• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Trevenant / Seismitoad EX

asdjklghty

-------------
Pokemon:

• x3 Phantump
    x3 Trevenant
    x2 Seismitoad EX
    x2 Voltorb
    x2 Electrode (PLF)
    x1 Swirlix
    x1 Slurpuff (PHF)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• Items:
    x4 Crushing Hammers
    x2 Enhanced Hammers
    x1 Evosoda
    x2 Hypnotoxic Lazer
    x2 Super Scoop Up
    x1 Switch
    x4 Muscle Band
    x1 Head Ringer
    x2 Jamming Net
    x2 Ultra Ball
    x1 Float Stone

Supporters:
    x4 N
    x2 Professor Sycamore
    x1 Shauna
    x1 Team Flare Grunt
    x2 Teammates
    x2 Lysandre
    x1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    Stadiums:
    x1 Dimension Valley
    x1 Rough Seas
Energy:

• x5 Psychic Energy
    x4 Double Colorless

Strategy:
So the strategy is to item lock with Trevenant and Seismitoad EX. Supporting Pokemon are Electrode and Slurpuff for drawing cards.
I only included 2 Electrode and 1 Slurpuff because many people on a budget won't have Slurpuff as they are more expensive and always get out of stock than Electrode so I guess they are descent replacements. And only 2 Seismitoad EX as they are pretty expensive and get out of stock quickly.

For the items, there are lots of energy removals and a bunch of muscle bands as all the attacks are weak. I only included 2 hypnotoxic lazer as I couldn't find space for more but you can replace some Muscle Bands stuff to have more if you want. I couldn't find any good ACE Spec to go for this. Computer Search is too expensive for those on a budget and it is harder to find now. Teammates is the best replacement for that.

There's no Virbank City Gym because people on a budget probably wouldn't want to spent around $7 US or $7-10 CAN on just one stadium but is possible to include it in this. You'll lose the ability to heal Seismitoad EX and keep the Quaking Punch going for longer.

-1 Voltorb (Only run one of this line... you rarely need more than one)
-1 Electrode (^)
-1 Evosoda (It is better for a more versatile search card)
-1 Shauna (Bad draw card)
-1 Teammates (You don't need two, otherwise you lose consistency)
-1 Head Ringer (If you have the money for this, then you have the money for other cards that could be more beneficial. Plus, a 1-off is not very helpful.)
-2 Jamming Net (Really only useful if you are use Manectric)
-1 Float Stone (Switch is better)
-2 Laser (There is like no point on running this without the Stadium - 10 damage is measly!)
-1 Rough Seas/Dimension Valley (Only run 1, otherwise you are going to be inconsistent. If you are planning on attacking with Trev a lot, then you are going to want the Valley).
-1 DCE (Come on, only two of your cards in the deck can actually use this efficiently... so no point having 4!)

+2 Sycamore (Staple 4)
+2 Ultra Ball (Staple 3/4)
+3 VS Seeker (Staple)
+1 Swirlix (See v)
+1 Slurpluff (If you can afford things like the Flare gears, I don't see why this isn't a problem. I guess you can swap this line for 2 more Toad-EX - or even Mew-EX - which would also function nicer.)
+1 Switch (Two works nicely here)
+2 Dimension Valley (Consistency)
+1 Psychic Energy/Super Scoop Up (Consistency)

I can also see this as a really good Bats (Golbat + Crobot PHF) deck, to really rack up that damage without a Laserbank. If you choose to do this, I would suggest these changes additionally:

-1 Team Flare Grunt (You have enough disruption)
-1 Muscle Band (You have enough of these)
-1 Crushing Hammer (If you run bats, you won't need as many of these)
-1 Enhanced Hammer (^)
-1 Lysandre (You've got enough of these)
-1 Swirlix(v below)
-1 Slurpuff (You won't really need the draw [or have space] if you go with Bats, especially if you have Electrode)

And these additions:

+2 Sycamore (Staple 4)
+1 Ultra Ball (Staple 3/4)
+3 VS Seeker (Staple)
+1 Super Scoop Up (Consistency)
+1 Dimension Valley (Consistency)
+4 Zubat PHF/PLS
+4 Golbat PHF
+4 Crobat PHF

Back