Pokemon TFG: Next Quest?

Eradeus

Psychic Card Collector
Hello once again,

So recently i've been finding myself interested in Heroclix. It's a miniature table top game. And I was thinking how it would be awesome to put pokemon toys in place of the heroes it currently has. Finding a suitable dial for each pokemon and gluing it on....

And then I came across this. Trading figure game.

How long has this been in the works? Is it really old and never kicked up?? Or is this so brand new that it's just going to come out? Does it have any chance of mainstreaming into every day hobby shops?

Im not sure if I can post the link for it. But everyone knows troll and toad. And it's under the "miniatures" tab "upcoming releases".

Heres the link, mod can remove if im not allowed.

http://trollandtoad.com/Miniatures/2904-1285p1n10.html

The Trading Figure Game was around a few years ago. They released one set of it but decided not to release the second because the figures took up a lot of space on the shelves and kept getting stolen.

Pretty sure the main reason it was discontinued was because not enough people bought the figurines. They were rather expensive, as far as I can remember. (Totally worth the MSRP prices, though. Those figurines are amazing!)
Probably didn't help that they were extremely hard to find from the very start, either.

...I miss the TFG. Never even had a chance to get into it before it was gone...

The Pokemon Trading Figure Game came out a few years ago and got cancelled. Only one or two sets were released until it got cancelled. Eventually, some figures from unreleased sets got put for sale on the internet. Yea, that's pretty much the entire thing in a nutshell.

Gosh... I remember the TFG. Ha ha. I had like all the figures and I remember back in 5th grade me and one of my friends would always sit there playing the game in the cafeteria. xD Ha ha. Good times ah tell ya....

But yeah.... it probably got cancelled cause sooooo many people would steal them. They probably didn't get enough sales. Cause I remember like all the time at Target there would be just empty boxes of them. I was disappointed when they went out of production but hey, what can ya do...:(

You saw the empty boxes too, huh? With me, if they weren't empty, the back of the packaging behind the hidden figurine was opened to see what was inside.

How come stuff ike Heroclix doesn't have this happen to them? Why are Heroclix buyers so much nicer?

The game WAS cancelled, but I think that it should be brought back. I remember seeing a starter set when I was younger in a new ToysRUs, but then they went bye-bye. Then I started to research it once I really got into Pokemon, but everywhere I looked, it said stuf like "There was a new set that kept being delayed, but it was never delivered to the public." So I am very dissapointed, but with the anticipation of the 3rd Generation remake and what-not with Hoenn, maybe they will bring it back soon! :D

Ophie said:
How come stuff ike Heroclix doesn't have this happen to them? Why are Heroclix buyers so much nicer?

lol That sounded pretty funny. Pokemon TFG were awesome but expensive. I too couldn't find them at all. I remember Toys R Us once had them on sale in one of their flyers but when I went to two of the stores, nobody even had seen one of these products. Marketing was definitely poor. I only saw them in expensive hobby shops.

As for heroclix, I did see Halo themed Actionclix at Toys R Us just once but never again. The only place I can find those types of figures is behind the counter of hobby shops. So although I never saw any hints of theft, I feel like the hobby shops had the correct idea of keeping these types of products behind the counter.

I was really into it when it first came out. I remember begging my mom to by them for me because I didn't have a steady source of money back then. lol They were never marketed to well, which I think was one reason for their downfall, but also because they were so expensive! I was devastated when I heard that they were discontinued. I think maybe now if they were to be brought back, then maybe they would be a lot more popular than before.

I wonder if instead of making the TFG, if they were to make Pokemon themed heroclix maybe it would have fared better? After all, that's already a popular game.

The thing is that Nintendo rarely wants to join up with something else. It prefers to do its own thing, especially if it's a game of any sort--the only example I can think of off the top of my head is Nintendo Monopoly, which just uses Nintendo clip art.

I see Heroclix at a few Targets and Wal•Marts around here, where the boxes are placed on the shelf directly below the TCG packs and decks. They always have a ton of them, and unlike with Pokémon or Yu-Gi-Oh!, I never see any packages torn open or the contents stolen.

Then again, maybe it's just a kid thing, since I don't really see Magic packages damaged or stolen. Heroclix isn't aimed at kids (well, not as their primary audience).

Back