Tyrantrum-EX, Jirachi Gym Challenge Promo Translations [4/18]

That Tyrantrum EX is interesting. Could be a fire counter in metal decks. Jirachi could be a good seismitoad EX counter with the stardust attack.

Tyrantrum-EX is erroneously listed as a Fighting-type when it is Dragon.

I like the power, and I like the attack, but the attack cost is deplorable.

That Tyrantrum EX's ability is pretty neat, that combined with his attack power could make in a usable promo. Like Ironman131 said, the Jirachi could actually act as a good Seismitoad counter, like, a REALLY good one.

It wouldnt stop the item lock but a lot of seismitoad EX decks just play DCE's and a few basic so discarding their resources would be the benifit.

With laserbank likely completely rotating out next season, this Jirachi could see a 1-of or 2-of inclusion in basically any deck just to counter Seismitoad. It doesn't deal any significant damage but the potential to break the item lock is real, the only way around being Escape Rope or Lysandre from the Toad user. Eventually it will be required to attach one basic energy to the Toad, wich will break the lock and thus enable set ups to be made. Really smart choice to print that card in this format.

I could see decks based around Tyrantrum EX having some play because of Brozong and the other dragon-supporting cards Roaring Skies will bring. It would need some fine building because that attacker is not -awesome-, but it can be just enough and that Ability makes some tech cards unnecessary. What I'm uneasy with is the 210 cap it gets with MB, wich is 10-30 short off the Mega threats that will see more play with the rotation (although it deals with M Gardevoir just fine). Also the attack not using [R] and the 3 retreat cost (not getting much help from Hydreigon EX) are really a bummer.

1) Tyrantrum-EX. Beautiful. Balanced and powerful with great ability.
2) Jirachi IS decent IF it can block Quacking punch effect. Does anyone know if it can? I believe no.. :/

Quaking Punch is an effect on the player not an effect on the card so Jirachies attack would not be able to block the lock.

I think that Tyrantrum is actually usable. With the right energy acceleration (Bronzong, Dragon Energy + Reshiram), it could be possibly to retrieve that energy without cost!

That Jirachi sounds pretty sick too.

Green778 said:
2) Jirachi IS decent IF it can block Quacking punch effect. Does anyone know if it can? I believe no.. :/

Ironman131 said:
Quaking Punch is an effect on the player not an effect on the card so Jirachies attack would not be able to block the lock.

That's not the way it counters the itemlock, though. Discard a DCE from the Toad and blocks the damage from Quaking punch. Next turn, discard another DCE, tank another Quaking Punch. Repeat the process until your opponent run out of energy or is forced to attach a basic, wich leaves you with one turn without item lock. Laser is a current way of stopping this, since Jirachi's attack won't block it's damage, but it will rotate next season so w/e.

Tyrantrum reminds me of Black Kyurem EX, but better because it goes through Aegislash and Pyroar. Maybe it could find some niche with Bronzong or Double Dragon Energy.

Jirachi's first attack is interesting. Could be good against the toad.

No one knows for sure yet.

However I imagine Tyrantrum EX will be in a box like what we've gotten before; Krookodile EX, Gallade EX, Garchomp EX, the new Flygon EX.

Jirachi, Dragonair, and whatever else that shows up will likely be in some future set before the end of the year.

And of course if Sceptile EX is indeed shown in this promo thing we'll get it in June along with Blaziken EX and Swampert EX.

The real question will be where is both Sceptile EX and M. Sceptile EX and how will we get the Hoenn megas.

Back