TCG One TCG ONE General Discussion

RE: TCG ONE - full featured online pokemon TCG simulator [Neo Series Live]

TheAnticipationEevee said:
Eevee Promo should be for completing Quickplay Champion!
Then how would people get it after you got bored of doing it?

Tash said:
TheAnticipationEevee said:
Eevee Promo should be for completing Quickplay Champion!
Then how would people get it after you got bored of doing it?

But I am not bored of doing it

More achievement Ideas

Collect 10 Badges (KGC + SI)
Excavated - Finish The Southern Islands
Kanto League Champion - Complete Kanto Grand Challenge
Johto League Champion - Complete Johto Grand Challenge
Quickplay Champion - Become a QuickPlay Champion
Snacker - Complete The Vending Machine Series

I've released quests today.

New Lobby Commands:
Code:
/flip
Flips a coin
Code:
/roll
/roll 10
Rolls a die. Default die size is 6
Code:
/shuffle Erika,Koga,Brock,Sabrina,Surge,Blaine,Misty,Gio
Shuffles given comma seperated arguments randomly and displays them.

I have also wrapped up the achievements and their rewards here: (It's the second sheet of same document)
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au9jeuecqayHdGFhbnZZYl9tcXNRTmU3TEpDTU5ZNnc&usp=sharing

Some of them still need names and rewards. We also need to find a proper way to earn multiples of promo cards. How about 1/10 chance of a random promo (this random pool should only contain promos with at least 1 and less than 4 in player's inventory) on each quest completion?

Eevee, we should consider Quickplay Champion achievement after in-game support for tournaments are added. Please put the other ones in that list.

Hi! It's bluecapricorn here!

I was just talking with admin about my new idea of quests reward. Tell what do you think about this?:

Reward is random and player can decide himself how much he can get. It would be based on choosing reward range before starting quest. If you choose wider range you can get much more or much less.
It would work like that:

Reward is a random number from interval [ A - B*X ; A + B*X ] and player choose X before starting quest. Of course we should discuss and determine optimal value of A and B on the forum first.

For example if we determine that A=200 and B=10, we have interval [200-10X; 200+10X] and when player want to start quest he decide himself of X value. (Where X is 1,2,3,...20). If he decide that X=1, then his reward is a random number from 190 to 210, if he decide that X=10, then his reward is a random number from 100 to 300. Average reward is always 200 but it is fun to take a risk with wider range. Or you can just play cautiously with narrow range.

What do you guys think? Please don't say it is complicated because player has to select X only and it can be explained very easily.

Sorry for my english (I'm not a native speaker)

I think the problem with it is that it assumes bit rewards only, when ideally, when the system is hammered out a bit, there should be multiple reward options.

Tash said:
I think the problem with it is that it assumes bit rewards only, when ideally, when the system is hammered out a bit, there should be multiple reward options.

Like axpendix said before:

How about 1/10 chance of a random promo (this random pool should only contain promos with at least 1 and less than 4 in player's inventory) on each quest completion?

It may be solution for that problem

out of about 12 Gym Heroes packs I've pulled 3 Misty's Goldeen, 2 Brock's Rhyhorn and the bad Clefairy. This set really, really sucks.

Out of 13 Heroes Packs, I did not get a single Rocket Card, just got average cards, only got 1 Junk Brock's Onix though :D

There are three ways to win in the Pokemon tcg:
  • Taking all six prize cards
  • Knocking out your opponent's last Pokemon
  • Making your opponent run out of cards
(and one other condition in the HGSS block, but that's not important right now)

The problem with the current point system is that it takes prizes into account regardless of which win condition is met, despite prizes having nothing to do with the later two. Deck outs, and possibly running your opponent out of Pokemon, need to run on a completely different formula that ignore prizes, as deck-outs are generally achieved through ignoring prizes in favor of defense. As of the current formula, a player facing a stall deck doesn't need to worry if they lose to deck out, since their reward is based on how many prizes they took while they were being defeated. (earlier I got 30 points for managing to stall out my opponent, while they got 80)

Also, losers getting more points than the winner is still an issue for me. My opponents are pretty consistently getting 10-20 points more than me every time they lose. I think the easiest way to fix it is to just implement a hard cap in calculations reduce the loser's winnings if they're calculated to get more than the winner.

Also, I hope Goldeen dies in a fire.

I used a really bad deck that's how I got 80 in the first place. I told you to swap back to Chansey but you still use Blaine's Arcanine which apparently has high points on that Power Value thing making you get way less. If you were like everyone else, try using a weaker deck.

The loser shouldn't be getting nearly 3 times as many points as the winner in ANY case, regardless of deck.

Besides, that Arcanine deck is significantly weaker than the gastly deck. This is exactly why trying to rate the power of a deck by the sum of its parts is a terrible idea.

How about a Prop15 format as an option for newer players? No more than 15 trainers, and maximum of 3 pokemon of any types. This might create an alternative 'casual' format. Other suggestions include a Base-Rocket format, and a Rocket-on format. Providing choice of format (and a big enough player base) will allow players with weaker decks to be protected from the gradual power creep as new sets are released.

3 Things about Gym Heroes!

1) WHERE ARE THOSE ERIKA'S DRATINI!?!?!?!

2) The Rares are really clumped and I just get like Brock's Onix, Erika's Victreebel or Misty's Poliwrath in a row many times. I have pulled a total of 5 Victreebel and 4 Poliwrath.

3) The rare Gym Leader Trainers and the Pokemon are really clumped and seperated from each other. Either you get a) A lot of trainers clumped and no Pokemon or B) You get a lot of Non - Holo Pokemon clumps like above.

I agree that Dratini was made far rarer than it should be. It's really only useful against big basic decks.

There's almost the same amount of Erika's Dratini as Computer Search / Item Finder

I got a whole load of computer searches and item-finders, at least 5 of each from base.
As for clumped rares, I agree, there seems to be a problem with the pack randomisation.

Could the sets simply be released in the same order and rarity as was released in the paper TGC? Withholding certain rares just makes it imbalanced for those with the purchasing power to buy them, and stops new players from making competitive decks. I'm advocating a free market, and a recreation of the pokemon environments that existed in 1999-2000. Sure, some decks dominated, but this will always happen. Under the creative scoring system, then the rocket trap deck that combo's your opponent out on turn 1-2 is the deck of choice for netting you 80-100 bits by turn 4-5 to your opponents 15. How is that fun? I'd rather play against another haymaker and have the choice of running Erika's Dratini's / or metagaming an anti-haymaker deck to deal with it.

VibratingSky said:
I got a whole load of computer searches and item-finders, at least 5 of each from base.
They were really, really rare when the game started. The rate had to be upped on them.

VibratingSky said:
As for clumped rares, I agree, there seems to be a problem with the pack randomisation.

Could the sets simply be released in the same order and rarity as was released in the paper TGC? Withholding certain rares just makes it imbalanced for those with the purchasing power to buy them, and stops new players from making competitive decks. I'm advocating a free market, and a recreation of the pokemon environments that existed in 1999-2000. Sure, some decks dominated, but this will always happen. Under the creative scoring system, then the rocket trap deck that combo's your opponent out on turn 1-2 is the deck of choice for netting you 80-100 bits by turn 4-5 to your opponents 15. How is that fun? I'd rather play against another haymaker and have the choice of running Erika's Dratini's / or metagaming an anti-haymaker deck to deal with it.
Well in fact i am losing agaisnt many players and i also knock my own pokemon and dont get much reward agaisnt low value decks but i admit some values should be changed: Revenge to 8, for sure. Recycle: 2 instead of 1. Misty's wrath ¿4? Those are my suggestions.

Back