'Wild Blaze' Leaking: Scans and Translations! [3/12]

Prank Scoop: This scares me as a new weapon for stall decks, but luckily Accelgor is getting rotated out, so I don't think it will see much play.
Surprise Megaphone: WTF. I have to sympathize with the tool-based decks here, and thank god I decided to run a deck with no tools.
Lysandre: Hmm maybe 1-2 per deck, but I don't see it getting very popular. Except with Dual brain.
Pokemon Center Lady: Oh God, do NOT let Brock see this full art.
Pokemon Fan Club: Introducing the nerfed Roseanne's Research!
All of the Fire Type-Supporting Cards: Any Grass Poke will now be worth >$10. Yes, even the super cool EX, Megas, and FAs (Maybe not Secret Rares).
Sacred Ash: Hmm maybe could be paired with SER instead of 2 Super Rods, but I'm not sure.
Goodra: Cool ability, but it is just not good enough for a stage 2 to see much play.
Carbink: Oh look, that's a cool attack! Oh look, 70 HP...
Florges: This will not fit anywhere; it's a stage 2 that needs to attack to utilize the draw power and only has 110 HP.
Weavile: No, you shall not replace Emolga or Kangaskhan.
ToxicroakEX: Eh, LaserBank is still better.
Heliolisk: Professor's Letter in weak Poke form!
Milotic: Maybe with Blastoise?
Pyroar: Well, there goes PlasmaKlang.
All of the EX and FAs, from the view of the collector in me: I wish I never bought the XY booster box so I could get 2 Flashfire!!!! <(-_-)>

That Miltank is so amazing (asuming the translation is correct). Paired with the new Caterpie line it can easily dish 80 damage out of the bat with a single energy. :O

Carpey said:
Pyroar: Well, there goes PlasmaKlang.
Plasma Klang would still be doing just as fine as a plasma klang without shift gear could with fire attackers in rotation if it wasn't for that damn extra 10 hp

TCPi DID THIS ON PURPOSE

Agh. I feel like I might regret my decision on buying boxes for this set. I was expecting some awesome full arts but I got to worry about getting either Pokemon Fan Club or Kanghaskahan full arts. Well Kangaskhan I could probably get money back or trade it but I ain't gonna be happy with my boxes wasted on that. Really want a Charizard full art or that Pokemon Center Lady though.And still no shiny Pokemon. Hmm.

I'm also disappointed that they still are introducing weird Pokemon EX's that really shouldn't be EXs... Toxicroak and Magnezone... Magnezone has already been Lv. X and Prime... no need to make an EX of it... Toxicroak is just random and I have no idea what influence it has on this set or Kalos region. Nice to see evolved Pokemon as EX, but they really should be making EX's of Pokemon from this region. Here's to hoping that future sets don't repeat this pattern.

Edit: Wait... UR are in this set but just the Mega's with Gold Borders... >.>;; that's so... I liked shiny Pokemon better....

jigglysama said:
That Miltank is so amazing (asuming the translation is correct). Paired with the new Caterpie line it can easily dish 80 damage out of the bat with a single energy. :O

Wow an actual use for that evolution line! I hope they make a ruling so you can use Evosoda the turn you play caterpie or metapod.

Pyroar is definitely going to cause problems, but as it's anti-meta, I'm in love. I think fast decks like Plasma won't have too much trouble if they can keep the pressure on early and Knock Out Litleos. Obviously, a tech will be needed. Someone mentioned Glaceon which doesn't seem too terrible of an option at this point. Darkrai/Yveltal decks can recycle Laser so that won't be too much of an issue. Garbodor will go up in price and play. Empoleon might see more play. Heck, Garchomp might come back.

This'll be interesting.

You may Knock Out this Pokemon. If you do, select 3 basic Energy from your discard pile and attach them to 1 of your Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-EX). You may only use this ability once per turn.

I was so happy when I saw Milotic's ability, then I saw: "(excluding Pokémon-EX)"...

Golem's Explosion with Protect Cube = 150 damages for 2 Fighting and 2 Colorless energies, a little slow but interesting... 150 damages per turn with no recoil!

P.s. I was hoping to not see anymore weak attacks that required 3 energies of the same type (like in the Wizards era), like Magnezone's or Barbaracle's or Roserade's attacks...

Videoland said:
With so many UR and SR in the set, can we expect to get at least one per box?

Probably not. Pull Rates didn't seem to change much from BW with X and Y (if anything, FAs may have become slightly harder to pull, but that's anecdata), and there aren't more UR/SR cards in Wild Blaze than there were in later BW sets.

I just realized you could knock your own pokemon just by evolving one. The stage 2 fairy line has a stage 1 that increases the HP of grass pokemon by 20. Evolve that when one of your grass pokemon has 20HP left and you knocked out your own pokemon.

Don't know how this will come into play (or if it will ever come into play), but I thought it was interesting.

pokedan24 said:
I just realized you could knock your own pokemon just by evolving one. The stage 2 fairy line has a stage 1 that increases the HP of grass pokemon by 20. Evolve that when one of your grass pokemon has 20HP left and you knocked out your own pokemon.

Don't know how this will come into play (or if it will ever come into play), but I thought it was interesting.

Why don't you read over what you said a couple more times? +20 hp can't make you go from 20 to 0. The ability will make that pokemon have 40 hp remaining, and a new max of (lets say metapod is the grass type here) 90.

Carpey said:
pokedan24 said:

Why don't you read over what you said a couple more times? +20 hp can't make you go from 20 to 0. The ability will make that pokemon have 40 hp remaining, and a new max of (lets say metapod is the grass type here) 90.

...No? He was right.

Let's use your example of Metapod. Floette is in play, so Metapod's max HP is 90. He's saying if it had 20 HP left (meaning it had 70 damage on it), and you evolved Floette (which gets rid of the Ability), Metapod gets knocked out because it's max HP dropped back down to 70.

The only cards I see being remotely good in the format

Shiftry
Flare Up Charizard EX
Pyroar
Dusknoir
Floette
Prank Scoop
Sacred Ash
Surprise Megaphone
Protect Cube
Magnetic Storm
Lysandre
Both M-Charizard
Pal Pad

I'm think, running a stall deck with magnezone for the energy removal and draw power, then Luxray with the second turn discard, third turn wallop with protect cube, using a draw support each turn as well as a stall like team flare grunt, or cassius, or ghestis, Lysandre, basically stuff you wouldn't use usually, Luxray knocks out Sprite EXs, and most stage 2s, while also two hit KOing stage 3s along with getting rid of their draw support if they only have one supporter, also with muscleband a two hit KO on EXs with enough HP to last a hit from them, which hopefully they will get second move instead o first if the supporter stall is working, maybe run Magnezone EX if they are being elusive along with scramble switch for the energy conservation, with the benefit of only having to run electric. or have the same idea with Khanghaskan for big hits or florges for the draw support and slow all hitting damage, or Miltank with a muscleband if I plan to have magnezone up quickly, which i do. If anything its a fun idea that I would like to try. I just feel with all the tactical supporter we are getting along with complimentary items its a shame not to have a deck that abuses them.

I mean for example, lets say i'm set up and they have no energy left because I discarded it all with hammers and flare grunts. I could use the prank scoop( did anyone see you could use it on your own deck, I wonder how that will work) and see if their top deck is a draw support and if not use luxrays first attack to get rid of any supporter they might have in hand, crippling them. its a risk and convoluted but thinking about those kinds of situations is fun. I haven't even finished my kingdraninja deck or my Yveltal deck and Im already on to the next one.

Back