Starter pokemon?

Spindry

Lover of odd pokemon
So I was sorta working on my own pokemon list and such, when I encountered a problem,

I have 2 of the starters, but not a 3rd.
1 - Mossbea (moss bear pokemon)
2 - Ribburn (steam frog pokemon)

but I have no water pokemon.
I decided to research some neat animals to model a pokemon after, but so far nothing has really come up to be just what I'm looking for.

Anyone have any ideas so I can get my fan creation underway? :p

From past pokemon games, a starter is usually a pokemon with terrestrial capability... meant it can walk, that's why I haven't just picked some random fish. :p

Neat idea though, using a mammal.

Like the water bugs that swim across the water tops?
I think that's what Surskit is.

XD Yeah that'd be good. I did however just seem someone try to make the adaptation of a platypus pokemon. Not really sure if I could give in awesome last form though.

Yeah... I made a platypus water starter...

Maybe... (Just Random)
an Otter, a Water Buffalo, or ya' know... just a Rescue dog...

Pokemon Noobiepie said:
How about like a beaver?

What, you don't call Bidoof's evo a Beaver?
How about a Kangaroo or a Korala?
*Sorry for my lack in spelling.*

Well, there is such thing as a water bear. It is a microscophic animal that puts itself into a state of animation, meaning that it can survive for years it extreme heat, extreme depths in the oceon, extreme proximity to Radiation, and even in outer space.
Not sure how you could incorperate it into a pokemon though.

Isn't Psyduck already a platypus? Buizel and Floatzel already fulfill the roles of sea otter (though the Pokédex classifies them as sea weasels) and marine rescuer.

Every Water starter has had legs and live an amphibious life (though none have been amphibians yet). You could try a water spider. It spins its webs underwater and creates air bubbles on its abdomen so it can breathe. It does so by capturing bits of air from above the surface and sticking them onto itself. It also creates a big bubble of air held in place by a web if it feels it needs a new supply of fresh air. It's pretty neat, if you've ever seen some yourself, and it would make a pretty unique-looking Pokémon. We could use another strong Bug-type, and Surskit won't do for a good Water/Bug.

I found a picture of a water spider where you can easily see the bubble on itself, as well as its "diving bell" above it where it gets more fresh air.
waterspiderky4.jpg

I would also suggest a pistol shrimp, one of the few animals capable of firing energy blasts (I'm not kidding--put it in an aquarium, and it'll shatter the glass sitting in the middle), but Corphish and Crawdaunt look like shrimp already (even though they aren't), and there's the problem of resembling them too closely. Then again, we have Piplup, Prinplup, and Empoleon when we already had Delibird.

I saw the spider on "The most extreme: Divers". I was pretty amazed. I was going to suggest it, but Spindry said he didn't like spiders, suprisingly.
I also heard of the Pisto Shrimp from The Most Extreme. It can kill fish up to 6 feet away with it's energy blasts. Really, it produces a bubble, which is extremely hot. It bursts and creates a huge flash of light, and while doing this, it sends out a high frequency sound wave. It goes so fast it can kill other fish, and shatter aquariems. Keep in mind, that this is all in a trillianth of a second.

Psyduck... Is just a Duck....
And Mudkip is a Mudskipper which is an Amphibian...

Shrimp would be good... But I'm not sure how you'd make 3 forms outof it...

So right now... I still think Water Buffalo, or a Sea Monkey would be a good fit.

Back