What do you want from us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ne68127 said:
Why waste space on that. The mods call most of them spam.
That's just the mod's opinion. An opinion. So it doesn't matter.

Anyway why would it be a waste of space if people like it? Back up what you say in the future.

Boddy903 said:
Wait, can someone tell me what spam is again? Sorry if I sound like a 'tard.

You probably should have asked in the Simple Forum Question Thread (stickied in this Forum). In the Guide For Members (also a stickied thread in this Forum) it says,

1. What is Spam?
Spam is the act of posting meaningless, irrelevant and overly short posts. Saying "Thank You", "No Problem" and "I agree with you" will be considered spam. Meanwhile, off topic posting such as "Aerodactyl has 100HP and 2 Retreat Cost" in a thread that is titled "Rate My Shoddy Team" is obvious spam.

dmaster out.

Waiting a week means 50 or more % of members we would of gotten, will end up being 0 post, idle members. Not a good idea.

I think a new forum where People can Post Glitches/Tricks or weird things in Pokemon Games would be cool.

an anger relief ranting forum where you can rant and get mad without any provocation :D (thumbs upsss)

Saiko said:
I think a new forum where People can Post Glitches/Tricks or weird things in Pokemon Games would be cool.
You can post those under casual gaming in the appropriate subforum.

batpee1 said:
an anger relief ranting forum where you can rant and get mad without any provocation :D (thumbs upsss)
The forum is geared to be family friendly and this could lead to attacks on members. Just my thought, but I'm not staff. If you get mad, try listening to some relaxing music such as Lugia's Song.

omahanime said:
The thing I notice is the number of people that join post a few messages that day and never come back. Would it be stupid to have a rule where you join and have to wait a week to post?

Juliacoolo said:
Waiting a week means 50 or more % of members we would of gotten, will end up being 0 post, idle members. Not a good idea.

What is the difference between an idle member with 2 posts and an idle member with 0 posts?

If they wait a week to post, that shows they actually have an interest in the site. Not just joining to post a pointless idea, then fade away. Either that or you have to have 100 post to make a thread. please!

But then a newcomer to the game couldn't ask what decks are good. Or a question couldn't be resolved. They'd have to change the topic of a thread to get their question through, get banned, then never come back again.

TheDarkLucario said:
If they wait a week to post, that shows they actually have an interest in the site. Not just joining to post a pointless idea, then fade away. Either that or you have to have 100 post to make a thread. please!

So lets say a member has a really important question about say... the TCG. They would have to make 100 posts just to post one question. Is that really necessary? Plus, the most fastest way to get posts? Spam, and if they continue that they'll probably be banned by the time their question comes. It doesn't matter if the member has interest or not. Doing something like that would make Pokebeach unpopular.

Gliscor said:
So lets say a member has a really important question about say... the TCG. They would have to make 100 posts just to post one question. Is that really necessary? Plus, the most fastest way to get posts? Spam, and if they continue that they'll probably be banned by the time their question comes. It doesn't matter if the member has interest or not. Doing something like that would make Pokebeach unpopular.
There should be a TCG Question Thread then. That would be useful.

There is a whole subforum for TCG questions to get posted in. The reason no one except Professors can reply is because wrong answers were being given too often and threads started to become spammy. Mybb isn't able to make you be able to reply to your own thread, but not anybody elses unless a plug in exists for it. I think Vbulletin supports it, but its really expensive.

TheDarkLucario said:
There should be a TCG Question Thread then. That would be useful.
But even if they could post a thread there, they still couldn't make threads about decks, meta, and other stuff. Asking what is tier 1 in the TCG isn't a question related to the game.

TheDarkLucario said:
If they wait a week to post, that shows they actually have an interest in the site. Not just joining to post a pointless idea, then fade away.

That is the idea of my suggestion. If you go to the members page http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/memberlist.php there are 3 members that posted on the day they joined and haven't been back since. For that page that is 15%.

omahanime said:
That is the idea of my suggestion. If you go to the members page http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/memberlist.php there are 3 members that posted on the day they joined and haven't been back since. For that page that is 15%.
Yeah. I don't think it will be endorsed though. Some members like them going away.

TheDarkLucario said:
Yeah. I don't think it will be endorsed though. Some members like them going away.
They would still go away, but hopefully without leaving the poorly thought out pearls of wisdom.

We could always make a new starting usergroup that restricts threads into certain areas of the forum and once they reach a certain number of posts the mybb promotion system will automatically promote them to regular member.

Charizard88 said:
We could always make a new starting usergroup that restricts threads into certain areas of the forum and once they reach a certain number of posts the mybb promotion system will automatically promote them to regular member.

OMG that is perfect. But there really isn't a certain place we should block off. What comes to my mind is:
Current event: BW- People spam this alot
Game Corner- Really?
Competitive sections
TCG section

And like I said, create a TCG Question thread so they don't spam by making a pointless thread. X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back