Art Gallery TDL's Art Gallery

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member
Hi, this is my art thread. I'll probably add more here, such as sprite work, but for now I figured I'd show off my complete project first. Understand that I in no way think I'm good at art hehe. ^_^

Pokemon Teams

Some time ago (a year? two?), I was bored and decided to have a little fun in Illustrator. Something I always wanted to try to make was Pokemon inspired sports logos, which I felt Illustrator gave me the freedom to do due to the lack of drawing skills. All of these I created are made using things I taught myself in Illustrator, some brush experimentation in Photoshop, and a little bit of tracing using TCG artwork or various other sources.

In all, I created 18 team logos: 12 major teams, and 6 minor league teams. To add to the realism, I decided to pick the two closest regions in the series, Kanto and Johto, to base the conferences off of. This is like how most major conferences in sports are based off a region, like the west and east in the NBA. The best part of making these was I really had to think for some of the team names. For example, Cerulean Tide is a reference to the college team Crimson Tide. Goldenrod Bullets is a reference to both the train and Scizor commonly using Bullet Punch. Pallet 96ers pays respect to the series' release and sports teams like the 76ers and 49ers.

I hope all of you enjoy this, as it was a great experience for me to create these.

kjSyHFd.png

eEsEJ8B.png

ZYdONHb.png

8BpHHEJ.png

QWcL3AA.png

7mIDl9B.png

cjoPTxr.png
NF5aXlT.png

0Ug2jLx.png

OrAxUQE.png

uA83nGQ.png

TQqpot8.png

TZMg33q.png

I8np8VL.png
e6AXs0b.png

xtiRT0f.png

OSx7YQ0.png

E0rqh60.png

7TCH2ng.png

tzMVHNG.png
Yoo6oQF.png

EuTdVN2.png

There is also a sprite version of two of my favorite logos, but I kind of abandoned this idea. I do like that it gave me the chance to improve some typography errors I saw.

cDKGYZK.png
usoP4Rp.png
vbrKmWZ.png

The Challenge

After I finished the Pokemon logos, I also worked on artwork for The Challenge 5. These were very fun to make, especially after I got some experience from my last project.

o7AO16N.png

WGSzf8n.png

8UMce97.png

Fc5axtn.png

Other Works

lTOYFkh.png
lMG3NAY.png
tBLkPya.png
AElqt1b.png

Last edited:
I remember seeing these banners/logos before for a couple of VG activities? It was definitely nice to take another look at them again as I find the style to be simple, comprehensive, and engaging to the eyes.

Looking forward to future updates!

Ohhey, I remember these! :p I think my favourite is the Indigo Conference League with Mew; it just feels very nice and balanced, and of course I love me some Mew. :D I hope you'll keep sharing more!

I remember seeing these banners/logos before for a couple of VG activities? It was definitely nice to take another look at them again as I find the style to be simple, comprehensive, and engaging to the eyes.

Looking forward to future updates!

Ohhey, I remember these! :p I think my favourite is the Indigo Conference League with Mew; it just feels very nice and balanced, and of course I love me some Mew. :D I hope you'll keep sharing more!

Yeah, they were for a premier league idea where everyone (TCG + VG) worked on teams to win. I kind of nixed the idea though due to complexity and uncertainty. I made some cool looking logos out of the idea, so that's a huge plus. \o

usoP4Rp.png
Yoo6oQF.png

EuTdVN2.png
lTOYFkh.png

clefable used moonblast
vbrKmWZ.png

also, this is for future thread in the fakes forum, but here's a little preview of some art I'm making for my fakemon c:

lMG3NAY.png

Last edited:
Last time I'll show off a fakemon here before making a thread in fakes. Figured I'd show it here to at least keep this thread relevant, though.

tBLkPya.png

eh, I got bored and tried to make something new.

AElqt1b.png

mJutORP.png

I did the Blaziken ages ago, I just never really found a use for it until now.

pokemon teams hoenn edition maybe? : )

edit: ahahah just realized i misspelled trailblazers ahahaha

ZouO0lZ.png

Last edited:
Hooray! I've been really liking your stuff PG24 (even using it as inspiration for a lot of my work). I'd love to see a Hoenn edition, but y'know, time commitments. D:

i got bored and decided to do some edits to my least favorite team logo:

eEsEJ8B.png

i feel there's too many colors in this one, but it's better than the color variety in the last one:

jr2PVEw.png

Back