• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Team Magma Deck (Team Magma Pokemon)

Plasma Dragon

Until the end of time
Pokemon(17):

• 3 Team Magma's Numel (evolve)
    3 Team Magma's Camerupt (support)
    3 Team Magma's Baltoy (evolve)
    3 Team Magma's Claydol (support)
    4 Team Magma's Groudon-EX (attack)
    1 Team Magma's Zangoose (attack)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums(32):

• 4 N (draw)
    4 Professor Sycamore (draw)
    2 Team Magma Admins (search)
    1 Lysandre (switch)
    4 Team Magma Great Ball (search)
    2 Ultra Ball (search)
    1 Computer Search (search)
    1 Bicycle (draw)
    2 VS Seeker (search)
    2 Starling Megaphone (un tool)
    3 Muscle Band (damage)
    2 Switch (retreat)
    3 Team Magma’s Hideout (damage)
Energy(11):

• 4 Double Magma Energy
    4 Fighting Energy
    3 Fire Energy

Cards Not Yet Released:

Team Magma's Numel - Fire - HP70
Basic Pokemon

322-f.gif

[R][C] Ember: 30 damage. Discard 1 Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Team Magma's Camerupt - Fire - HP110
Stage 1 - Evolves from Team Magma's Numel

323-f.gif

Ability: Burndraft
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose 1 [R] or [F] Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to this Pokemon.

[R][C][C] Fireball: 60 damage. Move 1 Basic Energy attached to this Pokemon to 1 of your Benched Pokemon.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Retreat: 3

Team Magma's Baltoy - Psychic - HP50
Basic Pokemon

343.gif

[P][C] Telekinesis: Choose 1 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 20 damage to it. This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness or Resistance.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 1

Team Magma's Claydol - Psychic - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Team Magma's Baltoy

344.gif

Ability: Magma Switch
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move an Energy card attached to 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon with Team Magma in its name.

[P][C][C] Power Beam: 70 damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Retreat: 2

Team Magma's Groudon-EX - Fighting - HP190
Basic Pokemon

383.gif

Ability: Power Saver
If there are less than 4 Pokemon in play with Team Magma in their name, this Pokemon can't attack.

[F][F][F][C] Magma Quake: 80+ damage. If your opponent's Active Pokemon has any damage counters on it, this attack does 80 more damage.

When a Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Retreat: 4

Team Magma's Zangoose - Colorless - HP90
Basic Pokemon

335.gif

[C] Call for Family: Search your deck for up to 2 Basic Pokemon with Team Magma in their name and and put them onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.
[C][C][C] Team Play: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage times the number of Pokemon on your Bench with Team Magma in their name.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Retreat: 1

Team Magma Great Ball - Trainer
Item

Search your deck for a Basic Pokemon that has Team Magma in its name and a [F] Energy card, reveal them, and put them into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

Team Magma Admins - Trainer
Supporter

Search your discard pile for up to 3 Pokemon with Team Magma in their name and put them into your hand.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

Team Magma’s Hideout - Trainer
Stadium

Whenever a Basic Pokemon without Team Magma in its name is placed on either player's Bench, place 2 damage counters on that Pokemon.

This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can’t play this card.

Double Magma Energy - Special Energy

This card can only be attached to a Pokemon that has Team Magma in its name. At the end of your turn, discard Double Magma Energy.

While this card is attached to a Pokemon, it provides 2 [F] Energy.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a Pokemon with Team Magma in its name, discard this card.)

Strategy:

Main Idea:
use Team Magma's Camerupt to retrieve energy from the discard pile and use Team Magma's Claydol to move that energy onto Team Magma's Groudon-EX and use its Magma Quake attack to do with Team Magma’s Hideout: (when someone plays a non-Team Magma Pokemon onto the bench it takes 20 damage) 160+Muscle Band (20 damage) + Team Magma’s Hideout (another 20 damage) = 200 damage!

First Turn:
Try to get down 2-3 Team Magma's Numel, 2 Team Magma's Baltoy, and 1-2 Team Magma's Groudon-EX and attach a fighting energy to Team Magma's Groudon-EX. (Also don't worry about getting energy in the discard pile because in the next few turns you will use Team Magma's Camerupt to get energy out of the discard pile and then use your Team Magma's Claydol to move energy on to Team Magma's Groudon-EX).

Second Turn:
Now try to get 2-3 (however many Team Magma's Numel you set up last turn) of your Team Magma's Numel to evolve into Team Magma's Camerupt and try to discard 2-3 energy somehow. Then use your Team Magma's Camerupt's ability's (called Burndraft) to get energy from the discard pile on to himself. Then use each of your Team Magma's Claydol's ability's (called Magma Switch) to move 2 energy on to your active Team Magma's Groudon-EX and also attach a Double Magma Energy to him as well. Then use Team Magma's Groudon-EX's Magma Quake to do 80 (100 with Muscle Band) + 80 more if they have damage on them for (100+80+what damage they have on them = 190-210) 210 damage!

Third Turn-End of Game:
Now keep using Team Magma's Groudon-EX's Magma Quake attack to deal heavy damage to their Pokemon for 1-2 turn KO's. Also load up another Team Magma's Groudon-EX on your bench. And keep Doing this until you win the game.

And this is my very first thread post ever so let me know what I can do better!

Any help/suggestions would be great a great help! Thank You

Great job! This deck looks pretty cool.
As far as I can tell, it has a great structure & great strategy- however, it seems that the strategy is a bit dependent on drawing a good hand at the beginning. I think you need to make edits so that, no matter what the hand, you can still get the perfect game board goin'.

Oreo9238 said:
Great job! This deck looks pretty cool.
As far as I can tell, it has a great structure & great strategy- however, it seems that the strategy is a bit dependent on drawing a good hand at the beginning. I think you need to make edits so that, no matter what the hand, you can still get the perfect game board goin'.
hmm... well its very hard to get the "Perfect" hand at the start of the game and this deck is Very compact but I will see what I can do, Like maybe I could put in more draw support like bicycle or Colress or something... But thanks for the input!

This looks like fun to play, but I think my own best use of Team Magma Groudon EX will be to take my GroudonEX (DEX)/Forretress deck, swap in Team Magma Groudon, and play silent lab instead of fighting stadium.

Id definitely use 1 battle compactor since it has synergy with burndraft and magma admins.

gromitxt said:
This looks like fun to play, but I think my own best use of Team Magma Groudon EX will be to take my GroudonEX (DEX)/Forretress deck, swap in Team Magma Groudon, and play silent lab instead of fighting stadium.

Yeah that could work. But i think Team Magma Groudon works best with its own kind. But cool!

Pipotchi said:
Id definitely use 1 battle compactor since it has synergy with burndraft and magma admins.

Yeah that would be really helpful but what should I take out? (Its kind of compact) :) thanks!

Back