• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Virizion EX/Genesect EX with Keldeo

Jon Avery

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon (10)
  • 3x Genesect EX
  • 3x Virizion EX
  • 1x Snorlax (plasma version)
  • 1x Keldeo EX
  • 2x Virizion
Trainers
  • 4x Juniper
  • 4x N
  • 2x Caitlin
  • 2x Shadow Triad
  • 2x Skyla
  • 3x Pokemon Catcher
  • 3x Colress Machine
  • 1x G-Booster
  • 3x Switch
  • 1x Tool Scrapper
  • 1x Super Rod
  • 4x Float Stone
  • 3x Ultra Ball
Energy
  • 9x Grass energy
  • 2x Prism Energy
  • 4x Plasma Energy

Strategy
This is very straight forward deck with Virizion EX and Genesect EX. The Keldeo EX is there for the one very hard match up of Victini EX which Keldeo can one shot with the prism energy attached.

I tidied up the formatting. Please use this style when you post decks in the future.~KA

Now that it's moved to the correct forum, could you please edit the original post with a strategy and the appropriate prefix? Thank you!

Ok first off take out the 2 Virizion. You want to start with Virizion-EX as much as possible. Also take out Snorlax as there isn't really any point. Here are the changes I'd make:
-2 Virizion
-1 Snorlax
-2 Float Stone (See Bridge)
-2 Caitlin (Space can be used better)
-3 Switch (Float Stones and Sky Bridges)
-1 Super Rod (Not needed)
+1 Virizion-EX (Max out to be sure of starting)
+2 Sky Arrow Bridge (Gives free retreat to Genesect and Virizion when Keldeo is down)
+1 Skyla (Very helpful)
+2 Tool Scrapper (Helps in mirror match and against the new reign of tools)
+1 Colress Machine (Helps get turn 1 attack on Virizion with Badge)
+3 Plasma Ball (Gets Genesect's out)
+3 Plasma Badge (Helps get turn 1 attack on Virizion with Colress Machine)
Hope I helped!

You take out those virions and snorlax then this deck dies against sigilyph. So, no. good idea to keep the virizion, maybe add a PLB Genesect aswell for call for family and its 80 (or OHKO sigilyph if heads) second attack.

You dont need that much float stone and you can play skyarrow bridge. You are not playing keldeo for its Rush In (although it is useful sometimes yes) since Virizion already negates status conditions.
You definitely need more tool scrapper. Silver mirrors gonna give you trouble in this format.

From your decklist,
-1 snorlax
-1 virizion
+2 genesect PLB
-4 float stone
+2 skyarrow bridge
+1 tool scrapper
+2 plasma ball
-1 N

Thank you all for the advise. The only one thing I do object to is the Skyarrow bridge idea just on the fact of it still helps out my opponent as well as float stone doesn't. Unless I have it mistaken.

Updated deck list. Any further thoughts or comments about Skyarrow Bridge? I just feel giving any advantage to an opponent isn't good. Unless I'm not understanding correctly and it only effects me?

Pokemon (10)
• 3x Genesect EX
• 4x Virizion EX
• 1x Keldeo EX
• 2x Virizion
• 1x Genesect PLB
Trainers
• 4x Juniper
• 4x N
• 2x Caitlin
• 2x Shadow Triad
• 2x Skyla
• 3x Pokemon Catcher
• 4x Colress Machine
• 1x G-Booster
• 1x Switch
• 2x Tool Scrapper
• 1x Super Rod
• 4x Float Stone
• 2x Ultra Ball
• 2x Plasma Ball
Energy
• 9x Grass energy
• 2x Prism Energy
• 4x Plasma Energy

Firstly edit the first post not post updated list in new reply. Secondly I strongly suggest you take out at least 1 Caitlin and add a Skyla. If you take the other I'd also take a Grass Energy and Super Rod and put in 3 Plasma Badge. Your only plasma pokemon is Genesect and you usually want to attach to him not Colress Machine to him. Sky Arrow Bridge does help your opponent but it's still very helpful for you. I'd also take out Summary:
-2 Caitlin
-1 Super Rod
-2 Float Stone
-1 Grass Energy
+1 Skyla
+3 Plasma Badge
+1 Switch

Why would he die to Sigilyph? I don't see how, honestly. G-Booster runs right through anything that would inhibit the 200, so I think he's fine with at least dropping one Virizion.

I think you oughta drop the Keldeo. Against the mirror, it's a free two Prizes, and you're already running Float Stone. Status Conditions are taking a big hit now that Gothigor is gone, so that's another reason why Rush In isn't as good as it used to be. Add a second Switch if needed.

Back