Thought it was over

Eradeus

Psychic Card Collector
Hey guys,

After looking for many places to play pokemontcg and flopping to find tons of places to play Magic, I finally found a place that sort of played pctg (25 min drive...I remember when I was 13 I could walk 5 mins in any direction and be able to buy/trade/play ptcg) .

They were having their pre-release this past weekend and I decided I would sign up. I hadn't ever been around other ptcg fans and I was afraid I would show up to see a bunch of 6 year olds.

Completely the opposite. While there were younger players, the majority of them were around my age. I signed up and was immersed in the meta game.

My Gothiclus(Made here at pokebeach) went 0-2 against a Reshiram and a Magnezone. But I finally got play out of it and it did alot better then I thought it would, after some adjustments. I almost got the win on the Magnezone. Misplay though, because I hadn't played it much. There were a few more battles I saw while waiting to be seated and during the pre-release tournaments I went 3-1!!!

Every win was a rush but the first win was the best. I hadn't won any battle against anyone besides family. And I "top decked" an Arcanine for the win. Just as I was about to lose. It was tons of fun.

My only loss came from a darMAXitan (which got accelerated by Shaymin EX) against my Zekrom EX and it boiled down to one flip which he pulled off. Or I would have gone 4-0.

Pros:

Zekrom EX Full Art!!!
Gardevoir
Prism Energy RH and normal
DCE

Cons:

None, I had a blast.

I was getting ready to re-quit and put the game behind me. Finding no places to play and thinking it was a dying game. I noticed target is no longer restocking any pokemon supplies. So I would have to go to specialty card shops for my merchandise. And even then it was overrun by Yugioh and Magic. I even drove to the card shop I used to go to when I was a kid. No singles, and he only sold tins. Said he didn't sell many of those either and said he hadnt sold much pokemon in a long time. I felt bad, and was getting ready to switch to Magic...for the player base.

Pre-release really put things into perspective. I fully understood the lingo and felt comfortable talking to every person there. I made a few friends and was invited to league tournaments and was given information on where they played. They play like 3 times a week. So, i'll be getting into it more.

With my Zekrom EX pull, Im definitely going to build a deck around him. I love the card. He is now my favorite pokemon. If someone can help me build a deck around him, I would greatly appreciate it. I would like something by this saturday at 3. Shoot me a pm! And thanks for reading this far!

You might discuss combos here. Glad you had a good time. I ended up getting a Regigigas EX FA in my packs I got for judging my PR.

Back