• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: MegaRoar (Manectric-EX / Pyroar PHF)

Mimoso

Politically Incorrect TCG Theorist
Really committed in making this deck work as I believe the sound strategy behind it is sweet and swift, but I need help putting together my list and optmizing its performance, which I believe is yet sub-par:

Pokémon: 12
  • 3 Manectric-EX
  • 2 M Manectric-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
  • 2 Litleo
  • 2 Pyroar (Flare Command)
  • 1x Hoopa-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
  • 4 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 1 Xerosic
  • 1 AZ
  • 1 Cassius
  • 1 Hex Maniac
  • 2 Head Ringer
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Acro Bike
  • 2 Mega Turbo
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 2 Manectric Spirit Link
  • 3 Target Whistle
  • 1 Enhanced Hammer
  • 1 Sacred Ash
  • 1 Switch
  • 3 Rough Seas
Energy: 10
  • 6 Lightning Energy
  • 4 Fire Energy
Strategy:

As you could tell, the idea is using Pyroar as non-stop Lysandre to target opponent's fragile, supporting or key pokémon and bring them down as soon as possible with a fast attacker like Manectric. The Mega version uses its Turbo Bolt to restore fire energy back to Pyroar and/or powering up other Manectrics. For that, the deck needs to get running early, and Hoopa does the job getting the Megaman line and a Shaymin or two. I have, in my testing, however, faced many difficulties getting the theory into practice and while I have many burn-through-the-deck solutions, it isn't as fluid as I'd thought (maybe getting 4 sycamores in my hand for 2 games in a row didn't help). But I'm determined that an Anti-Shaymin deck such as this will definitely impact the format. Any ideas or suggestions are surely welcomed.

You could try taking out Cassius, 2 across bikes, and the hammer, for 4 battle compressor. It makes Manectric stronger, as well as VS Seeker.

This would allow your easier access to the 1 of supporters and energy to turbo bolt back on.

Back