The Hakurei Shrine, Protector of the Boundary - Touhou Discussion Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamercal

Spell card! Love Sign ~ Master Spark!
(I don't have a banner, nor can I do one... so anyone who could help here would be appreciated!)

The name is subject to change, but I think it's fitting for now.

Welcome to the Touhou clan! This is a group I'm setting up specifically to discuss any and all aspects of Touhou. What is Touhou you may ask? Well, I think this site will be better at explaining it than I would be! The games are hugely popular in Japan, and it is creeping into western society bit by bit also. Traditionally the first port of call with Touhou is through a music track. Many of you have probably encountered something originating from the series without even realising it!

Every aspect of Touhou can be up for discussion here - the games, the characters, the music etc. Any success (or failure) stories you have for the games, any videos you want to share, whatever really! Although if there's a discussion going on then do try to contribute to it :p

If you're doing any Youtube videos and want some attention from the group then that's ok too! Just let me know and I'll add your channel/playlists to the OP. Just don't send me/the group any Easy mode plays or you'll be shot by a master spark ;D

Another thing that might be good to have is a collection of really great remixes here. Touhou mixes are generally split into three categories: Metal, Classical and Trance/Techno. Now I don't like Trance so I wouldn't be able to tell if a mix of that type was good, but that's where the public comes in :p. With enough support playlists could be built up for everyone to enjoy the wonderful music of Touhou, which would be a really good endeavour ^_^

Now, I'm going to be somewhat lax about membership here. Providing it's relevant I won't stop anybody from posting here, member or not... but if you wish to post in here regularly then you should become a member. If you wish to be a member all you have to do is PM me saying so. Inactive members probably won't be kicked out, although if you never participate in discussion then I'll consider it. I'm also not going to have member levels unless people really want it - just people who are members and people who are bakas banned from posting here for whatever reason. This is a casual discussion group, so there's no real need to have any tiering or whatever here.

So, go ahead and discuss whatever takes your fancy out of the wonderful world of Touhou!

Rules:

Basically all forum rules apply. Above that however keep all discussion here clean. There will be no tolerance for linking to, or discussing in general, ANY lucrative material regarding any of the characters. I won't hesitate to forum ban anyone who goes against this.

Other than that just try to stay sensible and you'll be fine.

Youkai (Members):

gamercal ("leader")
squirtli
Gliscor

Cirno's (banned from posting):

None. Keep it that way!

Music videos:

None yet. Playlists will be made if enough support for them is drummed up.

Games:

Rather than linking to them myself, I'll simply point you to here, as the list is pretty comprehensive. These games are meant to be commercial, but outside of Japan the creator doesn't seem to care so whatever. Be warned, Touhou is hard...

Playthroughs/Member Game Videos:

gamercal's Touhou LP's. Current: EoSD Hard

So, to get things started, a generic question: What is your favourite music/character combination in the series and why?

I'd have to say that my favorite character/theme combo is Yuyuko/Border of Life.
Epic theme + Fun fight = Overall Awesomeness

Hmm hmm. Yuyuko's theme is definitely awesome. Properly sets the stage for that fight, that's for sure.

I think personally Byakuren's theme really gets to me the most. The stage is dramatic, the fight is awe-inspiring, and the music that accompanies her really takes your breath away as she comes at you with all of her might. Your breath isn't the only thing she'll take away mind you...

Anyhow, my EoSD run is complete ^_^. Not too bad a run on the whole, although I got unlucky versus Sakuya and Remilia. Just got the extra stage to do now, and I'm considering whether or not to attempt to show all of Patchy's unique spell cards given how many there are. Might be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back