SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

i'm stuck on SSE the Great Maze level. The last 2 doors i need to get to the final dark doors are not on the map :[ and i've look everywhere! STUPID DOORS! if you know where they are tell me NOW!!!

I was the only person who selected Kirby in a local tournament. I didn't win, but it was fun to watch everyone else beat the crap out of each other for about 2-3 hours (on Brawl, if anyone is confused). My friend was there to get the game (I unfortunately don't have a Wii). They ended up being the first person to get a copy of the game. As you can imagine, sleep wasn't the first thing on our minds when we left the mall at about 12:05AM. In the multi-player matches, we disabled every item except for the Smash Ball so we could see the Final Smashes as soon as we could. I know I'm not the first person to say it, but this game is awesome!

Well since my dad was in America, I asked him to get me Brawl and he said he would try, and he got it!!!!! So he is already on the plane back to Japan and then I will have my copy of Brawl by tonight. So awsome!!!!!!!! AGHH!!!!!!!! Okay now that I got that out of my system, I decided on my top 5.

1. Lucario
2. Toon Link
3. Lucas
4. Jigglypuff
5. Snake

what i hate about when you play as pt your always squirtle and cant switch....i really want to be c-zard.

electimortar said:
what i hate about when you play as pt your always squirtle and cant switch....i really want to be c-zard.

I actually like using Squirtle over Charizard. =p It seems to be quicker. BTW, is it me or is Pikachu slower? =/

Anyways is Pit or Ike good? I'm planning on picking one of them ocne I get my Wii.

Mr. Game and Watch is on the site. I just now saw him and you need 210 brawls to unlock him or you can do target test with 30 characters or get him to join you in the Subspace Emissary.:)

wow just took a break from playing brawl bymy self for like hours on end end ive completed the sse and now i have to go back to the ruins and get to unlock wolf faster and i still need to get jiggly .so i still have a ;ittle more to go to unlocking evr thing in the game and getting all the stickers and trophies so ...dang i wish i had one of my freinds over to get this stuff done faster=(

electimortar said:
Wait, what happened to down-B or clicking charizard at the character selection screen? :S

The only character I need now is Wolf. I've been juggling between DP and this. xD Anyway, I'm happy to report that they made Jigglypuff much beefier. It's standard attacks do alot of damage. :O

He's talking about during SSE. When you first start story mode you can only play as Squirtle, but eventually you encounter Ivysaur and Charizard.

[ChanseyMaster]

KG, you mean ground A-moves with standard moves or something? Because using ground moves with Jiggly = complete failure, Jigglypuff touches the ground for only a few reasons:
Refill jumps
Guard, smash, whatever, but not to the point where she stays on the ground, you know, slowest ground character in the game anyone?
After a rest ;)
And I guess Rollout, which seems to be kinda useful now.

But, yes, her fair seems to have a really powerful sweetspot (at the cost of her bair's knockback, which now only decent, but seems to really be combo-material), but that's really it, dair seems to auto-lag-cancel after a short-hop, which seems fun, uair seems to have a lot of lag, but whatever, I guess that's because of lowered ceilings.

It's really nice how you're all trying to comment on Jiggly for me, but I know enough, seriously.

I don't know Jigglypuff terms. :p Anyway, I'm really liking Toon Link and Sonic. They both fit my style of play. I like the fast characters. :]

letter + "air" = A-air move + direction, nair = neutral air
Sweetspot (this actually has 2 meanings, but the one I used): part of an attack's hitbox (the place where, during an attack, if you're there, you get hit) which has the highest knockback/damage, the tip of Marth's sword is the perfect example, and the reason why he's such a good noob character.
Short-hop: remove finger jump button before leaving the ground, will result in, I'm serious, a shorter jump.
knockback: how far an attack sends you flying
Auto-lag-cancel: some moves in Brawl seem to have no landing lag under certain conditions.

I didn't use any Jiggly-specific smashterms, sorry to disappoint you :S

what does the letter do anyway???i got like 70 of those in 1 sse stage. literally

Kevin Garrett said:
I don't know Jigglypuff terms. :p Anyway, I'm really liking Toon Link and Sonic. They both fit my style of play. I like the fast characters. :]

lol those are my 2 favorites
i like the fast ones too. but my style is super-annoyance. toon link really has that down.

i found those doors :D
i got all the characters :D
still need a few stages

anyways anyone who wants a battle can pm me

Eevee Master said:
Kevin Garrett said:

lol those are my 2 favorites
i like the fast ones too. but my style is super-annoyance. toon link really has that down.

i found those doors :D
i got all the characters :D
still need a few stages

anyways anyone who wants a battle can pm me

just add your FC to CM thread of FC so it's easier to post.
what's your guyz fav stage and charater
mine fav charater is Luigi and fav stage is delfino plaza
luigi has such a good FS my bros hate it when i use it on them, they call it cheap, but i call it skill.

EM, I'm stuck in the Great Maze too. Ughhh. 81%, and I'm throughly frustated. Slower than Melee, harder than heck to get online. I'm actually a little dissappointed in this game. *Gets Nuked* Yes, I played as Dedede, MM. Okay recovery and tough attacks. He's okay, but I'll never main him. Like I said, I'm almost done with the Subspace, but I don't even know why they included this stage in here. You have to fight every character so far and every boss, and then I know I'm going to get smashed by Tabuu. I might as well ignore SSE for the time being. ;( I have unlocked Game and Watch, and I like his moves for the most part. I got his stage as well, and I love how it changes. It's so unpredictable that I actually like a character I didn't think I liked. R.O.B is literally the shiz-nit. I think that's the only way I'll be able to beat Tabuu. Arm Strength stickers + Up-B + R.O.B. = pwned Tabuu. :]

I also saw Gardevoir as a Pokeball, I got K.O'ed by the Latis :)F), and I've experienced the Negative Zone. :O!!!!!!! Irony^ lol. Fav. Stage will always be Final Destination, but Battlefield comes close. Such detailed stages make the game so much better. Also, I have a ton of CD's and I maxed them all out on all the stages. :] I guess I'll do more Events and Target Tests and Challenges to get my mind off the insanely hard SSE. Again: ;(.

dmaster out.

Back