• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard There's a Maus in the Haus! (Maushold EX first draft, its not great but i think the spike damage from the ability is cool.)

John InCENAroar

Praising the Vish, Praying for Sableye V
Maushold is objectively the funniest new mon from S/V, with a very interesting and flavorful ability that is the main inspiration from this deck. Easily top of tier 3 I think lol. Anyway, here's the list:

Pokemon (22):
4 Tandemaus (PAR)
4 Maushold EX
2 Maushold (SVI 161)
2 Lugia V
2 Lugia VSTAR
3 Archeops (STE)
2 Lumineon V
1 Drapion V

Trainers (24):
3 Iono
1 Professor Burnet
3 Professors Research
3 Boss' Orders
4 Ultra Ball
3 Capturing Aroma
2 Nest Ball
3 Mesagoza
2 Super Rod

Energy (14):
4 Double Turbo Energy
3 Gift Energy
3 Jet Energy
2 V Guard Energy
2 Therapeutic Energy

The theory of the deck is to deal as much damage with Maushold ex's ability as possible, in order to set up the ability to KO with the attack. I figured running a thin Lugia VSTAR engine was the best way to do this, and to provide a very successful backbone to this absolute gimmick of a deck. A lot of the trainers and energy I pulled from the worlds-winning lugia list because it's been a while since I've actually played, and it seems like a colorless lugia deck is just bound to be at least ok. I'm not running a ton of extra support for draw since Maushold draws when it attacks, but I'm sure this could be improved upon. I'm also choosing to run non-rule-box maushold with the 70x family attack to do some funny stuff against safeguard pokemon and such. Also, there's an alternate mode of getting an extra maushold in play and pumping both the ex ability and the baby mausholds attack, which is fun.

Let me know what you think!

Back