XY What Pokémon Do You Want in Your Team for X / Y? Post Your Current Team / Ideas Here!

RE: Your X&Y Team?

Guys... we only know like 10 or so Pokemon so far. We don't know their stats, abilities, movepools, or evolutions. This is ridiculous.

That said, I have my eye on Clauncher and Litleo, both are pretty cool. Gogoat seems cool if only for riding, and I like Noivern's design a lot.

Zarco said:
Guys... we only know like 10 or so Pokemon so far. We don't know their stats, abilities, movepools, or evolutions. This is ridiculous.

That said, I have my eye on Clauncher and Litleo, both are pretty cool. Gogoat seems cool if only for riding, and I like Noivern's design a lot.

Chespin
Fennekin
Froakie
Yveltal
Xerneas
Sylveon
Fletchling
Talonflame
Pancham
Gogoat
Helioptile
Noivern
Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivillon
Skrelp
Clauncher
Furabebe
Litleo

That's actually 19. Take away the legendaries and it's 17. Not to mention all the Pokemon from past generations that have been confirmed to be in X/Y. So, I personally do see how it's ridiculous given the amount of combinations one could come up with.

Anyway, I normally always have an Ice and Steel type on my team, so I'm definitely going to have to see some Pokemon of those types before my team is final. :p

AdamLambert said:
Not to mention all the Pokemon from past generations that have been confirmed to be in X/Y. So, I personally do see how it's ridiculous given the amount of combinations one could come up with.

Wait, what? Like every Pokemon would be catchable? Of course they would have all Pokemon made this far in the nat-dex. Is that what you mean or am I just stupid? :D

Dayumm, if I'd just get my hands on a shiny Onix pre-league. :3 Dat Steelix would kick some serious butt.

EDIT: yeah Adam, I think I am stalking you xD

Pineapple X said:
AdamLambert said:
Not to mention all the Pokemon from past generations that have been confirmed to be in X/Y. So, I personally do see how it's ridiculous given the amount of combinations one could come up with.

Wait, what? Like every Pokemon would be catchable? Of course they would have all Pokemon made this far in the nat-dex. Is that what you mean or am I just stupid? :D

Dayumm, if I'd just get my hands on a shiny Onix pre-league. :3 Dat Steelix would kick some serious butt.

EDIT: yeah Adam, I think I am stalking you xD

He means the ones that have been confirmed to be in the regional dex.

I think I have some of the team figured out, but we'll have to wait and see.

Chespin line
Litleo (hoping it's available within the first couple routes so I don't get screwed by the first gym. >.>)
Pancham (because pandas are my favorites and I must have him.)
Noivern
Clauncher

As for the last slot, I plan to wait and see, though I have a nasty idea to have a Flabebe named Dragonborn that knows Grass Knot. Oooh, so dastardly. ^^

Pineapple X said:
My team will probably look something like this, based on what I've heard and what I wish:
  • Pineapple the Ludicolo <3
  • Coconut the Chespin/Fyrefox the Fennekin (Firefox, so original :3)
    [*]Skrillex the Noivern (he gonna drop dat bass)
  • Ellie the Sylveon (o_O dunno, been playing too much TLoU I guess xD)

And last but not least,
  • Feta the Gogoat (hahaha CHEESYY, ikr? Omg I so clever)

Skrilliex the Noivern has got to be the most amazing and ironic nickname ever conceived! lol Kudos for thinking of it!

I dont have nicknames thought out just yet but heres what Im thinking-

Chespin - pretty much my most solidified choice.
Froakie - gunna trade one over since Im getting a hard copy and DLing a copy. Unless a better water type is revealed.
Helioptile - As long as it evolves into something. Otherwise it seems like a pretty weak non-evolving basic.
Litleo - Pretty solidified choice as well, since its ALMOST guaranteed to evolve into something awesome.
Pancham - No matter what happens with everything else, this guy will be on my team to the end.

Chespin
Litleo
Sylveon
Pancham

Other roles will be filled when more Pokemon are announced.

Starting with Froakie for sure, and I definitely want Flabebe. Maybe Gogoat? The others I'll have to wait and see :D

I think it is pretty obvious that most of us will have Talonflame on the team at somepoint no matter which starter we have (because it is the regional bird, we all catch it at some point to be used as a flyer, especially the final forms of said bird, although flying on the back of a fletchling would look pretty funny)

I only know that Chespin will be my starter and Helioptile will be on there if there's no cooler Electric types (and if it's not an Xclusive, since I'm getting Y). Maybe Clauncher as my Water type if it becomes Water/Fire.

Since we know so little of what all Pokemon are in this region this is my dream team of sorts I suppose. I am sure once all the new pokemon are unveiled I'll change my tune.

Dragonite
Flygon
Clauncher final evo (if any) or Skrelp final evo
Chespin final evo
Kingdra
Arcanine or Espeon

I rotate teams; I like using many of the new Pokémon introduced in the generation to beat the game. So far I really want the starters, Pancham, Noivern, Helioptile, Litleo, Clauncher, Fletchling, and my trusty old Charizard! He's my all-time favorite Pokémo and have used him since generation 1. :D

I mainly care about design for my in-game team. The base stats of Pokémon only affect my decision for competitive battles. I also make sure my rotation team has enough type coverage to play through the game. Also, using rotation teams means that each Pokémon will stay at a lower level, making the game more exciting for me to play. Moreover, it means I get to use more of the new Pokémon!

I would also like to have a few Fairy types in my rotation team, although I will have to wait and see what is out there for me!

Too early for me to pick, I just wish for salamence to be in the regional dex.

From what we've seen these are my choices

Froakie
Helioptile
Litleo
Noivern
Sylveon or Leafeon

If Kingdra is to appear, it is definitely on my team.

Fennekin (starter, I don't need Frokie if there is Kingdra)
Fletchling (I hope it can keep up without evolving)
6th Gen Pokemon (can be 1 of the 3 I mentioned or a Steel type)
Flygon (favorite Pokemon and Flygon/Mienshao/Kingdra to destroy anything)
Kingdra (second favorite Pokemon, does well with Flygon and Mienshao taking out some of their walls)
Mienshao (I want to have Flygon/Mienshao combo again this Gen)

I think it's still too early to decide the team...

So far all I know for sure that I will use is this:
Fennekin
Yveltal

Then, we'll see... I might use a Gallade because I already have a trained Gardevoir from Emerald and I've been wanting to train a Gallade too for some time (just to have the pair), but that will depend on the new Pokémon. If there's too many Pokémon I want to use, I'll give priority to the new Pokémon... Also, I tend to choose pokémon whose last evolution can't be caught in the wild (usually stage 2s), so I'll wait to see all pokémon until I decide the final team...

Lol a little early for this isn't it?

1. Froakie (I'm very interested in which direction their going to take him. Hopefully not Poliwrath 2.0. I'm hoping for a ninja frog. :3)
2. Pancham's final evolution (I looks like it will have 2 evolutions, which is what I'm hoping for)
3. Xerneas (typically I discard the version mascots, but whatever)
4. Noivern, perhaps
5. If Litleo evolves into a badass manticore, you can bet he'll be on my team.
6. Malimar :D GO SQUIDS

Speaking of version-exclusive pokemon [it's somewhere back there], Since i'm getting both games I thought i'd be ok, bring on the exclusives. Then I realized I only have one 3ds.

Well feces. And thanks to current hobbies I don't have enough to get another one. Asdfghjkl;

I hope if there are version exclusives that all my favorites will be on one game. Or my friend gets a 3ds. Unlikely.

To stay on-topic;

Whitefire said:

Forgot to add Gogoat to Later Team.

Early Team 100% set;

Fennekin [I dislike the other two]
Fletchling [Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee]
Scatterbug [even though i dislike it, dat Vivillon]

Later Team [additions];

Litleo [Regional Shinx]
Helioptile [The New GEICO]
Noivern [I never seem to use birds for Fly-slaves anymore]
Clauncher [Dat blue]
Gogoat [Grass type]

Xerneas [Mononoke. Even though it actually looks nothing like the FS save for many anlters]

I already named a bird im training in W2 Fletchling. Because I can.

I am planning on using

The following, is a list of pokemon I plan to almost definitely use.
Fennekin (unless fighting)
Skrelp (Unless dolphin based pokemon)
Espeon (may conflict with my fennekin)

Now for some I'm not a sure about
Noivern
Helioptile

My planned Pokemon

Chespin
Ralts (Gallade)
Ralts (Gardevoir)
Dratini