• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

What Needs Changing (Dragonite EX / Virizion EX)

joleson490

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Dragonite EX FFI
    4 Virizion EX PLB
    2 Genesect EX PLB
    2 Thundurus EX PLF
    2-2 Beartic FFI
    1 Mr. Mime PLF
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 3 Professor Sycamore
    3 Colress
    3 Pokémon Fan Club
    2 Skyla
    2 Cassius
    4 Super Scoop Up
    3 Ultra Ball
    2 Professor's Letter
    2 Switch
    1 Sacred Ash
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone
    3 Muscle Band
Energy:

• 6 Grass
    5 Lightning
    4 Plasma Energy

Strategy:
Similar starting strategy to Virizion Genesect. Start Virizion, T2 Emerald Slash to the bench. Either T3 or T4 (Emerald Slash T3 in this case) Play Dragonite down and Bust in and use Jet Sonic either for KO or set up for a KO next turn. When Dragonite gets hurt too much play down another Dragonite and use Bust In to bring the new Dragonite up fully powered and ready to attack. Then scoop up the damaged Dragonite with Cassius or one of the scoop items. Beartic is the Pyroar/Landorus EX counter. Genesect EX is a secondary attacker as well as a catcher. Thundurus EX is used for energy recovery if too many energy are in the discard pile via Jet Sonic or KOs.

My main Concern for this build is Garbodor. Thus this deck needs either a catcher other than Genesect or megaphones. However I'm not sure what to replace for either the catcher or megaphones. This is one area that needs advice.

The other area that i know needs to be addressed is that of the stronger fighting archetype as well as the Mewtwo wars that are going to come up because of that. The only way for this deck to really deal with that is to 2HKO the Mewtwos and (M) Lucarios that are going to come up. Is there a way i'd be able to add in 1-2 Mewtwo EX to counter this?

Other than that are there any other questions/concerns with this build?

I think you may have too much electric energy, also i think the plasma energy is not the greatest of ideas for dragonite. If genesect was your main attacker then yeah plasma energy. But Dragonite is the main attacker and you may not have times you can play plasma energy. Also 15 energy is quite alot. Even most Virgen decks only run 13/14. My suggestion on energy count is probably 7-9 grass, and 3 electric. I dont think you should bother with plasma at all. Drop Genesect, add mewtwo. Also get rid of Thundurus Ex and add catchers.

Dragonite + Plasma doesnt have that great of synergy, so it makes this deck kinda clunky to play.

I don't think you need those Switches with 3 Dragonite EXs and 5 Scoop Ups. I would replace them with some additional supporters.

Back