BW/BW2 The Simple 5th Gen VG Questions and Answers Thread

RE: The B/W Questions and Answers Thread

squirtli said:
When two Pokemon breed, if one parent is holding the Everstone, there is a 50% chance that the Pokemon you hatch will have the same nature as the parent that was holding the Everstone. It only works if the two Pokemon are from the same country, though.

It works in 5th Gen. I was breeding a Deino(EN) with a Ditto(JP) and the stone was working.

I had been using a level 1 Turtwig for the dream world recently and the other day I decided to befriend all pokemon I meet because I had time and I also sent over more items than usual and when I was waking up Turtwig it said it gained a level and is now a level 2, what happened?

Trainerhan1 said:
I had been using a level 1 Turtwig for the dream world recently and the other day I decided to befriend all pokemon I meet because I had time and I also sent over more items than usual and when I was waking up Turtwig it said it gained a level and is now a level 2, what happened?

Your Pokémon gains a level if you get 500 points in one dream.

Castformfan said:
Is there a way to check if a pokemon is truly from a different language other then OT and Pokemon name?
Another way is to go to Unity Tower (accessible via Castelia City's port, which you can then Fly to later). If you traded with someone with a foreign game, that person will show up in Unity Tower, appearing on the floor of their home country (as identified by Geonet). The floors in Unity Tower are in alphabetical order by country and there's just over 130 in all.

does anyone know what city the old guy is in where he'll be in the pokemon centerand if you give him an item that "shakes his core" he'll give you money for it?

Also is the poke virus a good thing?

That guy is in Icirrus City's Pokemon Center.

And PokeRus is a good thing; it doubles all EVs the infected Pokemon gains. PokeRus lasts for 3 days (outside the box) and then wears off. The effect still stays though; you just lack the ability to spread it after 3 days.

alright thank you

is there another guy like the one in icirrus city cause i recently got an item called shoar salts and in the discription it says a maniac will buy it for a high price, but he didnt buy it.

gruntboy116 said:
is there another guy like the one in icirrus city cause i recently got an item called shoar salts and in the discription it says a maniac will buy it for a high price, but he didnt buy it.

It's been days and no one answers this question? For shame >:[

There are 4 item collectors in Unova.

Route 5 (hungry maid) - She's inside the trailer. She'll buy food related items from you. Berries, Leftovers, Soda Pop, Shoal Salts, etc.

Icirrus City (ore collector) - Inside the Pokemon Center. He'll buy evolution stones, Nuggets, Gems, Shoal Shells, etc.

Undella Town (relic collector) - He's the Black Belt inside the Riches' mansion. Walk in and take a left. He'll buy the relic items you find in the Abyssal Ruins and flutes.

Route 18 (bone man) - He's in a house on this route. He'll buy Rare Bones from you.

Oh, so that's who you give Rare Bones to. I didn't realize there was a fourth item maniac in the game.

What determines the target of Acupressure? I know in single battles, Acupressure always targets the user, and in double battles, I've only seen it targeted at its user's partner, but do you get to choose targets? Who does Acupressure target in a triple battle or a rotation battle?

Rotation battles seem to consistently have the least amount of information, at least on the English-language side of things. I see a lot of Japanese players who have practically mastered it though.

Ophie said:
Oh, so that's who you give Rare Bones to. I didn't realize there was a fourth item maniac in the game.

What determines the target of Acupressure? I know in single battles, Acupressure always targets the user, and in double battles, I've only seen it targeted at its user's partner, but do you get to choose targets? Who does Acupressure target in a triple battle or a rotation battle?

Rotation battles seem to consistently have the least amount of information, at least on the English-language side of things. I see a lot of Japanese players who have practically mastered it though.
I think the reason Rotation isn't as popular as regular old singles is that it's new and makes everything "overpowered"(I think thats the word that would be good to describe this.). It's practically the same thing but it is easier to Wall, Set up without worry, and other things. Its basically singles with switch and attack at the same time 50% of the time.

As far as Accupressure goes, I don't know about it. I'd try bulbapedia.

Acupressure targets either the user or an adjacent ally. I'm assuming that, in a double/triple battle, you can choose any 1 Pokemon you control to be the target of Acupressure.

Haven't actually gone into a Double Battle myself to check this, but I could test sometime in the near future.

I got to Route One and got a Egg from someone. How many steps does it take to hatch the Egg?

Lucky Fire said:
I got to Route One and got a Egg from someone. How many steps does it take to hatch the Egg?

I believe you're referring to the Larvesta Egg you get on Route 18? If so, it would take 41 Cycles, or about 10,455 steps.

squirtli said:
I believe you're referring to the Larvesta Egg you get on Route 18? If so, it would take 41 Cycles, or about 10,455 steps.

No, no. I went to the route with the secret Team Plasma headquarters. I've never touched Route 18. (still trying to beat the Elite Four)

Lucky Fire said:
No, no. I went to the route with the secret Team Plasma headquarters. I've never touched Route 18. (still trying to beat the Elite Four)

The only secret Team Plasma HQ I can think of is in Castelia City, over by the gym.

Lucky Fire said:

That's the only egg you receive in BW. Did you get it from the Day Care?

You do know that Route 18 branches off from Route 1 right? The only egg you can get in the game is from the Ranger on Route 18.

In regards to the Team Plasma headquarters, are you referring to P2 Laboratory? It's not a secret headquarters.

Lucky Fire said:
The P2 Laboratory is technically on Route 17, which is next to Route 18 (and is also connected to Route 1).
If it says you received the egg from a "Treasure-hunter", then yeah, that was on Route 18, and it's the Larvesta egg.

Back