• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Turbo Raichu-GX (SHL) post rotation

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Raichu-GXs first attack, Powerful Spark, is essentially Darkrai's Dark Pulse, only with Lightning Energy. Sure, Raichu is a stage 1, but it has a bit more HP and arguably a bunch more of excellent tools.

Pokémon: 19
4x Raichu-GX
4x Pikachu
3x Raikou (SHL)
2x Dragonair
3x Dratini
2x Salamence-EX
1x Tapu Lele-GX

Trainers: 28
4x Professor Sycamore
4x N
3x Guzma
4x Energy Loto
2x Exp. Share
3x Muscular Dumbbells
2x Field Blower
3x Ultra Ball
3x Float Stone

Energy: 13
9x Lightning Energy
4x Double Dragon Energy

You will need more Tapu Lele-GX to play a turbo energy deck, because without Shaymin-EX it will be harder to draw cards that you need. Also, I would replace a Salamence-EX with another Dragon type, because it doesn't hit big against GX Pokemon, which is the format we are heading into. They will likely release a GX similar to Shaymin, so that will definitely be useful in this deck.

If there's a cutoff at BKT, Magnezone is much better than Dragonair, seeing as they displayed the card with Electrode though, I'm thinking that set may be rotated since it's the more obvious and better combo. Also if BKT is still in, so is Brigette which is a great card in this kind of deck that depends on having a couple of different basics out ASAP.

Double dragon is 100% rotating for at least a few months, isn't reprinted in BUS/SHL, and even if it was Salamence is of questionable usefulness these days. There aren't any good dragon types after rotation except maybe baby Drampa so you should probably dump them and switch to a pure lightning turbo. If you do that, also dump the energy lotos, include some professor's letters instead.

Raikou SHL is not a very good card imo. It's one attachment for one attachment. Unless you can get it to survive multiple turns you just aren't getting ahead with that card, and it doesn't have the HP or ability like BKT Raikou to not get KO'd in one hit after the first two turns or so. Dump them and use the space for an extra Lele or two.

Clemont is a must have one of for any lightning turbo list using Magnezone or Dragonair as its accelerator, since it's basically Kiawe that turn except your turn doesn't end. Fisherman is also very good with Magnezone for recovering from something being KO'd. There are a lot of one of tech cards that really benefit this deck which makes me believe that 3 Lele will be optimal.

I think you'll get more mileage out of choice bands than muscle dumbbells since tool removal is a thing these days, you can't depend on them actually staying around when you need them while choice band really helps you round off those early KOs before your field is unstoppable. Most Darkrai Turbo decks made the switch from FFB to choice band for this reason.

Drop to 3 Raichu-GX and include one Raichu-BUS, the insta paralysis is really nice to have in a deck like this since it can buy a turn for you to 2HKO something in the early game, and you're already running 4 Pikachu so it's an easy one card tech.

Also include 1 Tapu Koko-GX, the card is really good in any deck that runs lightning energy for the GX attack and ability to bring something injured to the bench.

Raichu is one of my favorite pokemon, and I've liked the turbo darkrai mechanic since I started playing! I'm waiting until rotation is announced before I start building this deck, but I will for sure be putting one together. I need a playset of the FA Raichu GX!

Raikou SHL is not a very good card imo. It's one attachment for one attachment.

I mean it's basically yveltal... And that card still gets played in Darkrai. With exp. Share you don't lose anything from that one attachment either, and since it's a single attach you can start accelerating and applying pressure t1 or t2.

I think Tapu Koko GX really should be in this deck, and muscle dumbbells should not. Tool cards in this deck should be wish baton, choice band and exp Share

I'll post my own list soon

Last edited:
Back