VGC 13-14 Season Ending Team

Shining Goodra

HeeHee - Michael Jackson
The end of the 13-14' season for VGC spells the end of a legacy, please go easy on my baby.

Lapras (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 228 HP / 124 Def / 116 SpA / 40 SpD
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard
- Hydro Pump

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 204 Atk / 4 Def / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Slide
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Protect
- Earthquake

Manectric (F) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightningrod
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 244 SpA / 4 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Starmie @ Focus Sash
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Psychic
- Scald

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Leech Seed

Common leads:

Manectric + Lapras
(This was lead was for if my opponent was starting a Pokémon that I knew had Rock Slide I could bait them for my boost off Weakness Policy turning Lapras into a sweeper, Manectric with Lightning Rod ensures Lapras doesn't take a double target from electric, and of course if they risk it Manectric gets a boost of his own.)

Garchomp + Ferrothorn
(My next favorite lead vs Kangaskhan, I love recoil contact damage! This lead makes Kangaskhan cry, with Iron Barbs and Rough skin, it's his/her choice what to Fake Out if he/she chooses too, either way Kangaskhan is either left knocked out or very close once the turns over. Also, I love this lead vs Gardevoir, with both my Pokémon knowing protect the mind games start, most people typically chose to target Garchomp with Moonblast, but then Gardevoir takes Gyro Ball to the face.)

Mamoswine/Lapras + Starmie/Lapras
(I only used this lead vs Garchomp, Hydreigon and or Salamence being on the same team. It usually led to my opponent switching out, which if predicted correctly would give me the upper hand every time and a easy win. Mamoswine and Starmie helped control weakness from one another and with Ice Shard 1HKOing most Garchomps, and Starmies high speed stat with Focus Sash could survive for at least 2 turns and KO a lot of Pokémon neutral to its move set.)

Threats:

Mawile (Probably the only weakness I've found this team has, with Iron Head and Play Rough it mows through 3/6 of my team, Fire Fang isn't a big worry here, I still use Ferrothorn cautiously though when trying to Leech stall Mawile. This usually comes down to predictions when going against Mawile, being that a correctly predicted Earthquake and a chip shot from anything else that isn't resisted always wins me the match up.)

Stupid misplays (Stupid misplays are stupid)

I can't remember too much about the EV spreads but I'll explain what I can remember if anyone wants to know.

Hey, Shining Goodra, nice to see an RMT from you. I'd like to point out that the rules for the RMT section include the following:
Explain in detail and relevance your reasoning for each Pokémon and its moves, EVs, nature, purpose, etc.
This is because knowing why people add specific Pokemon and their moves/natures/EV's/abllities/etc helps us give better feedback in addition to just being more professional looking. It would be great if you would add some descriptions.

I don't pretend to know much about VGC, but I have my doubts about how useful Lapras is. It has good bulk, but it's slow and 85 base attacking stats is really mediocre. I feel like Dragonite would be a much better Weakness Policy user seeing as how it has Multiscale, Extremespeed, good attacking stats to back it up, and a usable Speed stat.

If you're having trouble with Mawile, then how about a Chandelure? It can run WoW to bypass Sucker Punch and cripple it and Imprison could be useful to stop your opponent from using Protect. It also has great SpA, solid bulk, and three useful immunities. I don't know what would be the best thing to replace, but if I had to guess, I'd say Starmie or Lapras/Dragonite.

Back