XY What Current Pokémon / Moves Would You Like To See Changed into a Fairy-type? Why?

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

FloodBadge said:
He's also partly based on the Hoop Snake. a mythical snake that bites it's tail and goes into a ball. It's been known to be very large and sometimes a bit fat and lazy.

But it can evolve into it's kick butt fairy/dragon quetzalcoatl

RE: What current Pokémon would you like to see changed into Fairy-type? What moves?

No. That is a terrible idea. That would make it too overpowered, since those two types are the juggernauts.

FloodBadge said:
No. That is a terrible idea. That would make it too overpowered, since those two types are the juggernauts.

Dude he is ridiculously underpowered right now. Do you hate dunsparce or something?

Dunsparce is based on the tsuchinoko, a mythical snake. There is nothing Fairy about it, I'd be surprised if it was retyped. And it's quite a good Pokémon if you know how to use it.

I wonder, though, how they are going to tackle Togepi. Giving Togepi Normal/Fairy (just like Jigglypuff) wouldn't make sense, because Togetic and Togekiss are Normal/Flying. I think it is more likely that Togepi gets retyped as pure Fairy (or Fairy/Normal.. like Helioptile and Litleo), so Togetic and Togekiss can get the Fairy/Flying typing. If these are completely retyped, then the possibility of Clefairy getting retyped as pure Fairy is pretty big. After all, it's more fairy-like than Jigglypuff, so its Normal/Fairy typing justifies that.

Chansey, Audino, and Snubbull are other possibly candidates, along with Clefairy, Togepi, Marill, Jigglypuff, and Gardevoir, this gives us 19 old Fairy Pokémon (I didn't count Ralts and Kirlia), which is enough for a type that was added so late. Add Sylveon, Flabébé and many others, and we have a fine collection to choose from.

For those who didn't understand the reason behind Jigglypuff, Marill, and Gardevoir;
- Jigglypuff is obvious, a Clefairy clone.
- Marill, Azumarill will have their inspiration drawn from moon rabbits, Moon Blast perhaps?
- Gardevoir is more an elf, than a fairy, but the Fairy-type is probably used as a broad term for many of those mythological creatures.

Pokequaza said:
Dunsparce is based on the tsuchinoko, a mythical snake. There is nothing Fairy about it, I'd be surprised if it was retyped. And it's quite a good Pokémon if you know how to use it.
But that mythical snake doesn't have wings. They added that to bring in the queztalcoatl part.

I expect that Snubble will also be changed to f airy type. It's pokedex description from the anime lists it as a fairy type so theres precedent for it.

nomis78 said:
I expect that Snubble will also be changed to f airy type. It's pokedex description from the anime lists it as a fairy type so theres precedent for it.
yeah he's basically a given.

professorlight said:
I think we all saw the patterns that make us suspect possible fairy type changes, stuff like the inexplicable sudden protagonism of dunsparce (was made widely available in BW2, became a major character in mystery dungeon and starred in an episode of the anime), the secrecy about the fairy type and more. Then I saw this:

gamefreak trainer morimoto nishino

Why is morimoto nishino special?

this is his lineup:

[sprite]36[/sprite][sprite]40[/sprite][sprite]184[/sprite][sprite]594[/sprite][sprite]463[/sprite][sprite]143[/sprite]

3 out of 6 of them became fairies (and were all available in BW2), all that's missing is gardevoir (who was available, but through a stupidly convoluted sidequest that I hate but will do anyway).
Alomomola has been a candidate for some time, the weird thing are lickilicky and snorlax.

Upssss, changed the names.

Just now realized:

Pokemon-Amie-Pokemon-X-and-Y.jpg

june_new_p15_01.jpg

It was in front of us the whole time (and hard to miss, too)... Fairy type snorlax then?

Any theories backing lickilicky and snorlax's change? I've got nothing.

professorlight said:
professorlight said:
I think we all saw the patterns that make us suspect possible fairy type changes, stuff like the inexplicable sudden protagonism of dunsparce (was made widely available in BW2, became a major character in mystery dungeon and starred in an episode of the anime), the secrecy about the fairy type and more. Then I saw this:

gamefreak trainer morimoto nishino

Why is morimoto nishino special?

this is his lineup:

[sprite]36[/sprite][sprite]40[/sprite][sprite]184[/sprite][sprite]594[/sprite][sprite]463[/sprite][sprite]143[/sprite]

3 out of 6 of them became fairies (and were all available in BW2), all that's missing is gardevoir (who was available, but through a stupidly convoluted sidequest that I hate but will do anyway).
Alomomola has been a candidate for some time, the weird thing are lickilicky and snorlax.

Upssss, changed the names.

Just now realized:

june_new_p15_01.jpg

It was in front of us the whole time (and hard to miss, too)... Fairy type snorlax then?

No theories, but Im definitely on board. Plus with Snorlax's "Immunity" to the rumored Fairy types weakness to Poison, it will definitely be redeemed as a tank since it will also possibly be immune to Dragon.

NoDice said:
professorlight said:
Just now realized:

june_new_p15_01.jpg

No theories, but Im definitely on board. Plus with Snorlax's "Immunity" to the rumored Fairy types weakness to Poison, it will definitely be redeemed as a tank since it will also possibly be immune to Dragon.

Food Poisoning.. Now that would explain Snorlax's and Lickilicky's fairy-retyping. Not only that, but their general sillyness and never serious look fits too. They're two of the few pokemon that can barely be imagined angry.

Nishinos team is supposedly a reference to him eating mouldy food from the companys fridge from being so hungry.some time in BW development. Everyone calls him "Snorlax".
Notice that the whole team is holding leftovers.
Not sure if it's just that or if it really has something to do with Fairy, but with how we've seen Snorlax featured in BW2 material, I think it would have been shown as an example of the pokemon whos type changes to Fairy IF THAT WERE THE CASE, instead of Jigglypuff (Since Marill and Ralts-line have been in other trailers, reconfirming they're showing of ones that will be encounterable).

The only possible reason in the world why they didn't use Clefairy as an example is that it won't be in the regional dex this time (we've had a Mt.Coronet full of them and a Giant Chasm the last 2 gens so that seems appropriate).

Nor Jiggly nor Marill are something mythical. Singing and a moon rabbit doesn't justify them being Fairy. I also don't want dunsparce becoming Fairy type (I only want 3 lines to get retyped and not all of them) or evolving (its more of a noble Pokemon and they don't evolve really like Sableye). Snorlax could be interesting.

I want to see a Dragon/Fairy but not just yet. On Gen 7 or 8 it would be nice but for now it is too premature. It is too early to tell that Fairy will be a dominant type. Dragon was terribly good because all Dragon types have an excellent attack (or special attack) with an outrageous speed and some bulk could bring down Pokemon easily. Lets not forget moves such as Outrage and Draco Meteor and all of them having extremely good movepools with nice moves such as EQ or FB.

How about some unexpected and unlikely guesses (just in case so I can later quote myself and say called it of course xD):

-Ledian - Bug/Fairy
learns some fancy moves like Comet Punch and Swift I guess...but it generally has something to it I cant put my finger on exactly what that makes it seem like the Clefairy of insects lol.
And the Flying type is worse than not having it anyway.

-Politoed - Water/Fairy
now that it summons the evil neverending rainfall from hell (LOL). Gaining the Dragon immunity would make it horrifying since its one of the most overused pokes atm already XD
But seriously. Politoed goes in the same group as all the other inferior split evos (type-wise), like Gardevoir (fixed with Fairy), Glalie (why would you ever use it instead of Froslass?), Bellossom (it actually loses the nicely defensive poison type?? Grass/Fairy please). And I thought it kinda fits its sudden joyful nature, doesn't it?

Mitja said:
How about some unexpected and unlikely guesses (just in case so I can later quote myself and say called it of course xD):

-Ledian - Bug/Fairy
learns some fancy moves like Comet Punch and Swift I guess...but it generally has something to it I cant put my finger on exactly what that makes it seem like the Clefairy of insects lol.
And the Flying type is worse than not having it anyway.

-Politoed - Water/Fairy
now that it summons the evil neverending rainfall from hell (LOL). Gaining the Dragon immunity would make it horrifying since its one of the most overused pokes atm already XD
But seriously. Politoed goes in the same group as all the other inferior split evos (type-wise), like Gardevoir (fixed with Fairy), Glalie (why would you ever use it instead of Froslass?), Bellossom (it actually loses the nicely defensive poison type?? Grass/Fairy please). And I thought it kinda fits its sudden joyful nature, doesn't it?

I agree with all of those and LOVE the idea of Politoed. Never considered it but now it makes so much sense. Also, Glalie could be cool. Froslass I think is impossible to change because her typing is just TOO good. It fits her theme, design, and is obvious. She won't be fairy any time soon I'm guessing. What about illumise and volbeat?

[split] What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

Ohman177 said:
MuhFugginMoose said:
Well, we gotta stop looking at the "Fairy" type as a girly thing. They were also brutal and evil creatures. Mawile is a prime example, there's no way her fairy typing is meant to be frilly and happy, She's based off Futakuchi-onna which is far from a happy sight, plus, could you imagine getting a kiss from that?
Fairy type has a chance to change a lot of moves, that aren't necessarilly "girly". So, just as a bit of a heads up, don't expect them to be nothing but girly kiss moves and pretty flowers. If there's anything we know about GF, it's they have quite a dark side. They're bound to show it.
Prime example: Perish song. I bet every shiny I have that that's gonna change to fairy. It isn't sweet. In fact, it's the opposite. And it's very fairyish. They're known to sing, but sometimes in malicious ways. As if casting spells/curses/hexes. Hex is another one that will probably change for the same reason.

Does this mean Mismagius will become Ghost/Fairy? According to what you said it's got the 'dex entry for it, and it's called the Magical Pokemon...

RE: What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

Gentlefish said:
Ohman177 said:
Prime example: Perish song. I bet every shiny I have that that's gonna change to fairy. It isn't sweet. In fact, it's the opposite. And it's very fairyish. They're known to sing, but sometimes in malicious ways. As if casting spells/curses/hexes. Hex is another one that will probably change for the same reason.

Does this mean Mismagius will become Ghost/Fairy? According to what you said it's got the 'dex entry for it, and it's called the Magical Pokemon...

We are hoping oh so very hard for it to happen. Almost everyone who speculated here about possible changes agreed mismagius and misdreavus were optimal candidates for a fairy type, and they could certainly use the boost.

RE: What MOVES do you think will be retyped this generation?

Having 4 immunities would be really sweet.

(first post :D been floating around all the pokemon forums and decided to make an account here)

*Warning, Wall of text*

Anyway, these are the pokemon i think are likely to have fairy type added or in replacement with other type. I will state how likely they are to gain fairy in my opinion via a scale. (1 being no chance, 10 being a sure chance)

1) Clefairy - really needs no explanation, it's relation to metronome (a "magicky" move), fairy in it's name, it's "clone" jigglypuff being fairy. Near assured chance to gain fairy 9/10.

2) Misdreavus/Mismagius (Ghost/Fairy) - To understand this one you gotta look into it's origins a little bit and when you do, you will realize they are very likely to gain fairy.
First, they are based loosely on banshees, a fairy in Irish forklore known for ungodly wailing (something the Misdreavus line is known for). Mismagius is also said to be able to imbue happiness with it's chants.
Second they are based on Nukekubi, which is from the same class of Yokai as the Futakuchi-onna (Mawile's inspiration). Mawile is confirmed as a fairy already and since the Misdreavus line is based on practically the same thing makes them quite likely to gain fairy.
Finally, since fairy type is related to magic (Geomancy and dragon immunity) and Mismagius is also based on a witch is another, although a loose, reason for the line to gain fairy. Very likely 8/10.

3) Togepi line (Togepi - Normal/Fairy, Togetic and Togekiss - Flying/Fairy) - Their designs scream fairy, they imbue happiness and their abilities and move pools hint at them being fairy, however one thing that hold them back is they are already dual types and considering GF have NEVER replaced types, outside form changes, makes it less likely to gain fairy 6/10.

4) Celebi (Fairy/Grass)- Almost exactly the situation same as Togepi line, but it's also a legendary so a type change may be less likely. 5/10.

5) The lake Trio (Psychic/Fairy) - Same situation as Celebi, 5/10.

6)Arceus, via a new fairy plate (Fairy) - Not exactly a retype, but it is an old pokemon that will gain a new type. 10/10.

Lastly, here are some other fairy candidates i don't really have a good reason for, but i think could gain fairy:

- Milotic
- Liligant
- Cherrim
- Snubbull (I know it's called the "fairy Pokemon", but other than that, it has no real reason to gain fairy, it's just a pink bulldog...)

Flys Gone 2071 said:
Nor Jiggly nor Marill are something mythical. Singing and a moon rabbit doesn't justify them being Fairy. I also don't want dunsparce becoming Fairy type (I only want 3 lines to get retyped and not all of them) or evolving (its more of a noble Pokemon and they don't evolve really like Sableye). Snorlax could be interesting.

I want to see a Dragon/Fairy but not just yet. On Gen 7 or 8 it would be nice but for now it is too premature. It is too early to tell that Fairy will be a dominant type. Dragon was terribly good because all Dragon types have an excellent attack (or special attack) with an outrageous speed and some bulk could bring down Pokemon easily. Lets not forget moves such as Outrage and Draco Meteor and all of them having extremely good movepools with nice moves such as EQ or FB.

Altaria isn't strong, Druddigon isn't fast, and Kingdra doesn't have any base stat over 100. Most dragon types are pseudo or full out legendary so naturally the majority will have good stats.

They don't have to make a pokemon good just because of its type combination.

To stay on topic, I think Whimsicott, Togepie line, and Misdreavus line should gain the fairy-type. All three fit the bill at least in my mind they do.

[split] Your views on the Fairy type-distribution and the Fairy type Pokemon

I really hope that we get the Fairy-type for both Granbull and Glalie. It will not only help to give them both new type coverage, but also it will give the Fairy-type more of an edge.

Back