• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Vespiquen / Flareon

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
Pokemon: 23
  • 4 Combee
  • 4 Vespiquen
  • 4 Eevee (FFI)
  • 2 Flareon (AOR)
  • 2 Jolteon (AOR)
  • 2 Shaymin EX
  • 3 Unown
  • 2 Swampert (Diving Search)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 29
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 3 Level Ball
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 2 Muscle Band
  • 3 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 1 Escape Rope
  • 2 Professor Birch's Observations
  • 3 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Archie's Ace in the Hole
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 3 Giant Plant Forest
Energy: 8
  • 4 Double Colorless Energy
  • 2 Fire Energy
  • 2 Lightning Energy
Strategy:

This deck is basically the rebirth of Flareon. The idea is use Giant Plant Forest to get a Vespiquen up, discard Pokemon with Battle Compressor/Sycamore, and use the appropriate Eeveelutions to hit for weakness and get early OHKOs. I didn't include Vaporeon because fire has a very small presence in the current metagame, and if you happen to face a fire matchup, Jolteon + Flash Energy will eliminate your weakness. With the Eeveelutions on the bench, Vespiquen only needs nine Pokemon in the discard, or seven with a Muscle Band, to OHKO M Rayquaza and M Sceptile, which will be very common. The Swamperts are Battle Compressor fodder that can also be used for draw power. For example, you use Archie's Ace in the Hole to get Swampert onto your bench. You use its ability to get a card onto the top of your deck, then discard an Unown from your bench, getting you that card and another Pokemon in the discard to power up Bee Revenge.
The main flaw I see in my list is it seems too easy to start with a Pokemon other than Combee stuck in the active spot. Any comments that address this and any other issues you see would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, your deck list is over all pretty solid, but here's my opinion on some of the card choices. Vespiquen is already really fragile at 90 HP, so I don't think running flash energy will help you all that much, maybe run basic energy instead so you can evolve Eevee faster and be able to work around Aegislash-EX. I also suggest running some Ultra balls as well to search out Shaymin-EX, you can also discard unneeded pokemon in the process. I also think a Lysandre would be good in here. Also you can include an escape rope or switch to switch out any useless pokemon you might start with. So maybe something like this:
-4 Flash Energy
-1 Giant Plant Forest
-1 Level Ball
-1 Professor Birch's Observations
-1 Professor Sycamore

+2 Fire Energy
+2 Lightning Energy
+2 Ultra Ball
+1 Escape Rope/Switch
+1 Lysandre

I've been testinging a similar list for a while now and it has been working very well for me. Hope this helps :)

Thanks for the advice! I didn't even think about facing Aegislash-EX, so good catch there. I agree that I probably don't need the Flash Energy since the only thing it would be helpful against is Charizard-EX (which will probably see even less play than this season). I'll edit the OP.

If you don't want to start with combee, you can level ball for vespiquen, use giant plant forest to evolve first turn, and retreat to something else. Revive might also help your unown draw power.

Hi! I like 1 Black Smith in this deck because with Flareon all your stage 1 Pokes are fire types. Its good energy accelration and helps with Aegilah EX because you get basic energies on Vespiquen much easier.

I would do these changes
-2 Lighting Energy

+1 Blacksmith
+1 Fire Energy

I really like ^victiny^'s idea with Blacksmith, but I really want to keep the Lightning Energy to get Jolteon faster. If you have any other suggestions of what to cut that would be great. As for dialga586's point, I'll have to do some testing and see which I prefer.

Question about testing: When you guys test, do you just print a bunch of proxies and run it against decks (can't do TCGONE since the cards are unreleased), or is there an easier way? Thanks!

Maybe you can take Archie and Lighting Energy or Archie and Swampert for fire and Blacksmith

I think you could make it a 1-1 Archie's Swampert and add an unknown and a Muscle Band.

Argh there are so many cards I wish I could add! I'll probably have to do some playtesting before I make any more changes. I'll keep you guys updated.

Aegislash ex might help against a lot of things. You can deal 40 damage per turn (60 with muscle band) while your opponent deals zero. Unless they don't run special energies or have silent lab or use hex maniac. Also, you might want to include Vaporeon, now that you don't have Flash energy. Just in case you run into Pyroar or Charizard ex

Last edited:
While the idea is nice, with all the cards that stop Mighty Sheild you mentioned being fairly common, I fear it would just serve to clog up the deck.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think there are any water weak threats post rotation, barring Charizard-EX.

I'll hold off for now until I see how common Pyroar is, then I'll add some Vaporeon if it's common.

I actually disagree on that point. M Sceptile-EX and Vespiquen are both Evolved Pokemon, so they could still damage Pyroar. Furthermore, both can one shot Pyroar with relative ease, where Pyroar cannot OHKO M Sceptile and could one shot Vespiquen even without weakness, which eliminates the need for Flash Energy.

I actually disagree on that point. M Sceptile-EX and Vespiquen are both Evolved Pokemon, so they could still damage Pyroar. Furthermore, both can one shot Pyroar with relative ease, where Pyroar cannot OHKO M Sceptile and could one shot Vespiquen even without weakness, which eliminates the need for Flash Energy.

Pyroar can actually one shot M Sceptile EX with a Muscle Band attached.

Back