Shiny M Gengar-EX Promo, Shiny Gengar Distribution [8/29]

I don't know about you guys, but I'm really relieved that it was also a different artwork than the main set Mega Gengar. It feels like TPCi is just not on their TCG Megas game so far. About the 210HP thing... I guess they only did that because Spirit Link makes the card that much more powerful.

Maybe Mega Ampharos for Christmas? It kinda looks like Santa and this holiday related promo thing sounds like a good idea.

If this Shiny Mega is a SR in the set I will be so happy because TPCi is finally listening to the fans

If its just some random Japan only promo I'll punch someone

Oh yeah, I love it so much!! I love that is different from the Phantom Forces M-Gengar-EX, I love that this could be a good alternative to the other M-Gengar-EX, and I FREAKING LOVE the fact that it is shiny!!! I really doubt it will be part of Phantom Forces, maybe they will release it in a promo box a la Garchomp-EX, but hey Game Freak, it's not so difficult to make shiny versions of the ultra rare M-EXs! We don't care about the golden border, it's not difficult to publish an ultra rare card with some real differences between it and its regular counterpart! ;)

Japan always seems to get all the goodies. Just once it'd be nice to see everywhere except Japan get some exclusive distribution or promo card. The shiny Gengar distribution doesn't matter that much to me since I already have a flawless Shiny Gengar anyway, although it'd be nice trade bait. The card is what I'd be more interested in since it can't be obtained any other way right now.

This card makes me so mad. I mean, the last time I got so mad at the TCG company on a level like this was when I found out that the Charizard-EX deck would come to America, but only in the form of Flashfire!

This, on the other hand, infuriates me so much, that I might just write a Haiku about it:

Great And Massive Game Freak,
Why Do You Care About Mega Gengar,
Just Because He's Gen. 1?​

Why is this awful? First of all, this is first Shiny Mega card confirmed so far, and it just so happens to be Gengar, who ties with Charizard for being the most over-rated Pokemon from Generation 1. Second of all, this card is just AWFUL. It's just a weaker version of M. Venusaur. Less HP, Confusion instead of Paralysis, and just overall unplayable. And the biggest sin this card commits, is that the only way it will come to america is probably through a $20 box. This would also be the first time a Mega-EX would be released as a Box Promo, but why Gengar? This card could have been so many other Pokemon! It could have been Banette! It could have been Mewtwo(Mewtwo-EX is already in Legendary Treasures, so no problem there.), it could even have been Tyranitar(Lord, I hate that guy!)!

I would hope that the Pokemon Center website will offer the same promotion. Even just one would make me happy.

GadgetJax said:
Why is this awful? First of all, this is first Shiny Mega card confirmed so far, and it just so happens to be Gengar, who ties with Charizard for being the most over-rated Pokemon from Generation 1. It could have been Mewtwo(Mewtwo-EX is already in Legendary Treasures, so no problem there.), it could even have been Tyranitar(Lord, I hate that guy!)!
> complains it's gen 1, it's Gengar and that Gengar is overrated
> would like Mewtwo instead

LOLOLOL

I love the idea of a shiny Mega Gengar card and I hope it comes to the US soon and I hope they will also make other shiny mega cards :D

What are the odds that we'll get this Shiny Gengar distributed to us in the US, or anywhere else?...answer, virtually impossible. Just like all of Japan's other distributions. Seriously, would it kill Nintendo to make some of these worldwide off of Wi-fi or through Gamestop?

What are the odds that we'll get the Shiny M. Gengar EX to us in the US, or anywhere else?...answer, it's slightly possible. It could be secret secret rare in Phantom Gate (more rare than the gold border cards, of which I have NONE of anyway) or it could be released in some special boutique product, which would be okay because it would be easier for everyone to get access to. But it's just as likely (if not more so) that we won't see this card outside of Japan either.

Now I don't want to be petty here and say we should all get something Japan doesn't (though given the pattern we've seen forever it would be ironic) but they should at least start putting the rest of the world on equal level with Japan with this stuff now that we can just go pick Pokemon up over the internet in two minutes, and making another card out of how many are made a day? I'd think it would childs play.

I agree with Teal though that anyone would bash Gengar (who I don't think is over rated, I hardly think of him honestly) compare it to Charizard (who many say is over rated, I have no opinion on it as I like Charizard) and then would prefer Mewtwo instead (just as over rated in the same ways, though again I don't really agree, in fact I think calling ANYTHING over rated is over rated. People like what they like, companies to what they do, and there's no sense in complaing and or/bashing it) is funny and rather ironic really.

Furthermore with no M. Mewtwo EX (X or Y) out yet we have no proof that those cards are "playable" either. Same thing for Banette or Tyranitar. At least in my opinion if we have a promo release of a Mega Pokemon it should be M. Garchomp EX. We already have a Garchomp EX that was released in this era, not in the last era, and as a promo to boot. Granted, it's not FA, but minor detail. *Edit* Yes I realize that Garchomp could fall into the 'over rated' category too, but my point here is this card exists in the XY era, and Mewtwo does not exist in the XY era, and as I've ranted before we're looking at fifteen set for all Mega Pokemon to get cards, and if Mega Mewtwo(s) don't come out in the next four sets the Mewtwo EX cards we have now will not be tournament legal anymore, Garchomp will have a bit more longevity than that and it's even possible they'll reprint that card in the set that will release M. Garchomp EX and may even have full art of it. They'll completley redesign Mewtwo if they wait that long for a release.

Anyway, back on topic; Yay for Japan, seemingly sucks for the rest of the world.

We should've got these Megas as Secret Rares... I don't understand what's so difficult about changing up a few colors...

http://twitpic.com/eaps02

GadgetJax said:
Why is this awful? First of all, this is first Shiny Mega card confirmed so far, and it just so happens to be Gengar, who ties with Charizard for being the most over-rated Pokemon from Generation 1. Second of all, this card is just AWFUL. It's just a weaker version of M. Venusaur. Less HP, Confusion instead of Paralysis, and just overall unplayable. And the biggest sin this card commits, is that the only way it will come to america is probably through a $20 box. This would also be the first time a Mega-EX would be released as a Box Promo, but why Gengar? This card could have been so many other Pokemon! It could have been Banette! It could have been Mewtwo(Mewtwo-EX is already in Legendary Treasures, so no problem there.), it could even have been Tyranitar(Lord, I hate that guy!)!

Lol so you hate all the pokemon that everyone else likes? Such a rebel!

Okay, I like the idea of them making Promo Mega-Ex Pokes. It is a step closer to having ACTUAL secret rare cards that are one of the cards released in the set, but actually.. "secret". Having a different attack, more/less retreat, more/less HP.. you know, variety!

Anyway.. I assume (because I'm not sure) that Japan-Promos are NOT playable in Standard, right? I hate this confusing Promo thingy..

daisukereds said:
Okay, I like the idea of them making Promo Mega-Ex Pokes. It is a step closer to having ACTUAL secret rare cards that are one of the cards released in the set, but actually.. "secret". Having a different attack, more/less retreat, more/less HP.. you know, variety!

Anyway.. I assume (because I'm not sure) that Japan-Promos are NOT playable in Standard, right? I hate this confusing Promo thingy..

Japanese cards can only be played in Japan.

Back