Art Gallery Steffenka's Card Artworks - Dragoon Island!

Oh WOW! I am impressed. The poses are great and I love the backgrounds too. You also drew Latios, which is a challenging Pokemon to draw imo (at least from my experience). It looks awesome :]
Thank you! :D
I could include Suicune in the next one, if you want me to? ;)

I just took a look at a bit of the card art from the OP, and I have to say it's pretty good! It's not often I see stuff that's been done using traditional media (without using a computer). How long does it take for you to finish a single Pokémon's art? Is it hard colouring using the medium you use? How do you draw Pokémon so well? (I can't draw Pokémon all that well, so when doing a Pokémon-related drawing, I tend to draw either Trainers or gijinka versions.) Either way, well done!

I just took a look at a bit of the card art from the OP, and I have to say it's pretty good! It's not often I see stuff that's been done using traditional media (without using a computer). How long does it take for you to finish a single Pokémon's art? Is it hard colouring using the medium you use? How do you draw Pokémon so well? (I can't draw Pokémon all that well, so when doing a Pokémon-related drawing, I tend to draw either Trainers or gijinka versions.) Either way, well done!
Thank you! It usually takes me a couple of days to complete a set of artworks, though, I usually spend longer time on them, because of homework and other projects I have going on, on DeviantArt. I don't think it's very hard colouring, unless there's a lot of details on the Pokemon. How do I draw Pokemon so well? Lots and lots of practice :p

Would you look at that! It's part 5 of Glittery Points!

glittery_points__5__by_steffenka-da23ojv.jpg

Wow, the complexity of the pose you went for with the first Barbaracle is pretty amazing! The Kangaskhan was also pretty neat concept. ^.^

Here's a M-Abomasnow EX sketch I've made, I hope y'all like it! I've been working on a few new artworks, including Pokken part two, and a Fairytale collection featuring two Pokemon, a Full art and a regular EX :)

mega_abomasnow_sketch_by_steffenka-da3523o.jpg

So I've decided that I'm also going to make recoloured artworks of Pokémon a la the ones @Reggie McGigas made in his recolour thread! The recolours will be anything from Pokémon with their pre- or evolutions colours, over subspecies of Pokémon, to "fixed" Shiny Pokémon - And of course I'm taking recolouring requests! Just to note, I have new Glittery Points artworks coming, and they'll most likely be posted next week! :D

So here's the first new recolours:

manectric___electrike_by_steffenka-dab7v2o.png

mega_manectric___electrike_by_steffenka-dab7v28.png

Since Electrike turns blue in its' Shiny forme, I thought it would be interesting to see Manectric turn green, and of course Mega Manectric had to follow! (Note I also changed regular Manectric's eye from red to black, just to fit with Electrike's.) I think I prefer the originals, though I'm not against the green ones either :p

original_weavile_by_steffenka-dab7v2w.png

What if Weavile had Sneasel's original colouring? Something I've wanted to see for quite a while, so I took it upon myself to figure it out! I actually really like the colour scheme, and I kinda wished Sneasel would've kept is original brown and turqoise, instead of turning dark blue and red :/

dragonite___dragonair_by_steffenka-dab7v36.png

I've heard a lot of people complain about Dragonite being orange instead of blue, like the rest of it's line. I like it, but I think I prefer orange tbh

underground_beedrill_by_steffenka-dab7v1y.png

Some Beedrill have resided to build their nests underground. Over a couple of hundred years, these Beedrill turned from their usual bright yellow colours, to a more brown colour, in order to camouflage themselves, so that potential predators have a harder time spotting a nest. These Beedrill are also smaller than the regular Beedrill, being about 2/3rds of their size.

More recolours, because I have nothing else to do (the new artwork sketches are at home, and I'm currently visiting my granda) :p

monarch_beautifly_by_steffenka-daberw7.png

Some of my absolute favourite animals are butterflies, because of their almost always different and vibrant colours, and one of the most well known species of butterflies, are the Monarch Butterfly, so I thought, why not try making a Monarch Beautifly? I considered doing Butterfree, but I thought it would look better on Beautifly, so that's what I went with! :)

female_hippowdon_by_steffenka-daberw9.png

A female Hippowdon, nothing else. I really like noticeable gender differences, and Hippopotas and Hippowdon has some of the most noticable out of gen 5 and 6. Despite the big colour difference, only the male has official artwork, and I thought I'd change that up!

sand_clauncher_by_steffenka-daberw2.png
sand_clawitzer_by_steffenka-daberw0.png

Clauncher and Clawitzer found close to shores, have adapted a more sand coloured body, instead of the usual blue found in species further out in the ocean. The blue variant is often considered to be more abundant, than the sandy variant, as they're found both near shores and further out in the ocean, however this is simply due to the sandy variants being able to hide so well beneath the sand. In fact 75% of the Clauncher and Clawitzer living near shores are of the sandy variant, but as the blue variant are the ones found swimming, and not on the bottom, they're often the ones caught while fishing.

i'm liking the recolors! i don't think i'll ever be able to pull that off with just a paint bucket tool :D

i'm liking the recolors! i don't think i'll ever be able to pull that off with just a paint bucket tool :D
Thank you! It actually isn't that hard, you just paint with the paint bucket, and make the details with a brush, and voila, a recolour ;)

New recolours! :D

For @scattered mind! :)
shiny_heracross_by_steffenka-dabz6pp.png
shiny_heracross_2_by_steffenka-dabz6p0.png
So SM requested a red and black shiny Heracross. I wasn't really sure how to made it two colours, since it's mainly blue, but I ended up making the claws black! I could not decide whether I liked the eyes grey or yellow, so I just made two versions :p

For @TheFlyingPidove! :D
shiny_parasect_by_steffenka-dabz6og.png

TFP requested a shiny Parasect, that had some red in it, so I ended up making its bahdy red, and turning the mushroom brown and light grey, since it's the colours I usually associate with mushrooms :p

I hope both of you like the results of your requests! :D

shiny_druddigon_by_steffenka-dabz6nq.png

I have a love-hate relationship with shiny Druddigon, so I tried to make a shiny that I would like. The blue turned to a dull dark green, while the red was made more vibrant, which the green also helped it to be, considering the two are complementary colours :)

fraxure___haxorus_by_steffenka-dabz6mu.png

Haxorus keeping Fraxure's colour scheme, instead of turning yellow!

mienshao___mienfoo_by_steffenka-dabz6lz.png

A Mienfoo with the colour scheme of a Mienshao! I prefer the original, but I like this variant too!

All urban variations this time! (Part 1 of 2) :D

city_amoonguss_by_steffenka-dac8cmc.png

Amoonguss found in big cities, have evolved a change to their caps throughout a couple of decades, so that they now resemble car tires instead of Poké Balls. This change helps them hide near car parks, where their camouflage aids them in capturing smaller prey, such as resting bird Pokémon or small Bug-type Pokémon. If a human, or a large Pokémon, comes a step too close to these Amoonguss, they spew out a toxin that numbs the skin, and this toxin can, if not cleaned of within a couple of hours, cause paralysis that last between a day and a week, depending on the amount of toxin that made contact.

city_pidgeot_by_steffenka-dac8cjh.png

Pidgeot found in large urban areas, have gained a dark blue colouration to their plumage, instead of their usual brown colours. These colours help the Pokémon hide from predators, such as Fearow or Talonflame, on bricks, near roads and on rooftops. Pidgeot's colours are dull and it's plumage able to help it gain speed while flying, which both are suitable when evading potential threads. Pidgeot can often be found near roads, picking off human leftovers or fighting off Unfezant invading their territory.

city_unfezant_by_steffenka-dac8cnt.png

Unfezant found in cities are known to rival Pidgeot, but this rivalry might have left Pidgeot with an advantage. The feathers of male Unfezant, are not very flying friendly, and the vibrant colours attracts predators easier than Pidgeot's duller plumage does. However Unfezant have adapted a more combat-based lifestyle, and can often be seen fighting predators off, and intentionally attacking Pidgeot territories to gain the good leftover spots. When competing for a female Unfezant, males have a so called "dance off", where the two competitors flash their feathers in front of the female, who then chooses which male she wants to mate with.

city_rattata_by_steffenka-dac8ck1.png

Rattata found in cities, have adapted a darker coat, which helps them hide in dark places (such as basements or sewers) during the daytime, and blending in with asphalt on roads during the nighttime. They are considered pests, due to them often being found inside homes, raiding trash cans and eating leftover food.

city_fearow_by_steffenka-dac8cmz.png

These fierce predators can often be founds soaring over parks or other large areas, where they mainly pray on Unfezant, and Bug-type Pokémon. Sometimes Fearow have long and dangerous battles against Scolipede or Beedrill they try to prey on, and this variation has therefore developed an immunity to some toxins used by Bug-type Pokémon. A Fearow nest can cover an entire rooftop, and if they decide to nest there, the nest is often destroyed with a water hose and a small controlled fire.

city_scolipede_by_steffenka-dac8ciq.png

Despite their warning colours, these Scolipede are actually less toxic than their "wild" counterparts, and their toxins are barely even poisonous to humans. Often found by itself, a Scolipede is always on look-out for a pack of Fearow trying to attack and eat it, and can fold itself together to roll away from the fight, if needed. It feeds on various berries, leafs and seeds, and can sometimes be found wandering around in gardens, much to gardeners dismay.

city_zoroark_by_steffenka-dac8cky.png

Zoroark found in urban areas have developed a grey coat, to aid them move without being seen during night-time. They often prey on sleeping bird Pokémon, but are not afraid to go through trash cans to find something edible. If a Zoroark is spooked, it will change its appearance to look like a murky looking person, in an attempt to scare the disturber away.

city_beedrill_by_steffenka-dac8cog.png

Unlike their underground and forest-found counterparts, this subspecie of Beedrill, has developed a bright orange colour, which is a way of displaying: DO NOT TOUCH ME! Urban Beedrill have a very poisonous toxin in their stingers, the toxin is even visible on the stingers attached to their arms, and they are not afraid to use it. The majority of Pokémon rushed into Pokémon Centers in cities, are Pokémon getting a bit too close to a Beedrill nest.

city_talonflame_by_steffenka-dac8cne.png

Talonflame can often be seen swooping down very fast out of the sky, in an attempt to catch an Unfezant or a Pidgeot, or sometimes even a Fearow, which have earned them the nickname "Red Lightning." These fierce predators, will eat any meat put in front of them with no hesitation, and are therefore advised to not be caught by amateur trainers. They make their nests on the side of skyscrapers, and nestlings are left by themselves most of the day, while the parents are out catching prey.

More urban variations + extra! I really enjoy making these variations, and since I've kinda lost the spark for drawing a little, these are probably what you can expect to see most of for now (I'll try to put in some artwork here and there :))

For @TheFlyingPidove :D
urban_politoed_by_steffenka-dacq2tf.png

Urban found Politoed have adapted to a life where predators (or humans) are near them 24/7, and have therefore resorted to a more poisonous lifestyle. These new-found poisons have caused their appearnce to show off dangerous colours to warn off these predators. Though some Pokémon, like Fearow, have developed an immunity to these toxins, and are preying on Politoed. This have caused Politoed to be mainly active at night, where they hunt small bird Pokémon, and have ironically developed a taste for Spearow nestlings.
A big thanks to @Celever for helping me with colours! :D

urban_lurantis_by_steffenka-dacq2sb.png

Lurantis found in cities have evolved darker colours, due to a life-style more suited during night-time. These fierce predators are preying upon male Pokémon, and use their feminine look to lure prey in. Beedrill, Politoed and even Zoroark have fallen prey to these newly discovered Pokémon, and there are even rumours circulating about human disappearnces being connected to a pack of local Lurantis. It is therefore advised for people to never leave their male Pokémon out of sight during night-time, though also be vary during early morning and evenings since Lurantis also might be active during these times.

urban_sunflora_by_steffenka-dacq2qf.png

These Sunflora haven't actually changed naturally, but are mutations caused by human interference. The dark orange petals are much preferred in city parks, due to the orange sticking less out than a bright yellow would. However normal Sunflora are still imported into the city parks, and hybrids between the two variations are occuring more often than ever, causing a soft orange variation that is becoming increasingly popular in gardens.

urban_sandshrew_by_steffenka-dacq2re.png

Sandshrew in cities have adapted a bright red shell, causing them to camouflage among brick rocks. These variations can often be found near construction sites or near junkyards, since houses rarely have the bright red brick-colour, and old bricks often can be found in these places. The red Sandshrew is also the mascot for the Beach City fire department, due to them often being used by firefighters to put out fires with their Sand Attack and Mud Shot moves.

urban_venomoth_by_steffenka-dacq2ye.png

Venomoth have adapted a grey colour, instead of their usual purple colour, solely for camouflage on buildings. They hang on walls, sleeping, during the daytime, with their wings looking like cracks in the wall, but become active once the night is upon them. Their abdomen is still purple due to the poisonous scales it uses to hunt, however the difference between the colours is so small that most don't even notice it in the first place.

And for the extra part:

For @Celever :D
lgbtq__vespiquen_by_steffenka-dacq2o2.png

So Celever requested a Pokémon with the lgbtq+ flag's colours, and after a short discussion we ended using Vespiquen as the Pokémon to transform, since it already is a queen, and because Celever and I are queens in disguise.

metal_mega_scizor_by_steffenka-dacq2oo.png

Since Charizard goes from orange to black when Mega Evolving into Mega Charizard X, I thought why shouldn't other Pokémon change colours when Mega Evolving. Since Scizor is a Steel-type, I went with a metal-looking silver colour to go along with the type. Let me know if you want to see other Mega Evolutions change colour!

cave_swampert_by_steffenka-dacq2pn.png

A few hundred years ago, about 24 Mudkip, Marshtomb and Swampert fell into a sinkhole, and were trapped in underground caves. Over the years, they lost their colours (and vision), and can now find prey using their fins to locate vibrations in the dark water. They eventually lost their Ground-type as well, and a mutation caused them to gain the Dark-type, which they use to their full advantage, with moves such as Night Slash and Dark Pulse, moves that previously were unobtainable on these Pokémon, being used by them in the dark.

So I've made a few new Pokémon forms for my Fakemon region over on DeviantArt, and thought I should post them here too ;)

palerman_lights_by_steffenka-dacykti.jpg

607 (Unova National Dex) Litwick
Candle Pokémon
Ground/Fire
Ability: Levitate

608 (Unova National Dex) Lampent
Lamp Pokémon
Ground/Fire

609 (Unova National Dex) Litwick
Luring Pokémon
Ground/Fire

palerman_jellyfish_by_steffenka-dacyksk.jpg

316 (Hoenn National Dex) Gulpin
Stomach Pokémon
Water
Ability: Swift Swim

317 (Hoenn National Dex) Swalot
Poison Bag Pokémon
Water
Ability: Swift Swim

palerman_bats_by_steffenka-dacykvz.jpg

527 (Unova National Dex) Woobat
Bat Pokémon
Dark/Flying
Ability: Infiltrator

528 (Unova National Dex) Swoobat
Courting Pokémon
Dark/Flying
Ability: Infiltrator

@StriatonIsMagic Litten will come with the next update :)

For now, it's just some of my digital Alolan variations:

alola_pansage_by_steffenka-dadgiy3.png

Grass/Fairy
Ability: Flower Veil

alola_simisage_by_steffenka-dadgiya.png

Grass/Fairy
Ability: Flower Veil

alola_psyduck_by_steffenka-dadgixy.png

Grass
Ability: Natural Cure

alola_golduck_by_steffenka-dadgixs.png

Grass
Ability: Natural Cure

@StriatonIsMagic requested a Litten that looks like a Dark-type with darker colours than the normal Litten, so this is what I made her:

dark_litten_by_steffenka-dadh849.png

And some more Alolan Pokémon:

alolan_inkay_by_steffenka-daduhlb.png

Water/Poison
Ability: Poison Touch/Suction Cups

alolan_malamar_by_steffenka-daduhl3.png

Water/Poison
Ability: Poison Touch/Suction Cups

alolan_ludicolo_by_steffenka-daduhkm.png

Grass/Ground
Ability: Harvest/Chlorophyll

The next batch of recolours, and a little surpise from my DeviantArt :p

oricorio_blue_pompom_by_steffenka-daes517.png

Wanted to give Oricorio different coloured pom-poms and ended with light blue, since it went well with the yellow :)
oricorio_straw_skirt_by_steffenka-daes510.png

This is my least favourite of the variations/formes, and I really like the outcome! I think the straw-coloured skirt looks so much better than the pink!
oricorio_straw_skirt___purple_by_steffenka-daes50m.png

@Celever suggested Purple feathers instead of the light pink, and I really liked that result as well, so I ended up posting both! :p

red_stufful_by_steffenka-daes51f.png

red_bewear_by_steffenka-daes51o.png

I like these so much better than the original! The colours are now more based of a red panda, and the weird mouth on Stufful is gone! Two of my favourites recolours ever! :D

Edit: I completely forgot about the surprise! Here ya go!
palerman_swalot_by_steffenka-dae50y3.png

Last edited:
Back