• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

T-Storm Warning (M-Manectric EX / Yveltal EX)

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
Pokemon:

• 3 Manectric EX
    2 M-Manectric EX
    2 Yveltal
    3 Yveltal EX
    1 Darkrai EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Ultra Ball
    3 Muscle Band
    2 VS Seeker
    2 Manectric Spirit Link
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Computer Search
    1 Switch
    1 Escape Rope
    1 Professor's Letter
    1 Startling Megaphone
    1 Tool Retriever
    1 Energy Switch
    1 Max Potion
    3 Professor Sycamore
    3 N
    3 Skyla
    2 Lysandre
    1 Colress
    1 Teammates
    2 Shadow Circle
    1 Rough Seas
Energy:

• 4 Lightning Energy
    7 Darkness Energy
    2 DCE

Strategy:
- Beef up Yveltal EX with baby Yveltal and/or M-Manectric.
- Head Ringers are in here to force the opponent to drop more energy onto their EXs to power up Yveltal EX more, or to add fuel to Manectric EX's Assault Laser, or to simply prevent the opponent from attaching their own tools.
- I'm wondering what I can do to make this deck better. I've had moderate to high success with it, depending on what I'm up against. I suffer against Fairy decks, occasionally Night March decks, the annoying Flareon deck, mirror matches, and Bat variations, especially the Landorus (Manectric) and Manectric (Yveltal) ones.
- Is my Pokemon list okay as is? Would Seismitoad EX be a good addition? Trainers to add/drop? Thanks.

Personally I find there is too many 1-off items in here. I don't think you'd often draw into them at the right moment, you'd need to draw more than 1 card to pull a gimmick with Skyla, and I would expect them to be discarded more often. I'm thinking primarily of things like Max Potion and Tool Retriever. 1-2 Battle Compressor + Trump Card could be useful, both to get energy into the discard, as well as thin supporters from your deck for use with the VS Seeker.

Hoooooowever... IK that you're really quite experienced in TCG, and you may find the following draw changes a bit unnecessary. IDRK how your draw works; it may fully well be better than my suggestions.

Non Toad Suggestions:

-1 Switch/Escape Rope (You've got Rope + Free w/Darkrai + Free M-Manectric; I really don't think it is worth another one)
-1 Max Potion (see paragraph)
-1 Tool Retriever (I feel this will make the deck too clunky)
-2 Skyla (I feel that there is too much)
-1 Rough Sea (Unless you choose to run Toad, I think this is not really worth it - it's difficult to draw into and it sorta ruins stadium consistency)

+1 VS Seeker (I find 3-4 best)
+1 Sycamore (Consistency)
+1 Jirachi-EX (As much as I don't like him, I think he would be useful here)
+3 Super Scoop Up (I think this could function as a good Max Potion + Tool Retriever and would probably be useful to nullify sniper/bat damage).

Toad Suggestions:

-1 Switch/Escape Rope (You've got Rope + Free w/Darkrai + Free M-Manectric; I really don't think it is worth another one)
-1 Energy Switch (Space for other cards)
-1 Lysandre (^)
-1 Max Potion (see paragraph)
-1 Tool Retriever (I feel this will make the deck too clunky)
-2 Skyla (I feel that there is too much)
-1/2 Shadow Circle (If you run Toad, I suggest running Rough Seas instead.)
-1 Dark Energy (For DCE)

+1 VS Seeker (I find 3-4 best)
+1 Sycamore (Consistency)
+2 Seismitoad-EX (Could work)
+1/2 Rough Seas (Better with Toad, IMO)
+3 Super Scoop Up (I think this could function as a good Max Potion + Tool Retriever and would probably be useful to nullify sniper/bat damage).
+1 DCE (For Toad consistency)

Thanks again for the input. Some good advice that I'll use for tweaking this deck. Gotta get ready for Regionals in Madison, and I'm torn on which of my two (most used) decks I should use.

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Thanks again for the input. Some good advice that I'll use for tweaking this deck. Gotta get ready for Regionals in Madison, and I'm torn on which of my two (most used) decks I should use.

Personally, I think that if you make too many changes with this one, you will be less familiar in future games compared to your Donphan one.

Back