Tell Us About Your Local Pokémon League!

Prince Dedenne

Elite Shiny Hunter
images

This thread is for discussing anything and everything about your local Pokémon League! Discuss which league you attend, it's location, number of players, events that are held at your league, and why others should join your league! You can also mention whether your league focuses more on the tcg or vgc and whether it's a competitive league, or casual!

To start things off, my previous league was located in Cornelius, North Carolina. (USA) The store was a giant comic/game store, with isles of boards games, comic books, and collectibles. While one entire side was dedicated for gamers with around twenty tables and tcg posters everywhere! While our Pokémon league had vg players, we mainly focused on the tcg! The average attendance each Wednesday afternoon peaked at 30 players, (includes Juniors, Seniors, and Masters). And while that league was extremely competitive, there were sadly never any "just-for-fun" tournaments, that some leagues have on occasion.

But now, I live in Texas, and am looking for a new league. As a matter of fact, I'll be attending a league in San Antonio, Texas today for the first time! And will post all about that soon to be exciting journey later! :p

So there, tell us all about your league!​

I currently go to 2 leagues. The main one is at a library in Port St. John, Florida. Sadly, we only meet twice a month, and on a good day, we can hit as much as 25 people (Most are juniors who want many EX's.) The second league was just started in Titusville, so we only top out at 7-9 people.

We used to have leagues every week, but our local TO's just opened their own card shop, so now people just show up whenever. You can go there any day of the week and find people there. Problem is they now do more than just Pokemon, and now we're the minority. I went once without checking to see if anyone else was going and wound up being the only Pokemon player there. League used to be a lot of fun. And I guess it kind of still is. But I miss the days where Pokemon was the only game played, and everyone who came to league was my friend or at least someone I knew.

There used to be a league at a store near us, but drama happened and out leader got kicked out there, but the former members of that league still go. Our league is actually really good, we have a lot of worlds players, and a lot of just generally good players and people. People only go for tcg. 2 of the people that go to our league got top 4 at philly regs in masters, so yeah.

Our league in Vienna (Austria) has mostly VGC players. We have about 35 or so people if we count everyone (VGC and TCG). But it's still growing.

With 1,7 million people living in this city, there should still be many potential players out there. Our league will do pretty heavy advertising (f.e.x. a tournament in the programme) in the upcoming Game City event next weekend.

When I moved to Vienna a year ago there were only TCG players, like not even 10.

I'm stuck with Camoclone at my league. Yeah, ugh. /s It's in Raleigh/Garner, NC.
Our league is mostly full of scrubs but we have some good players that go. Occasionally random decent players will show up from who knows where and attend like 1-4 times then disappear, which is kinda funny. The league I go to is at a pretty awesome store, called Event Horizon Games. The store is huge imo (to some it might not be so impressive, idk). It has more MtG players, but usually the Pokemon players' schedules and the MtG players' schedules for leagues and tournaments don't conflict, but when they do it's not pretty.

The store sells all kinds of board games, as well as merch and accessories for all TCGs. It also sells cards (packs, boxes, and singles) for Pokemon and MtG. It also sells all kinds of snacks, drinks, candy, frozen treats, and frozen meals. Occasionally there will be free food sitting out as leftovers from who knows what, and it's always delicious!

They also "sponsored" me for Worlds, which was cool. (I got their attention after my nats run)

Heyyy Prince Dedenne I go to a league in San Antonio too. The one I usually go to is at Alien Worlds every Sunday. The one on San Pedro next to Big Lots. I've been to Ooples a couple times in the past, but there aren't a lot of Pokemon players there. I've also seen a League at Heroes&Fantasies and it sounds like a bigger place than Alien Worlds but I have never visited them before.

Anyways, about my main League. It gets filled up pretty often, and being a small store with only about 25 seats or something, sometimes it's hard to move around. I'd say there are maybe 7 competitive people. 4 of them are Masters, there's probably one person I don't know about, and the last two are me and like the only other Senior that attends. As in most Leagues, Alien Worlds has those couple 10 year old kids who cuss a little more than they should. The only thing I don't really like is that there's only an LC in the area like once a month at most.

If you end up coming to this one in the future, I'm the kid with the giant tripod.

Back