SSB Brawl Discussion Thread

RE: The official Super Smash Bros Brawl thread.

Charizard88 said:
Ness & Lucas are 2 tottally different characters.
Now you're over-exaggerating...

Ness and Lucas has the same set of B-moves, only slightly different effects and stuff. Their A-moves, however, are completely unalike, spare maybe f-smash, but even that is kinda different.

I finally got to hold Brawl in my hands for the first time. I read the back and it does sound like the best one to date as I and us anticipated it would be. Man I wish I had a Wii.:)

Why xxashxx did you start this thread if you don't have brawl or wii? But, not that this is a bad thread just a Q. Also FS are slightly different.

Not really, same move just angled differently and maybe different colors. :////

dmaster out.

Charizard88 said:
Why xxashxx did you start this thread if you don't have brawl or wii? But, not that this is a bad thread just a Q. Also FS are slightly different.

I started it because I knew it would be a very good thread to post lik/dislike and predictions before it came out. I am a huge Smash bros fan. I don't have a Wii yet because I can't get it yet and the same goes for Brawl. I can't help that you are wondering why the thread was made. I made it because the Super Smash Bros stuff started Surfacing about 2 weeks before I made the thread but honestly I never though this thread would last as long as it has. I did not think it would last more than a month and I did not think it would have as many posts as it has. I also made it so everyone could post their thoughts about the game and who their favorites are and who they wanted to play the most. I just wanted everyone to have fun discussing everything Brawl related as it started surfacing. I hope you have fun too. If you don't have the game I recommend that you that you get the game. If you have it awesome. and I hope you have fun posting about your favorites. A lot of us don't have a Wii but they still post in the thread to get ideas on how they will play when they do get it. I just want everyone to have fun either way.:)

That's a good idea, xxashxx, but you need to get it sooner or later. -___-

dmaster out.

I will eventually but it is waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to expensive right now.:)

Listen to this.

Pure Awesome

Any Zelda fan will recognize this music immediately.

Awesome by itself, say true, but arranged beautifully. It's one of my favorite pieces of music in Brawl.

Unfortunately, it's not *in* Brawl. For some reason, it was cut from the game. But it can still be found by searching the game's data.

Why was such a wonderful arrangement cut from the game? This would be the only thing playing at Bridge of Eldin if it was in.

And this isn't the only thing that was cut. A lot of unaltered Melee-specific music (How to Play, Stage Clear, etc), a few Mother/EarthBound tunes, and a couple Fire Emblem ones are not found anywhere in the game.

Perhaps they'll one day be available through some future service. Just hearing this sweet music and knowing it's in Brawl, but it's not ever able to be heard in-game is such a bummer. -_-

Yeah, the Lost Tracks are the best. Granted, I'm happy with most of the music they did choose, but they should've included everything, including the coded characters...

dmaster out.

something really odd happened today, I was playing at a custom stage and this computer peach had her parsol out but instead of slowly falling she was suppended in mid-air next to the side of a block.

I tried it out and if you keep on pushing the analog stick in the direction of the side of a block with a structure on top (to form one flat wall) you will be suspended for as long as you hold the analog down but if you let go of the analog she will stay suspended for a couple of seconds then fall the way she would normaly with her parasol out.

That's always been like that. It's called hovering in midair. :p I'm sure there was a Dojo! update on that...

dmaster out.

My quest is nearly over.

As of this writing I have 543 trophies and 692 stickers.

It's only a matter of time now... I do runs of The Forest in SSE on Intense for stickers using Fox, D3, R.O.B., and Meta Knight, in that order. I put flinch resistance sticker on Fox so even though he might get wailed on by the Primid, he can easily murder them without too much trouble. Fox can also reflect the Puppit's lasers and the Boom Primid's boomerangs, each for a OHKO. ^_^d

After he dies, D3 and R.O.B. usually carry me to the end. There are lots of enemies in The Forest, as well as two green boxes that each hold five stickers (but sometimes gives me a trophy, which blows), so it usually doesn't take more than 3 or 4 runs to come out with a new sticker. But with only eight stickers left, I feel that it's going to be a lot harder than I originally anticipated...

Does anyone need any help with anything?

Would anyone advise against trying classic on intense with one stock? Apparently I get a 'notice' for that, and I already did most of the Challenges in the game I wanted to do.

All I really have left to do:
- Boss battles on Very Hard, Intense
- Do a bunch of brawls to unlock a few remaining trophies (Will just let this happen naturally)
- Get all trophies, stickers, CDs. (Doing coin launcher now and then, letting the CDs come naturally. I dun need no CD factory)
- Unlock the last cut scene I'm missing, despite that barely being anything.
- Get a notice for beating classic with 1 life on intense, beating SSE on intense (uncertain if I really want to bother with either of these as the payoff is near-nothing.)

I kinda miss having a lot to do and the rest of these don't seem like things I feel like actively seeking out. At least coin launcher is kinda fun and gets me new stuff each time.

Beat SSE on Intense? You mean clear all stages on Intense or just the end fight?

Also I dunno about beating Classic on Intense with a single stock, since you get to continue and I believe you get a notice for clearing it even after continuing a ton of times (and against the giant fights, with one stock you may as well just not even try, since you can NOT beat a giant ANYTHING on Intense with a single stock).

CD-getting just kinda happened naturally. Mew got me one but I wasn't around for it (got the notice though). I had no idea CD factory whatever those are even existed until I long since got them all.

As for the stickers and trophies, well, *points to above post*

I read on the Dojo that killing more of those little grunt enemies in the Coin Launcher yields rarer (or was it more?) stickers and trophies. In my run of spending my entire wallet (start at 9999, end at 0), I don't know how many new stickers I got, but I did manage to get two new trophies - Paper Luigi and Mew, which I believe were my last ones to get that weren't SSE-related. So yeah, if you got a couple hours to spend (and the will to actually blow 10,000+ coins on the Coin Launcher in one sitting), then go for it, it'll really help.

I just recently finished off unlocking cutscenes for the SSE.

QUOTING GAMEFAQS

Mingy Jongo on GameFAQs said:
Q: Do I need to start a new save file on Intense to get the Notice for beating
The Subspace Emissary on it, or can I replay the levels on Intense on my
original file instead?

A: Either one will work. You will know if you have beaten a level on Intense
by the symbol in the mini screenshot in the top-left corner of the screen.

And here's a sample of the notice list:
GameFAQs said:
* You cleared Classic on Intense difficulty!
* You cleared Classic on Intense difficulty with only one stock!

Honestly I probably shouldn't even bother after all with being a completion-ist since I'll never get these anyway:
GameFAQs said:
*You've played 4,999 matches! A penny a match? What a deal!
* You've played 10,000 matches! This is no ordinary dedication!
* You've played 50,000 matches! That's a ridiculous number of matches!
* You've played 100,000 matches! That's too much! I give up.

edit: I see what you're saying about the one stock thing now. But that would be kinda redundant to make a big deal about one stock with continues.

For the sake of science, I decided to do it (beat Classic on Intense with 1 stock).

I continued so many times, when I finally beat Master Hand, my score was 540,609 (I got 540,600 points for beating Master Hand).

Problems I had:

Round 3 - Pikachu & Jigglypuff

Sounds easy, right? Wrongola. Lucario is my partner, and he's as smart as a box of rocks. To make things worse, we're at Spear Pillar. I die about ten times.

Round 10 - Giant Snake

I'm thinking, oh god there is no way I'm going to win. We're at Shadow Moses Island, and I have to fight a huge version of an already strong character that is now packing GIANT versions of his already strong explosives? And the only way I'm gonna be able to KO this menace is through the top of the screen since knockback is like nonexistent???

And I was right. I died four or five times, I think. The only reason I won is because he did a dashing attack through the left wall, right to his doom.

Other lucky wins include the round I don't know what number fight against Giant King Dedede, with Meta Knight as my partner. MK got killed off pretty quickly because he's a moron CPU, and D3 sent himself to his doom. Lucky me.

All in all, it's done now, and amazingly enough...

I got the notice. :)

Boy am I glad I never have to do that again. -_-

I got a question: What stage in Subspace Emissary would you recommend for me to get a Red Paratroopa? I got the Green Koopa, Red Koopa, and Green Paratroopa, but the Red Paratroopa is getting on my nerves. It looks to be ridiculously rare, and the one point that it shows up in quantity, The Swamp (towards the end), they come in whole hordes, and I get tossed around like a hacky-sack in the time it takes my character to throw the Trophy Stand. Either that or I accidentally jump on them and turn them into Red Koopas. (I played this on Intense, and I got whipped trying to toss the Trophy Stands. I played this on Very Hard, and the Stands never seem to show up or I accidentally catch a Bullet Bill.)

Also, which cutscenes require a second play-through of the Subspace Emissary? I can recall the ones where Kirby takes either Peach or Zelda to the Halberd; Dedede taking the trophy of either Peach or Zelda; Bowser's cannon thing (forgot the name) getting sliced by either Link's sword or Pit's blades; either Link and Yoshi taking on Mario and Pit or vice versa; Kirby revitalizing either Peach or Zelda; and either Lucario defeating Meta Knight or vice versa. Are there any that I've missed? I got every character trophy in Subspace the first time through, and there are no additional cutscenes by turning back into Zero Suit Samus after getting the Power Suit.

Shoot PMJ, guess you were right all along. I got to like stage 4 and it seemed possibly do-able at that point but I kicked a bomb and died when it spawned. I'm sure it gets harder though, anyway. Nice to know I can get that easy then. I probably should let that guy on Gamefaqs know just in case since he never mentioned it.

Ophie, from the sounds of it it seems you know the paths to get them all. The others must come from just playing through while you're following a specific path. The ONLY paths that unlock new cutscenes are:
Mario or Kirby
Zelda or Peach
Metaknight or Lucario defeating each other.

You get a notice when you unlock them all, so check the notice thing to see if it mentions anything.

d master342 said:
That's always been like that. It's called hovering in midair. :p I'm sure there was a Dojo! update on that...

dmaster out.
Are you talking about peach's midair jump because she was sitting there in the same exact place in midair with her parasol out for quite some time.

Water Mewtwo said:
something really odd happened today, I was playing at a custom stage and this computer peach had her parsol out but instead of slowly falling she was suppended in mid-air next to the side of a block.

I tried it out and if you keep on pushing the analog stick in the direction of the side of a block with a structure on top (to form one flat wall) you will be suspended for as long as you hold the analog down but if you let go of the analog she will stay suspended for a couple of seconds then fall the way she would normaly with her parasol out.
Yeah, I found this glitch as well the first day that I had Brawl.
There are certain items in the stage creator that Peach and Game & Watch (there may be more, I'm just away of those two) can float next to if they just hold the direction of the block.

[ChanseyMaster]

Back