What Types Of Pokemon TCG Cards Would You Like To See In The Future?!

Shining Dragon

Aspiring Trainer
Since the Pokemon Company introduced a new type of card in the BW series, which are full art cards! Which type of cards would you like to see in the future? For example cards with 3D art on them like the jumbo cards that are going to be released soon, cards that are completely holographic, or full art versions of Pokemon ex, etc! Discuss.

:) Glow in the dark cards would be awesome i think or something like the full art but be metallic and maybe cards that change color somehow without damageing them

.Glow In The Dark Cards
.Full Art EX
.Powerful Cards that need 2+ cards that are good for decks
Cards like *embor+Reshiram card*

we need a new poison type. it would have a skull symbol as the element and would be weak to Psychic, with resistance to grass.

i'm getting sick of seeing so many poison types with the psychic element.
Wizards made them grass type, which was more understandable, beacause nearly all poison types in the original R/B/Y games where part grass or bug, with the exception of mono poison, Tentacool and Zubat.
Tentacool was the only poison type not to be grass type in the original card game, but that was mainly because it was more suited to water.

also a new Ghost element for the likes of Gengar, which would still have it's Dark Weakness, but have resistance to Normal, or Fighting. the symbol will be a small version of the R/B/Y ghost you see when you don't have silth scope.

DK Quagmire said:
we need a new poison type. it would have a skull symbol as the element and would be weak to Psychic, with resistance to grass.

i'm getting sick of seeing so many poison types with the psychic element.
Wizards made them grass type, which was more understandable, beacause nearly all poison types in the original R/B/Y games where part grass or bug, with the exception of mono poison, Tentacool and Zubat.
Tentacool was the only poison type not to be grass type in the original card game, but that was mainly because it was more suited to water.

also a new Ghost element for the likes of Gengar, which would still have it's Dark Weakness, but have resistance to Normal, or Fighting. the symbol will be a small version of the R/B/Y ghost you see when you don't have silth scope.

One can also argue that Poison is well designed as a Psychic type in the TCG, because:
-In the TCG some Grass types are weak to Psychic, while they are also weak to Poison and Psychic in the VG. (look at Vileplume for instance)
-Poison types in the TCG are usually weak to Psychic, which is in line with most of the other Psychic types in the TCG (not the ghosts). Similarly, Poison is also weak to Psychic in the VG.
-Poison as a Grass type would mean that Rock (and/or Ground?) is suddenly weak to Poison in the TCG, while Poison is not optimal against Rock in the VG. (Look at Onix, Diglett and Groudon.)

One can also argue that it doesn't really matter, because we haven't seen many decent Poison-type TCG guys for the past years. (Alright, Toxicroak G gets a spot, but he's Fighting so I dunno.)

For me, I like the way we could interact with our own Pokes and our opponents more efficiently with the SP engine, especially Power Spray. Yeah, I'd like to see more of that kind of shenanigans. Maybe an Ability that lets you negate one Trainer every turn? More things you can do on the opponent's turn? Stuff like that. More player vs. player, instead of player 1 playing his deck vs. player 2 playing his deck.

And we need different kinds of deck to be playable again. Right now it's all beatdown with little to no combo, stall and/or disruption, but that makes games very boring to watch.
As for card types, this could be translated into something similar to Trap cards in YuGiOh, or Instants in Magic: the Gathering. Basically things you can do whenever, wherever.

Pokemon has been slow on the take, purposefully maybe, about trying new types of cards and mechanics. While dual cards came out into the game with the introduction of Legends, other games had used that before, but I don't know how successful they were. Maybe some more strange mechanics would be fun to see?

i really feel like they should bring back legend cards but meta worthy. the idea is so cool as well as the art. make them include non legendary pokemon as well. i agree glow in the dark would be pretty cool, but it might make some of the art a little watered down and less detailed. i also like how back in the day they would print random commons and uncommon cards with the holographic background. i prefer those over the cheap reverse holos of today. full arts of wayyyy more cards, but at CoL SL# rarity!! that would be cool who wouldnt want a full line of FA magnezone or typhlosion?? lol im just a sucker for ultra rares

I'd like to see a lot more archetypes. Not a revival of an archetype like SP (those can go do something I shouldn't say on here) or anything, but completely new archetypes.

I'd actually like to see Pokemon cards that would help solve our problems in the current metagame like I dunno a solid counter for Magnezone Prime and Yanmega Prime would be nice. Currently and even after EP there are no Pokemon cards good enough to counter against those cards.

I would like to see Full Art cards kind of like magic the gathering does. Just nothing but art on the card, no writing,but this is because the players already know what the card does.

But pokemon has certain rules which magic doesn't. Like you can't use cards that have markings on them, where magic it don't matter. I mean If I want to play with a card thats been autographed, I don't see why I shouldn't be allowed, its not like you can't tell what that card still does for christ sake.

More type's. I think Fighting seperated from Rock/Ground, and Poisen from Ghost/Psychic.

Full Art EXs would be great.

I made a thread like this before...ready?

Sp Energy for ALL types.

More art like TR...such an awesome set art wise.

Return of Double Rainbow Energy.

Return to Lvl x type art...oh wait...that is what they did :3

Just some stuff...

tybike said:
Here is mine

Lol...we can't have custom cards...."Mah Togepi has 1,000 HP and it's ability is that at the end of each turn you remove all damage counters from it ya...it's pretty average."

>_>

Non-rectangular cards... they would be shaped like Pokemon, but still fit in normal sized sleeves. :D

Really gimmicky, I know, but I'd love them as an ultra rare.

Spoink! said:
Non-rectangular cards... they would be shaped like Pokemon, but still fit in normal sized sleeves. :D

Really gimmicky, I know, but I'd love them as an ultra rare.

Hmmmm...that would be a little bit of cheating. You would be able to feel what pokemon it is through the sleeve. "Uhhhhh I'll take *feel all their prizes* this one OH....hi thur Reshiram." Yaaaaa only a little cheating :p

I kinda agree with the "emboar + reshiram" cards that would add a new aspect to the game. I think we need a "clefairy doll" like card!

Back