• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format XY-On: Vespiquen / Flareon

wait

you can get a swampert onto the bench without a mudkip/marshtomp using archie's acehole?

that's a little broken

Well first you have to have Swampert in the discard, and Archie's must be the only card in your hand, so the skill and luck required to pull it off balances it out.

Good point, I had forgotten about that. However, my point about Pyroar already OHKOing Vespiquen still stands.

Yes, but the idea of including Vaporeon is to be able to OHKO Pyroar or Charizard with as little Pokemon in your discard as possible, not being able to withstand a KO.

So if you manage to have one discarded and only 1 card in your hand, you can get a P-Kyogre EX onto your bench without a basic EX, spirit link or wasting a turn?

Yes. You can also do that to P-Groudon EX with Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick.

Yes, but the idea of including Vaporeon is to be able to OHKO Pyroar or Charizard with as little Pokemon in your discard as possible, not being able to withstand a KO.

Oops I didn't think there. Like I said before, though, I'm just gonna wait and see how the metagame plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oops I didn't think there. Like I said before, though, I'm just gonna wait and see how the metagame plays out.

Pretty sure the validity of pyroar came up in another deck thread but TLDR ~ the deck is pretty much dead with all these megas around.

And even if you come across such a deck, you can just use vespiquen to knock it out :p. You shouldnt need weakness to hit 110. If fire becomes popular in 2016 then vap. may be worth the 1-2 spots.

Back