The Soccer Fan Club-All Members View,Co-Leader is now lilsparks101!

Do you like Garhomp as a mascot?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Want it to change?

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiko

Proud Leader of The Soccer Fan Club
Hello Guys,this is my soccer fan club. here we discuss stuff about soccer,and occasionally if the club has a lot of members,we`ll do a quiz!
another Message is we support all Dragon Types,do all the dragon types and only dragon types will be seen on banners,userbars, and avatars we get.
Rules:
*Do Not Break Any Of These Rules :p
*Respect All Members
*most of the time ONLY soccer discussion.
*Have Fun!
here is our mascot:

PidgeotFinalXous1.png

Hope Everyone likes the new mascot!
TwilightShayminLvr is no longer co leader because he is being very inactive.
To Become the new mascot... the first member to PM me this form filled out is the new co-leader.

Why you wanna be the co-leader:
Will you be active(Must check once a day)?:
Will you be responsible and not spam?
How will you help the team as co-leader?:

Ranks:

Coaches(2)
these are the leaders of the club. they can do anything.
-Saiko
-lilsparks101

Soccer Experts(5)
these are the members that know most about soccer and have won most quizzes.

Members (Unlimited)
-monpyro97
-aggiegwyn
-lilsparks101
-batui4
-nabby101
-fortegoddx

Joining The Group

Member Application
Why you wanna join:
Will you stay active?:
do you know how to play soccer(if not i`ll teach you):
will you respect the clan?:

Clan Art(credit to Espy for userbars)
ub221717723613-iaza.gif

ub215930162797-iaza.gif

ub201360785525-iaza.gif

Banners:
request2.png

request.png

i would like to see members using this art so its not just sitting around.

Current Conversations:
-Ending Of World Cup

thanks,

Saiko

to all new members: Please vote on the poll.

To ALL Members who wanna join: Please Post Your Application in the thread. i dont have much PM room. thanks,
Saiko

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-First member is co-leader if they know alot about soccer!

*Approved*

PM the Group Leader (Saiko) to apply.

dmaster out.

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-First member is co-leader if they know alot about soccer!

Yayyyyy Thanks!!!

ok,Twilight ShayminLvr,
do these as the co leader.

*Teach members how to play soccer if they dont know.(by telling them by PM)
*Enforce Clan Rules at all times
*stay as active as possible.
*you may do everything but ban members. if a member breaks a rule,tell me,i will handle it.
*always be friendly to new members.
*Have Fun!

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-First member is co-leader if they know how to play soccer!

Ok, I'll do those =)

So about the poll... Garchomp is a fine mascot, but I do believe there are better ones out there. I was browsing DeviantART and found some very good Pokemon/soccer art pieces. Some Pokemon that really seemed to fit were Lucario, Charmander, and sometimes just random Pokemon... Remember though, this is coming from a person who really doesn't play Pokemon anymore :p

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-First member is co-leader if they know how to play soccer!

Twilight ShayminLvr said:
Ok, I'll do those =)

So about the poll... Garchomp is a fine mascot, but I do believe there are better ones out there. I was browsing DeviantART and found some very good Pokemon/soccer art pieces. Some Pokemon that really seemed to fit were Lucario, Charmander, and sometimes just random Pokemon... Remember though, this is coming from a person who really doesn't play Pokemon anymore :p

actually.Lucario is interesting...

Saiko said:
actually.Lucario is interesting...
I'm glad you like my idea =)

So besides talking about the poll, what other discussions do we have? Maybe about the ending of the World Cup?

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-Your Top Source For Soccer Knowledge here at PokeBeach!

the ending of the world cup was very epic. heres something interesting you might wanna know..
Penalty kicks an imperfect end...

With two stylish teams meeting in the World Cup final Sunday at Soccer City Stadium, the outcome will likely come down to Spain's mesmerizing possession game against the Netherlands' sudden-strike capability. The match could also turn on a goal by one of the tournament's scoring co-leaders, David Villa and Wesley Sneijder.

But there's the possibility of a darker resolution, one that has stirred debate since its introduction nearly 30 years ago: penalty kicks.

You would be hard-pressed to find anyone associated with the sport who enjoys seeing a match of enormous consequence decided on a series of five (or more) 12-yard attempts by each team, shooter vs. goalkeeper, with teammates gathered at midfield, immobilized by unbearable tension.

It's unrivaled drama produced by an undesirable process.

Although both Spain and the Netherlands emphasize attractive soccer, "the result is far more important," Dutch midfielder Arjen Robben said. "We have heard enough of talk about how our football is very nice. But it gets you nowhere. We want to achieve something."

Robben didn't specify penalty kicks, but if that's what it takes for the Netherlands to win its first championship after decades of disappointment, so be it. Spain, another team that has failed to meet expectations on soccer's grandest stage, is also seeking its first crown.

Two of the last four World Cup titles have gone to penalty kicks after 90 minutes of regulation and 30 minutes of scoreless extra time. In 1994, thanks in part to Roberto Baggio's infamous miss at the Rose Bowl, Brazil defeated Italy. Four years ago in Berlin, Italy outlasted France.

In first-round play, when ties figure into the group standings, a winner is not required. But in the elimination stages, penalty kicks are the imperfect solution to determine who advances.

Since the tiebreaker was implemented at the 1982 World Cup in Spain, 22 of 114 late-round games (19 percent) have required penalty kicks. The most were in 1990 and 2006 (four apiece). This year — with today's third-place match between Germany and Uruguay, and Sunday's finale remaining — there have been just two: Paraguay-Japan in the round of 16 and Uruguay-Ghana in the quarterfinals.

Soccer has always struggled with breaking ties. In the early days of the World Cup, draws were resolved by replaying the game a day or two later. Major competitions around the world, and even the American college ranks, have tried a variety of remedies: drawing lots, coin tosses, tallying corner kicks and unlimited overtime, among others.

The defunct North American Soccer League introduced the shootout, a method similar to the NHL's current tiebreaking method, in which an attacking player would begin dribbling 35 yards from the net and have five seconds to shoot against the goalie.

From 1996 to 2000, Major League Soccer used the shootout for regular-season matches, as well as the playoffs, before allowing ties in league play and implementing postseason penalty kicks.

This week, on the eve of his team's semifinal win over Germany, Spain coach Vicente Del Bosque said he hadn't given much thought to the possibility of penalty kicks.

"It's less under the direction of the coach," he said. "The players will decide themselves."

Germany coach Joachim Loew echoed Del Bosque's sentiments, saying, "There is actually no sense in practicing for penalty kicks because when it comes down to it, there's no way you can simulate what happens — the walk from the center circle, the atmosphere."

Germany has fared better than anyone in World Cup tiebreakers, winning all four. Between attempts by Argentina in his team's 2006 quarterfinal, German goalkeeper Jens Lehmann consulted a tip sheet that he had stuffed in his sock. The recommendations had been scribbled on stationery by assistant coach Andreas Kopke. Later, the wrinkled document raised $1.3 million in a charity auction.

On the gloomier end, England has suffered penalty kick heartbreak in three of its past four World Cup appearances, and Italy has fallen in three of its four tiebreakers overall.

Between 1992 and 2000, the Netherlands lost on penalties four times: three in the European Championship, as well as in the 1998 World Cup semifinals against Brazil. Spain's all-time record is 3-3, including 1-2 in the World Cup.

Debate about penalty kicks endures, but without a better option, the soccer world has come to accept them. A comment by a Brazilian official following his team's 1986 elimination to France on penalties perhaps best captured the sentiment of all losing sides: "We didn't lose. We were disqualified by a very rigid and unjust regulation."

Wow, that post really sums it up...I'm not really sure I can add much ^^'

But I must say I really did enjoy the World Cup this year. Germany was doing amazing this World Cup until their match with Spain where they just couldn't pull through. I happy Spain won though. They deserve the win =)

I'm holding off on continuing until we get more members.

Twilight ShayminLvr said:
Wow, that post really sums it up...I'm not really sure I can add much ^^'

But I must say I really did enjoy the World Cup this year. Germany was doing amazing this World Cup until their match with Spain where they just couldn't pull through. I happy Spain won though. They deserve the win =)

I'm holding off on continuing until we get more members.

great idea...i got that off the top of my head... i watched it on TV closely. i just LOVE soccer like that much!

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-Need Members:BAD!!! Please, Join.

New Member!!!!! its...

monpyro97

another one....
aggiegwyn!!!

and yet another!!

lilsparks101

I don't enjoy watching soccer as much as playing it, but, yes. I did catch a few games and they were amazing!

aggiegwyn said:
I don't enjoy watching soccer as much as playing it, but, yes. I did catch a few games and they were amazing!

agreed. are you glad Spain won?

Saiko said:
agreed. are you glad Spain won?
I don't know...
I was pretty nuetral about the whole thing. I really just liked watching them play, no matter who won or lost. :D

aggiegwyn said:
I don't know...
I was pretty nuetral about the whole thing. I really just liked watching them play, no matter who won or lost. :D
i kinda like what TwilightShayLvr thinks...im glad spain won.

Saiko said:
i kinda like what TwilightShayLvr thanks...im glad spain won.

They did play quite well, and they really did deserve the win.

Maybe you'd get more members if you didn't call it soccer.

yes,they really deserved it. that played HARD.

~Magma King~ said:
Maybe you'd get more members if you didn't call it soccer.

thanks for the advise >.>

lilsparks101 said:
Member Application
Why you wanna join: I love soccer, and the upcoming season for EPL and La Liga is coming up so it's nice to have someone to discuss it with.
Will you stay active?: Yes
do you know how to play soccer(if not i`ll teach you): I play for a couple sponsored teams, and for my high school team.
will you respect the clan?: Yes

Also can I suggest a slight makeover in order to make the page more appealing to members and onlookers?

welcome to the clan. and also,can you do art?

Come On,soccer is a fun sport! someone join!

RE: The Soccer Fan Club-The Club for the Professional Soccer Players!*Needs Members!

Well the topic is the World Cup, so let's talk about the world cup.

The disappointments: England, Italy, France, Ivory Coast, Portugal. Personally I think these were the major ones.

England I feel were way to focused on expectations that really didn't exist. They didn't have a great squad that really made everyone say that they should have won (a prime example of who had the expectation was Spain). Their wingers didn't perform great either, ironically they didn't bring the two wingers who I felt were their best Theo Walcott and Ashley Young.

Italy was an all around disappointing squad. What they lacked was their fluent offense which again was ironically hampered by not bring googlei to their squad. Definitely lost some matches they had no business losing. It's time for change in the squad.

France I honestly have no clue as to what happened. Bad chemistry I suppose and the lack of the legendary Thierry Henry.

Ivory Coast in my opinion were just as good as a team as Ghana was but unfortunately they got a horrible group. I was really looking forward to seeing more Drogba.

Finally Portugal, a team who I don't know how the managed 3rd place in the Fifa rankings. They couldn't even manage 30% possession against neither Brazil nor Spain. They need an offense that is comprised of more than just C.Ronaldo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back