Salamence (Dragon Vault)

MagnumZ

Aspiring Trainer
8.jpg

I love the ability of this card.

-Scornful Storm-
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may have your opponent discard cards from his or her hand until he or she has 4 cards left in his or her hand.

But, I am having problems finding a good (or decent) pair for this card.
What does the internet think? :)

I know when Cradily comes. I will be playing this as one of my stage two Pokemon.

2 things
1 there isn't really a good pairing for this card as its more of a tech, except hooligans and honchcrow.
2 this card has one of the top 10 abilities in the game, except it is stage 2 so because it doesn't give you the ability of acceleration or gives you a way of doing massive damage (or koing things freely I.e. dusknoir) and I mean it would have to do MASSIVE damage, it becomes auto un-playable.

I was pairing it with Honchkrow from Dragons Exalted, and Hooligans Jim & Cas.
73-honchkrow.jpg

http://www.http://google.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/hooligans-jim-cas-dark-explorers-dex-95.jpg
The strategy is to first use Salamence's Scornful Wind Ability to put them down to 4 cards. You then play Hooligans and hopefully get heads to put your opponent down to 1 card. Then you use Honchkrows attack to completely get rid of your opponent hand while hitting for 70 damage or 90 with Dark Claw. This version of Salamence is very fun, but yet its very inconsistent. Hope I helped you out.

FIRST: I never knew honchkrow could do that!!! That is a realy cool pair, im gana have to try this out!- SECOND: It honestly is a hard card to set up, there realy isnt a way to accelerate it. my friend and i have tried. Probably the best way would to run a 4-2-4 line, 4 rare candies, Ultra balls and level balls. you could possibly try out running it with garchomp (or maybe just gabite) for the dragon call to help set up quick, but it would probably just be very clunky, BUT you never know!!! You are just gana have to do alot of testing to make a consistent list for this. I will probably also be trying this out because i didnt know about the good pairing of this with honchkrow.

Salamance actually seems like it might be good in that Amoongus/Watchog/Ghetsis deck once Ghetsis comes out. Use Scornful Storm, then play Ghetsis to get rid of any remaining Items, then use Amoongus with Fliptini to hopefully shuffle in the rest of there hand- or all but 1 if they didn't have any Items when you played Ghetsis, then use Watchog EP to arrange there top decks so they can't draw a supporter.

I don't know what's supposed to be the damage-dealer in that deck, but it could be a pretty powerful lock once set up.

One, I've been testing BW-PLF Watchlock, and THERE'S NO WAY that deck can fit in a Salamence line lol. And, Mew EX would be the one using Watcheck and Astonish so Mew with its Versatile could be the attacker, utilizing Miracle Powder, Quick Tail Smash, or an opponent's attack.

Cradily + Salamence + Magnezone + Hooligans + Ghetsis + attacker = amazing

You could throw Watchog in there or Honchkrow. Salamence doesn't work at the moment, too clunky.

This is not the most competitive idea, but maybe you could do something with Grumpig. When you're handsizes match, you do 120 for PCC. Use Salamence to get their hand down to four (that you can easily match) and then extrasensory for 120.

You could also use this with cards that force your opponent to draw, but I don't know how many of those there are.

pokedan24 said:
This is not the most competitive idea, but maybe you could do something with Grumpig. When you're handsizes match, you do 120 for PCC. Use Salamence to get their hand down to four (that you can easily match) and then extrasensory for 120.

You could also use this with cards that force your opponent to draw, but I don't know how many of those there are.

The problem is that it is hard to run a deck that uses a stage 1 as it's attacker because it is hard to stream and no acceleration...I just think Cradily + stage 2 is more feasible because you can use a big basic like tornadus or landorus to attack with one energy and use lasers as well.

Super quick list...

3-3 Cradily
2 Salamence
2 Magnezone
2 Tornadus EX
2 Landorus EX
1 Terrakion
1 Bouffalant
--------------------
12 Supporters, maybe even more with hooligans
4 Catchers
4 Lasers
2 Virbank
dowsing machine or comp search
2 super rod
3 ultra ball
1 tool scrapper
3 switch
--------------------
4 dce
8 fight
--------------------

Problem is that almost everything will be tough to play because thundurus/deoxys is going to be such a fast deck...I wonder if people will tech genesect in that deck.

bagoly14 said:
pokedan24 said:

The problem is that it is hard to run a deck that uses a stage 1 as it's attacker because it is hard to stream and no acceleration...I just think Cradily + stage 2 is more feasible because you can use a big basic like tornadus or landorus to attack with one energy and use lasers as well.

Super quick list...

3-3 Cradily
2 Salamence
2 Magnezone
2 Tornadus EX
2 Landorus EX
1 Terrakion
1 Bouffalant
--------------------
12 Supporters, maybe even more with hooligans
4 Catchers
4 Lasers
2 Virbank
dowsing machine or comp search
2 super rod
3 ultra ball
1 tool scrapper
3 switch
--------------------
4 dce
8 fight
--------------------

Problem is that almost everything will be tough to play because thundurus/deoxys is going to be such a fast deck...I wonder if people will tech genesect in that deck.

Uh, you forgot Root Fossil, and Grass Energy... I wish the deck had this much space.

Yup I did, like I said, quick list lol.

I guess you could drop the HTL and Virbank, they are not crucial since once you set up the lock you are golden.

Back