XY Will we be getting new evolutions?

pinsir_and_heracross.jpg

have you guys seen this?
pre-evolutions for heracross and pinsir.

Now that you mention it...This "advertisement" doesn't seem like something Pokemon would produce. It would most likely look like our X and Y comercial.

Darn, that Heracross pre-vo looked adorable. Too bad.

I'd love a Carnivine pre-vo and i'm still waiting on that Farfetch'd evo.

And speaking of Ninfia, you guys think it resembles maybe Skyla? For some reason it makes me think of a Heart Scale, but i'd hate for them to turn into another evo stone.

No generation was bad. What is wrong with the designs anyway? They all look appealing to me. Yes, I think we will be getting evolution's of Boufalant, Durant, Heatmor, Alomomola, and so on.

I kinda want a Dunsparce evolution and maybe even anohter Porygon evolution. Maybe Gen VI will give us something Kangaskhan related.

We'll probably be getting mostly Unova evolutions this time around, at least I hope we do. I'd be pretty interested in an evolution to Durant and/or Heatmor, and maybe an Audino evolution. And yes, definitely a Dunsparce evo. That poor thing has been neglected for too long.

^to continue with your Durant/Heatmor evo idea, I thought that maybe the Durant evo could have Heatproof to adapt to Heatmor's Fire, but maybe Heatmor could get Mold Breaker or something to counter Durant's Heatproof?

After I've read all comment in this thread, I think it't time for me and my speculations.

Eeveelutions: In my opinion, Sylveon may be either Dragon or Flying, or, if completely new type, then probably Rainbow or Light (and for the name, from what "element" is the "sylv" part? If from latin, then sylvestris means "wild"; silvestris mean "forest")?

Evolution and pre-evolution form other old Pokémon? I practically agree with Farfetch'd and with all the #12x Pokémon from Gen I (Mr. Mime, Sycther, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Tauros and Lapras) - it'd be interesting, if all of them have a "complete" both pre-evo and evo. Then, some of you say, that if Pinsir, then a Heracross too - why not?

It'd be nice, if a Weezing would have an evo, it could look quite 3D-symetrical Koffing with four heads connected in the middle (something like Metagross concept).
Then an Exeggutor evo finally with arms (it can have some branches with "coconuts fingers").

I thought about Victreebel, too. When a Gloom has an alt evo in Gen II, why not its "counterpart"?

Next, something like Nido-line - two "same" Pokémon with completely different genders and evos, maybe.

Evo for Parasect? Mabye. Golduck? Maybe. Primeape? No. Tentacruel? Maybe. Seaking? Yes. Starmie? Maybe.
But interesting would be, if we have an evo for Dugtrio or Dodrio with 5 heads/bodies. :-D And pre-evo for Kangaskhan.

From the 2nd Gen maybe evo for Sudowoodo, Magcargo, maybe Stantler or Donphan.

From the 3rd Gen maybe a "counterpart" for Absol (named like some corruption of "Cataclysm").

The idea with some Pokémon like "connector" of other two Pokémon (Luvdisc-Alomomola / Kingler-Crawdaunt) seems unlikely, but it may be interesting.

On the other note, if we can make some Pokémon to delete, I vote for Rhyperior, Lickylicky, Tangrowth, Yanmega, Spiritomb and other "unsuccesfull" evolutions/designs.

If there's anything that I hope for in the evolutionary department, I'm hoping for a badass version of Farfetch'd or Dunsparce. Just something to show up and go "WHAT NOW?". As for things that aren't as obscure, there definitely needs to be something to connect Luvdisc to Alomomola and there definitely needs to be an evolution for Sableye (poor little guy).

That image has been posted multiple times in this forum and is confirmed fake.

well they have already revealed a new eeveelution and the whole new mew thing whether it is a mewtwo form change or like a mewthree but we still need to see what comes next

Oh god...what if, for the first time, the generation is ENTIRELY new evolutions and new forms, with the exception of the starters and new legendaries?

Just crazy hypothesizing.

I don't know how I would feel.

Card Slinger J said:
King Arceus said:
That image has been posted multiple times in this forum and is confirmed fake.

It was? I didn't see any threads regarding that image until I posted it here...

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-list-of-fakes-and-unconfirmed-news-about-pokemon-x-and-y?pid=2414953#pid2414953
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-scan-of-a-jynx-evolution-fake-or-real?pid=2410896#pid2410896

Bogleech said:
Oh god...what if, for the first time, the generation is ENTIRELY new evolutions and new forms, with the exception of the starters and new legendaries?

Just crazy hypothesizing.

I don't know how I would feel.

I don't think even Trollfreak could do such a thing to us.

The only problem is, is that there are Pokemon that need evolutions (hi dunsparce), and some that don't. My only concern is that if such a thing was going to happen, the evolutions would have to be balanced out in terms of power.
Same with new formes- for the most part, a lot of legendaries (excluding the ones with sucky typings/movesets) have good stats/movepools. And let's face it, most legendaries don't need a new forme, they're fine already-design wise and moveset wise. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't actually know how they'd fit in the story - there's no more to Dialga that a new forme would warrant. It's the creator/controller of time. There's no real need for it.
Of course, you could use that exact same argument against me about Newtwo, but considering we know next to nothing about it yet there's not much to be said about it.

Back