• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Hammer Time (Malamar / Sableye / Bunnelby)

RazorX_83

Starmie's not ammused.
Pokemon: 14
  • 4-4 Malamar (AOR) (Inkay from ROS)
  • 4 Sableye (AOR)
  • 2 Bunnelby (PC #121)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 40
  • 2 Tierno
  • 2 Skyla
  • 2 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Xerosic
  • 2 Team Flare Grunt
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 Wally
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Level Ball
  • 4 Head Ringer
  • 4 Crushing Hammer
  • 3 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Switch
  • 1 Energy Switch
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Energy Retrieval
Energy: 6
  • 6 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

The main goal of this deck is discarding energy. You can recycle hammers or anything with Malamar or Bunnelby or you can use Xerosic/Team Flare Grunt to discard and use Sableye to use draw supporters.
If you Have any Questions on match ups, Techs, or anything let me know and I will answer. Please leave and thoughts, feedbacks, suggestions below! Thanks!

Translations of Malamar, Sableye, and Hex Maniac.

Malamar
- Darkness – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Inkay

[C] Entwining Control: Switch your opponent’s Active Pokemon with one of his or her Benched Pokemon. The new Active Pokemon is now Confused.

[D] Trash Tentacle: 30 damage. Search your discard pile for one card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

Sableye – Darkness – HP70
Basic Pokemon

[D] Captivating Eye: Choose a Supporter card in your opponent’s discard pile and use its effect as the effect of this attack.

[D][C] Silent Placement: Put 3 damage counters on your opponent’s Active Pokemon.

Weakness: none
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Hex Maniac – Trainer
Supporter

Until the end of your opponent’s next turn, each Pokemon in play, in each player’s hand, and in each player’s discard pile has no Abilities.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).

I'm curious why you don't play Juniper? It seems as if it should still be a given in any deck list.

I'm curious why you don't play Juniper? It seems as if it should still be a given in any deck list.
Probably because he is afraid of decking out, with the Trump Card Ban.

Wait, I just noticed: Sableye's first attack can do that, as long as there is a Sycamore in their discard.

It is true that I'm scared of decking out with the large amount of items i play but i also like to keep a large amount of hammers or disruption in my hand so i play tierno so it doesn't disturb my hand.

Craw dint PRC might help in getting rid of energies on your opponents active pokemon
It was in my original list i ran a 4-4 of it instead of the sableyes and bunnelbys but the problem i had was i would play AZ and super scoop up to recycle them but if the pokemon that has energy is on the bench then it is useless unless i lysandre it. With this list i can usually keep a steady stream of hammers going instead of worrying about all that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diggersby XY can put 2 item cards from your discard to your hand, I'd you like. ( for two colorless energy, though)

Diggersby XY can put 2 item cards from your discard to your hand, I'd you like. ( for two colorless energy, though)

But bunnelby can already do that, for one, though it does it to the deck, so needs searching out. Plus, with evolution, you miss the ancient trait and the milling too

But bunnelby can already do that, for one, though it does it to the deck, so needs searching out. Plus, with evolution, you miss the ancient trait and the milling too
Ive tried a bunnely deck but it isnt for me it would just be like a back up sorta deal in a diggersby deck. it could work but i think ill stick with malamar so that i can do damage and itll last through rotations.

It is true that I'm scared of decking out with the large amount of items i play but i also like to keep a large amount of hammers or disruption in my hand so i play tierno so it doesn't disturb my hand.

I feel your pain; sometimes I wish there was a better straight draw Supporter in format. Ya know, if you have all of that stuff in your hand, you don't have to play the Juniper just because it's in your hand. I know it's probably not the same, but I played Seismitoad Crawdaunt a lot over the summer, and usually if I had a hand full of hammers, it was a good hand. Personally, I'd still include Juniper in the deck; it's really nice to get you going at the start of the game, and if you get to where your deck's pretty thin, or you have good stuff in your hand, just don't play it or maybe also play Birch / Shauna so you can at least replenish your deck somewhat.

I feel your pain; sometimes I wish there was a better straight draw Supporter in format. Ya know, if you have all of that stuff in your hand, you don't have to play the Juniper just because it's in your hand. I know it's probably not the same, but I played Seismitoad Crawdaunt a lot over the summer, and usually if I had a hand full of hammers, it was a good hand. Personally, I'd still include Juniper in the deck; it's really nice to get you going at the start of the game, and if you get to where your deck's pretty thin, or you have good stuff in your hand, just don't play it or maybe also play Birch / Shauna so you can at least replenish your deck somewhat.
The whole idea for making disruptive decks came from a seismitoad crawdaunt deck that i saw on youtube. I'll try some different draw cards out and see what i think.

I played a toad/daunt deck similar to this, your main problem is unless you opt for a wailord like strategy where you just don't give up prizes (hard with so many low hp pokemon) most decks will have something at least that can one or two shot your stuff, and if you hit item or ability lock then you will just loose hard.

You need an alternate win condition other than just decking them out. Maybe 1 or 2 Malamar EX would be a useful addition for the sleep ability, just to really dig it in when and if you can't energy lock something properly. Malamar isn't the best attacker but if you build up four or five energies you can put some serious mid to late game pressure on an opponent who has no energy to strike back with. Failing that any half decent low cost attacker you like. But you need something to pressure. Maybe sharpedo EX, although traditionally a bit crap, if they do manage to get something powered up you can hunt something with no energy onto the bench while you deal with the energy on their main attacker and sharpedo can pressure on a weak basic, or stage two non combatant like bronzong which is a hard counter to this deck and quite popular.

TL;DR Energy destruction without added pressure is worthless even if Deck Out is your main win condition.

I played a toad/daunt deck similar to this, your main problem is unless you opt for a wailord like strategy where you just don't give up prizes (hard with so many low hp pokemon) most decks will have something at least that can one or two shot your stuff, and if you hit item or ability lock then you will just loose hard.

You need an alternate win condition other than just decking them out. Maybe 1 or 2 Malamar EX would be a useful addition for the sleep ability, just to really dig it in when and if you can't energy lock something properly. Malamar isn't the best attacker but if you build up four or five energies you can put some serious mid to late game pressure on an opponent who has no energy to strike back with. Failing that any half decent low cost attacker you like. But you need something to pressure. Maybe sharpedo EX, although traditionally a bit crap, if they do manage to get something powered up you can hunt something with no energy onto the bench while you deal with the energy on their main attacker and sharpedo can pressure on a weak basic, or stage two non combatant like bronzong which is a hard counter to this deck and quite popular.

TL;DR Energy destruction without added pressure is worthless even if Deck Out is your main win condition.
a wailord variant sounds interesting... that might be something to work on, would you happen to have any ideas?

I don't think a wailord variant would work, too much effort switching things out so you can bring things back with attacks, I was using it as an example that the only really impressive deck out deck of the season has relied on unkillable pokemon. You don't have that in your deck so you need to keep pressure on their active.

That diggersby sounds amazing ! That's almost like junk hunt sableye same with malamar.i was trying to do something like this myself. I really like red card and the new aor rotom with a trick coin. Make them draw 4 and flip 6 coins to discard 3 of their cards lol

Back