PTCGO The Pokémon TCG Online Troubleshoot Guide

Hey guys, im having a problem with this game, first time i logged in i played the tutorial in a tablet, when i was about to start the last tutorial battle, i had to go, so i closed the app... when i tryed to re- login i got stuck in this part, i press NEXT but nothing happens, so i dowload the game in the pc, and it keeps happening, i dont know y is this, i already re-installed the game and repair it... if anyone knows the solution, pls tell me.... thanks

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    784 KB · Views: 9
Is anyone having trouble with the log in screen? It wont let me type in the username or password sections and half of the buttons are unclickable.

I'm going to just reinstall to see if that fixes it, but if multiple people are experiencing this than I guess reinstalling wont do much.

Edit: Fixed! My computer hadn't been shut down properly in awhile and I had this strange rectangle on my screen that was unmovable and I could see through it, but couldn't click on anything under it. It made it look like I couldn't click on half of the links in PTCGO launcher, but as soon as I was unable to click on internet hotlinks I knew the problem was on my end.

Last edited:
Is anyone having trouble with the log in screen? It wont let me type in the username or password sections and half of the buttons are unclickable.

I'm going to just reinstall to see if that fixes it, but if multiple people are experiencing this than I guess reinstalling wont do much.

Edit: Fixed! My computer hadn't been shut down properly in awhile and I had this strange rectangle on my screen that was unmovable and I could see through it, but couldn't click on anything under it. It made it look like I couldn't click on half of the links in PTCGO launcher, but as soon as I was unable to click on internet hotlinks I knew the problem was on my end.
I'm having same problem. My username and passwords won't type in. It's been like this since January for me. I restarted my computer twice before realizing that the application just...wasn't for my computer. The weird thing is when I had installed it back in 2014 it worked fine up until January 2016. Annoyed...

Hey
When ever I launch TCGO it looks fine until the tutorial pops up (New to the TCG) then it will say "(not responding) and after that I am fucked

I've just moved this thread from the TCG News & Discussion to the TCG Help & Advice so those who are having problems with TCGO will be able to find this thread easier. ~bbninjas

Really silly question... Attempting to download and install the program to play, however, the pokemon installer is not actually loading into the installation process, any suggestions, has this happened to other members?

Really silly question... Attempting to download and install the program to play, however, the pokemon installer is not actually loading into the installation process, any suggestions, has this happened to other members?
Try redownloading it from the pokemon website, what are your computer specs?

I have tried to download a "working file" four times now, and no dice. Used CCleaner to clean registry, and appsdata, I can't get the program to initialize the install process. Used right click to choose install... tried uninstall... tried choosing "other programs to load it through, choosing the Windows Install Wizard."

Using Windows Vista 64bit cuz I am poor, and the laptop is a dinosaur really. Nearly eight years of life out of it... 4gb of ram, Intel Core DUO P8400, NVidea GeForce 9800 gts. Not sure if all that info helps, but its the best I have on specs, lol.

EDIT: Misspelled Can't, and flipped the cpu numbers... can't type well, lol

I have tried to download a "working file" four times now, and no dice. Used CCleaner to clean registry, and appsdata, I can't get the program to initialize the install process. Used right click to choose install... tried uninstall... tried choosing "other programs to load it through, choosing the Windows Install Wizard."

Using Windows Vista 64bit cuz I am poor, and the laptop is a dinosaur really. Nearly eight years of life out of it... 4gb of ram, Intel Core DUO P8400, NVidea GeForce 9800 gts. Not sure if all that info helps, but its the best I have on specs, lol.

EDIT: Misspelled Can't, and flipped the cpu numbers... can't type well, lol
Yeah, definitely your computer, the game would run well at all on your computer anyways

Hello, I'm having a crashing issue.

I'm using Windows 10 with the Windows version of TCGO. I am able to login, but once the tutorial opens the playing field screen, the game freezes and a crash dialog opens immediately.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Hey guys,
I've had a major problem with TGCO. I've installed it all correctly a couple of times now, and exhausted the repair option several times in the apps setting. Each and every time I load up the game, it will connect to the server perfectly and both loading bars work perfectly. It gets to the part where the smug faced guy pops in, and the game immediately stops working the second he says "I'm". This is immensely frustrating, I haven't even gotten through the introductions yet, and already it's crashed.
This laptop's about a year old running Windows 10 with 4GB of RAM and 2TB of memory, so this shouldn't really be happening. I've been on every help forum I could find and checked everything, reinstalled it and uninstalled it more times than I can count, and still nothing's working at all.
Hello, I'm having a crashing issue.

I'm using Windows 10 with the Windows version of TCGO. I am able to login, but once the tutorial opens the playing field screen, the game freezes and a crash dialog opens immediately.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Had exactly the same issue, just wondering, did your avatar look odd or have any different looks to it when it went to the VS Screen? Mine had a hat and sunglasses I didn't put on it when it did that. Bit random, but maybe it has something to do with it?

Attachments

• upload_2016-4-3_13-17-49.png
    upload_2016-4-3_13-17-49.png
    769.7 KB · Views: 3
Hey guys,
I've had a major problem with TGCO. I've installed it all correctly a couple of times now, and exhausted the repair option several times in the apps setting. Each and every time I load up the game, it will connect to the server perfectly and both loading bars work perfectly. It gets to the part where the smug faced guy pops in, and the game immediately stops working the second he says "I'm". This is immensely frustrating, I haven't even gotten through the introductions yet, and already it's crashed.
This laptop's about a year old running Windows 10 with 4GB of RAM and 2TB of memory, so this shouldn't really be happening. I've been on every help forum I could find and checked everything, reinstalled it and uninstalled it more times than I can count, and still nothing's working at all.

Had exactly the same issue, just wondering, did your avatar look odd or have any different looks to it when it went to the VS Screen? Mine had a hat and sunglasses I didn't put on it when it did that. Bit random, but maybe it has something to do with it?

That hasn't been a problem for me, but I was instructed to send a support ticket asking to have the tutorial manually skipped for me, which has been known to solve the problem. I would recommend doing the same.

Had exactly the same issue, just wondering, did your avatar look odd or have any different looks to it when it went to the VS Screen? Mine had a hat and sunglasses I didn't put on it when it did that.

I've had that issue too ever since the new update the other day. I'm on Mac OSX El Capitan though.

When I'm in a match on the online TCG, there's this annoying feature; if I take a while to make a decision on my turn, a card that I can play in my hand will jump up and down and make a little noise. This may seem insignificant, but when I'm deep in thought about what to do, this can be incredibly annoying. Is there any way of disabling this feature? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Whenever the game tries to load up the data from the server, it will get to about 90% and then close. Is there any way to fix that?

ETA: I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and the game still spontaneously closes.

Last edited:
does anyone know if there is a limit how many cards a collection can be? I have 775 online cards but the redeem button is no longer available. It's there but doesn't work. Thanks!

does anyone know if there is a limit how many cards a collection can be? I have 775 online cards but the redeem button is no longer available. It's there but doesn't work. Thanks!

If you're talking about single redemption batches, I believe the answer is yes: From my experience, you can only submit 6 or 7 code cards at a time, but if you want the absolute capacity of the number of batches you can redeem before you cannot redeem any more stuff, there is no limit.

Also, are you trying to redeem on iPad?

^ Why?

Because as of the last client update, you cannot redeem code cards on iPad, as Apple demanded TPCi/whoever is responsible for PTCGO to take out the redeem option for their edition of the game over money: If Apple doesn't get a share of profits from any feature offered from an app offered on their iPad App Store, which is not possible due to the fact that the codes do not give them a cent, Apple's iPad App store policy says that feature must be disallowed. Oddly, it's still available on Mac, just not iPad... Forgive me if I'm stretching truth, but until TPCi/whoever is responsible for PTCGO works out an alternative, web-based method to redeem code cards(which, according to PTCGO forum site announcements, they will start prepping for the web-based site come Monday, when the redeem option will be disabled on all platforms, with the redeem code option restored on Wednesday on all platforms sans iPad, but that is just the first part of the web-based redemption section launch process), sadly, for the best quality PTCGO experience that still retains the ability to redeem code cards, you'll have to install the PC client OR the Mac client if you want to redeem them, and sadly, for that, unless I'm wrong, you will need a desktop/laptop computer... Can't afford one? Sorry, but I believe you have no options but the new Android beta client, in case you want a cheap mobile redemption method that doesn't require a desktop/laptop computer... Don't worry: the cards will still appear on your iPad client after you re-log into your PTCGO account after redemption, regardless of what client you use to redeem the code cards, as card collections are account-linked, not account-and-platform-linked...

^ More evidence that almost everything in life runs on the green Washingtons(aka dollars): If one doesn't have enough, that one will feel inconvenienced if he/she is forced to use a different engine of tech when the engine that person currently uses decides to give him/her the shaft by denying features such as code card redemptions to everyone who uses said engine. That saying applies to your case if you are using iPad to play PTCGO... How unfortunate can such a decision possibly be??? :(

Last edited:
I can confirm that the redeem button is gone across all platforms (not that I needed to I suppose q_q).

It's not there on my Windows 10 laptop. I find this all extremely silly. Thank you very much @cardgjammer for your thorough and informative post. It really helped put me at ease! I can now study for my exam in a little more peace haha!

Frankly though, how much do you wanna bet whatever web-based redemption system they implement (given the sudden orders) is going to be super buggy? I'm going to hold off redeeming my codes until I'm sure whatever new system they work out works well.

no_redeem_code.png

Back