Saturday, 6/2, Redshark Feedback

This is pretty cool... something I am concerned about, though, is how you're going to represent the different weakness/resistances that are in the D/P-on sets. What is there currently is just the type, and that won't be sufficient in the near future.

Another thing... I'd like the option of (but I guess it isn't necessary) a hover-tip box opening in the deck building and searching menus, or a menu like what's in place for the cards in hand. Either that, or a line of text actually saying "double-click for card info" on those menus.

Everything else I'd had issue with so far has already been mentioned, i.e. harsh colors, info boxes not closing until the menu's closed. Although speaking of colors... the opening screen could be softened a bit too, not just the playmat color... wide fields of bright primary colors, in general, are hard on some people's eyes, and that loading screen is up for quite a long time on a slow-running computer. The photographic red-shark picture you have on the front page would be great for the loading screen.

Edit: One more thing... when a player publicly moves a card from the deck/discard to their hand, there should probably be an option for the opposing player to see its info.

someone may have already adressed this but, playing through your premade decks with potion, how are you going to remove damage without picking the card up and playing everything back down?

also, there should be a little box when searching through your deck that you can click on or off for auto-shuffling. and also you should be able to rearrange your deck, like with Metagross's power or magcargo's.

Kamekaze_man said:
someone may have already adressed this but, playing through your premade decks with potion, how are you going to remove damage without picking the card up and playing everything back down?

Just click the pokemon card, and then click the "-20" green box to adjust the damage after playing the potion.

Kamekaze_man said:
also, there should be a little box when searching through your deck that you can click on or off for auto-shuffling.

There is, it's labelled, "shuffle on exit".

Kamekaze_man said:
and also you should be able to rearrange your deck, like with Metagross's power or magcargo's.

These are both possible...here's how to do a "Smoothover" :

1. View deck
2. Select card of interest
3. In the 'Destination' groupbox, select "Playmat" radio button
4. Check the "Shuffle on Exit" checkbox
5. In the 'Action Visibility' groupbox, select the "private" radiobutton
6. Click "Send and Close" button
This places your card in your Temp-Stack and is not visible to your opponent.
7. Rt-Click on the card in the Temp-Stack and choose "Place on Top of Deck"

it's very specially-made-for-pokemon program and TY to anyone who made it!

anyway, i would wish that the δ, star poke, are part of the pokemon's name instead of a dif bracket. it's so annoying to type "beldum", and then scroll down to click on beldum d.

I think its a prity cool system but u need 2 make the graphics better put in the pics of the cards ur using and make computer controled playas 4 solo mode

The program is not designed with an AI in mind. From a programming perspective, that is too difficult to do. It is easier to do when there are few cards around (ex: TCG for GB). This program is designed for people to play against each other, or to use the solitaire feature to see how well the deck sets up.

Also, if the pics of the cards are put in, everybody would be required to download huge patches, and if someone doesn't have all of the patches, they have to download the patch in the middle of the game. A text-based system is faster and more friendly to work with.

this is totally awesome, im playing with a paddle ball, with out the paddle and without the ball!

DocRobot_K-176 said:
The program is not designed with an AI in mind.  From a programming perspective, that is too difficult to do.

Even so, I think an AI option would be nice, so you don't have to play against yourself when no-one else is around.

Other than that I thought it was brilliant and can't wait for the Diamond and Pearl set to be added (probably because I live in the uk and they aren't even out over here yet :( )

Damn it! I have Windows XP, but when i want to start it, there is only the banner which says "please wait until the list is loaded" and dhe red shark... what can I do?

THX for help!

There's a problem with Dialga. Time Bellow does 10 damage and you have to draw a card, but the card info misses out the 'Draw a card' phrase.

mathace said:
There's a problem with Dialga. Time Bellow does 10 damage and you have to draw a card, but the card info misses out the 'Draw a card' phrase.

Good catch - the fix will be in the final 1.7 release.

mathace said:
Oh yeah... another problem: magneton DP can be attached as energy.

Another bug squashed...thanks to you. Actually any Magneton/Magnemite/etc would behave the same incorrect way.

Back