• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

YANMEGATRON (Yanmega & Magnezone) [HGSS-on]

xPOKEFREAK72x

Aspiring Trainer
Hi everybody.
Please help me with this deck to make it the best it can be for my local tournaments and Grinders for World Championships. Post any comments/questions/changes you have regarding my list. Thanks.

Pokemon (22):
3-1-3 Magnezone Prime (TR-TR-TR)
3-3 Yanmega Prime (TR-TR)
2-1-2 Kingdra Prime (UL-UL-UL)
1 Pachirisu (CL)
2 Cleffa (CL)
1 Tyrogue (CL)

T/S/S (24):
4 Rare Candy (UL)
4 Pokemon Communication (HS)
3 Switch (BW)
3 Junk Arm (TR)
4 Pokemon Collector (HS)
3 Judge (UL)
3 Copycat (CL)
3 Sage's Training (CL)
1 Twins (TR)

Energy (10):
6 Lightning Energy (HS)
2 Rainbow Energy (HS)
2 Rescue Energy (TR)

Total Cards (60)

Strategy:
Try to get an advantage early with Yanmega, while setting up 1-2 Magnezone and 1-2 Kingdra on the bench. Sweep from there.

Options:
Here are some cards I could use in my deck:
~No Kingdra
~Manaphy UL
~4-4 Yanmega

Changes:
N/A

Thank you in advance.

hmm..
I don't like kingdra in my Magnezone and Yanmega deck..

if I were you, I'll drop kingdra line, and add Lanturn prime line..
why lanturn? it is one shoot, Reshiram, Donphan, Yanmega, Samurot, and Blastoise..

so.. you can drop
- 2-1-2 kingdra

and add 2-2 or 3-3 Lanturn prime.. and you can change rainbow energy to DCE, if you add lanturn..

and more sugestion.. add couple Plus power.. it will help a lot..
if you add plus power, drop sage training and a switch and max out judge and copicat (you don't need sage, since you already run 3 magnezone, your deck will dry quickly)

no.

keep the kingdra, it wins games. especially mirror
also, take out a cleffa for a manaphy...3 babies is too risky
since you don't have that many lightning nrg...drop the pachi..you'll rarely get a chance to use it
- cleffa
- pachi
- 2 switch
+ 3 reversal
+ 1 manaphy

also try to fit in a rachi <3 since you run rainbow ;p

Yeah, I like Kingdra. I will try reversal and Manaphy out, see how that goes.
But only 1 Manaphy? not 2?

Whats a rachi?

I like the list. I've been testing this out for the past few days and I like the deck quite a bit.

I would take out a switch and a collector for two PONTs.

I'd cut all the Sage's Training for Juniper's (I like them quite a bit).

rachi is jirachi

and juniper is really bad in stage 2 decks when you're gonna have a lot of lines in your hand..sage is far superior to grab the missing piece for the stage2/candy combo that you need..and don't use pont in a yanmega deck >.< but make sure to keep 4 collector for consistency ;D

@ AlphaX- Read idrumprettywell's post.

@ idrumprettywell- Duh, I knew that :p.

I agree with everything you said in the above post. Good job, lol.
What do you think about this?
-1 Tyrogue (?)
-1 Switch
-1 Pachi
-2 Cleffa
+2 Manaphy
+1 Jirachi
+2 Reversal

LMK. Thanks.

Never had a problem with Juniper, at all. At least you know what you'll be discarding with it and not putting, what I consider, a harder position by not knowing what five you're pulling by using the Sage. I could Live with four collector, I just really hate it when I have everything already and no junk arm.

i'm actually a big fan of tyrogue..it can give you a HUGE advantage in b2/3 and donks pretty easily. also, 2 manaphy is the SAFE play...but 1/1 cleffa/manaphy is good when you start like horsea/magnemite and you can't attach 2 nrg a turn.. but i think 2 manaphy might be fine if you run 2 switch. i like the list though :)

I cannot see how this deck face reshiboar or reshiplosion, if you didn't put laturn in it..

reshiram variant can one hit KO your yanmega, and with plus power your magnezone and kingdra too..
while you need 2 turn with yanmega and 3 turn magnezone to KO their reshiram..

can you share the strategy if you face reshi variant? :)

how is lanturn a viable reshiram counter? they just one shot you back and you waste 3 nrg (you don't even run dce...) and the 2 retreat sucks

No offense, but I'm not putting Lanturn in. I really don't see the point of it.

What do you think about this then:
-1 Switch
-1 Pachi
-1 Cleffa
+1 Manaphy
+1 Jirachi
+1 ________ (I don't know what else to put and I don't think running 1 Reversal or Circulator is very smart...)

Why not play a 1 of Trainer? You have Junk Arm to reuse it, so take advantage of that.

dmaster out.

Both are extremely good in this kind of deck. I know Circulator is an option as well, however, I haven't tested with it yet.

Plus Power in theory would help you more against something like opposing Yanmegas and Donphans. Yanmega Prime can already snipe, so Reversal becomes less of an issue with that. I would personally say test with what you think is more useful.

dmaster out.

I know this might sound wierd but, instead of Sage's Training or Professor Juniper, why not try Research Record? I have yet to test Research Record with Magnezone prime but, let's say you can only use Magnetic Draw for two cards, Research Record would work like Sage's Training but better because you are not wasting your suppoter for the turn AND you don't have to discard anything. Please test this because I'm very interested to see if this would work.

Back