• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal Charm (Yveltal EX / Hard Charm)

Bruno Guerra Sermann

Aspiring Trainer
Original List

Pokemon: 10
1x Darkrai EX
2x Yveltal XY
3x Yveltal EX
1x Sesmitoad EX
1x Mewtwo EX
1x Keldeo EX
1x Jirachi EX

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 38
1x Computer Search
3x Energy Switch
1x Switch
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Ultra Ball
2x Colress
2x Lysandre
4x N
4x Professor Sycamore
2x VS Seeker
1x Startling Megaphone
3x Muscle Band
3x Hard Charm
2x Virbank
2x Shadow Circle
2x Max Potion

Energy: 12
4x DCE
8x Darkness Energy

Updated List 1

1x Darkrai EX
3x Baby Yveltal
3x Yveltal EX
1x Sesmitoad EX
1x Mewtwo EX
1x Jirachi EX

1x Computer Search
2x Energy Switch
1x Switch
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Ultra Ball
2x Colress
2x Lysandre
4x N
4x Professor Sycamore
2x Skyla
2x VS Seeker
3x Muscle Band
3x Hard Charm
2x Virbank
1x Shadow Circle
1x Max Potion
1x Head Ringer
1x Jamming Net

4x DCE
8x Darkness Energy

Updated List 2

1x Darkrai EX
3x Yveltal XY
3x Yveltal EX
2x Siesmitoad EX
1x Spiritomb

1x Scoop up Cyclone/Downsing Machine (Will test)
2x Energy Switch
1x Escape Rope
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Ultra Ball
2x Colress
2x Lysandre
4x N
4x Professor Sycamore
2x Skyla
2x VS Seeker
3x Muscle Band
3x Hard Charm
2x Virbank City Gym
1x Shadow Circle
1x Head Ringer
2x Jamming Net

4x DCE
8x Darkness Energy

Strategy:

Begin with baby Yveltal to power up Yveltal Ex/Darcrai EX. Use hard charm in matchups like donphan and virgen, use Y Cyclone move the energys for a new attacker, and max potion. I dont speak veryy well english so am sorry for the short description hahahahah

Hi Bruno Guerra Sermann,

Nice deck. Consider these modifications:

- 1 Mewtwo EX (Yveltal Ex does the same but better and [P] weakness is not that common anymore)
- 1 Keldeo EX (status locks do not seem to be that common anymore so he is not needed)
- 1 Jirachi EX (personal preference but I never liked him much)
- 1 Shadow Circle (with Dowsing you can retrieve it)
- 1 Max Potion (one should be sufficient without M Manectric Ex)
- 3 Energy Switch (needed the etxra room and did not work that well for me)

+ 1 Spiritomb (nice tech versus VirGen)
+ 1 Baby Yveltal (three to have good acceleration and a good big basic non-Ex)
+ 1 Escape Rope (nice switching card versus Donphan)
+ 1 Vs Seeker (whenever possible you want three; that card is real flexible)
+ 2 Head Ringer (nice disruption card which also boosts Evil Ball at the same time)
+ 2 Skyla (great search card and increases your supporter count to 14)

Depending on how you want to play the deck and your local metagame use either Dowsing Maschine or Scoop Up Cyclone. Hope this provides some initial assistance.

I played 3 games today, won against Manectric and Virgen but lost agaisnt Bronzong/Dialga. Isntead of another Head Ringer, I put a Jamming net , its good for Dialga doesn't OHKO Yveltal.

Thanks for the help Dark Espeon,

THIRTEEN

For Pyroar i go with lasers/virbank + toad

Bruno Guerra Sermann said:
I made some changes...

1x Darkrai EX
3x Baby Yveltal
3x Yveltal EX
1x Sesmitoad EX
1x Mewtwo EX
1x Jirachi EX
1x Computer Search
2x Energy Switch
1x Switch
3x Hypnotoxic Laser
3x Ultra Ball
2x Colress
2x Lysandre
4x N
4x Professor Sycamore
2x Skyla
2x VS Seeker
3x Muscle Band
3x Hard Charm
2x Virbank
1x Shadow Circle
1x Max Potion
1x Head Ringer(I don’t have two :()
1x Jamming Net(Its very good)
4 DCE
8 Darkness Energy

I played 3 games today, won against Manectric and Virgen but lost agaisnt Bronzong/Dialga. Isntead of another Head Ringer, I put a Jamming net , its good for Dialga doesn't OHKO Yveltal.

Thanks for the help Dark Espeon,

THIRTEEN

For Pyroar i go with lasers/virbank + toad

The only problem with using the 'Toad against Pyroar is that 'Toad is an EX so its still basic despite its two previous evolutions needing to occur normally.

@Thirteen: In some local metas, Pyroar is starting to die out. In my local meta, for example, the only threats are VirGen and Yveltal/Seismitoad. There is really only one player that I can think of off hand that normally plays Pyroar. My strategy with my Night March deck can possibly beat Pyroar given the ability to KO Charizard and Mewtwo EX with ease, taking four prizes. The only reason that Pyroar couldn't be beaten with this deck is because the Lysander were not played correctly or the opponent chooses not to bench is other Pokemon and goes straight Pyroar.

LoneWolf2113 said:
The only problem with using the 'Toad against Pyroar is that 'Toad is an EX so its still basic despite its two previous evolutions needing to occur normally.

That's why you try to attack with it early game so you can disrupt their set up as much as possible while KO'ing Litleos with ease. Ideally you'd be able to actually damage Pyroar with Seismitoad, but I don't think it's worth actually teching for considering how few people play (at least from what I've seen).

Pyroar is too easy to play around with the current meta so i wouldn't worry about too much. Dialga you just need to stay ahead and have a backup attacker ready to go (flare tool on keldeo works quite nicely if the opponent is using it).
For consistency I'd suggest
-1 Computer Search
-1 Mewtwo EX
-1 Shadow Circle
-1 max potion

+1 Scoop Up Cyclone: can get you out of Jirachi start if you have an ultra ball in hand and also gets you a supporter but not as critical as computer search
+1 Spiritomb LTR: stops ace spec cards locking out game changers like g-booster or scramble switch (downside it locks both players from using ace spec cards, hence the less critical ace spec
+1 Seismitoad EX: decreases chances of having all of your Seismitoads prized against Pyroar
+1 Head Ringer/Jamming Net: I realize that you might not have these but they would be worth investing in because of how much they can stall decks like Virizion Genesect or Dialga/Metal Links. A head ringer on a Virizion EX could potentially ruin someone's day.

A variant of this deck won the last city championship in my area and also took either 3rd or 4th. It's very effective at what it does and gives both Donphan and Virizion/Genesect too many issues to deal with over the course of the day. Those decks are where i'm getting these suggestions from.

I update the list in the first post.

joleson490.
Thanks for the help! Don't use any Shadow Circle? Against Manectric and Virgen it could save me some times.

I took of a muscle band to fit another Jamming Net, but doing that doens't make me happy kkkkkk

Hi Bruno Guerra Sermann,

Nice list. All i would do is this:

- 1 Jirachi (12 draw and search supporters suffice and he is an easy price)
+1 Muscle Band (will be needed)

Since two Lysandre and at least two Vs Seekers and one Escape Rope became a standard built the tech Jirachi seems less and less usefull to me. In matches he is often the last two prices I am drawing.

Bruno Guerra Sermann said:
Dark Espeon

Yeah I'll do that!

And 1x Professor Letter? It could help to discard the energys with ultra ball and oblivion wing then back.

@Bruno Guerra Sermann,

Regardless of the acceleration, most decks, even Yveltal which runs entirely off of the quantity of energy, only play at most 1 Professor's Letter. While it is good search, providing the energy of 2 Energy Search, it is very likely that a Juniper, N, or Colress for a sizable hand will provide at least 1 energy since Yveltal runs usually 11 or 12 energy.

Hope this helps,
LoneWolf2113

With all of the donphan shenanigans in the meta right now you shouldn't have to worry about manectric that much. As for Virizion Genesect, the deck is built to counter Virizion Genesect so that should be too much of a problem. If you get stuck with seismitoad then with scoop up cyclone you can pick it up and grind away with yveltal.

Back