Discussion Yveltal EX -- How to Beat

kai88

THE Aspiring Trainer ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm just curious, how do you beat Yveltal EX..?

It's really popular for expanded, and I don't know what deck to play, or the metagame in full detail. Any help would be appreciated. So far I have the following I can play:

toad tina
Night March (no Archeops)
toad variants
trevgar
Raichu bats
Hippowdon

Make a choice and an explanation. I know it's a lot to ask for, but please help me.

kai

Splash Dedenne (FUF)? Most Yveltal decks aren't running Shadow Circle, so for a colorless you have a hard counter that hits for weakness.

Manectric EX has a fair match-up against Yveltal EX. Night March Pokémon won't last very long against Evil Ball. With Assault Laser you can easily knock out Yveltal. Run Head Ringer to make Evil ball more costly and to make sure Yveltal has a tool attached. Also run Rough Seas to make Manectric last longer. (And perhaps to get rid of Shadow Ring but it rarely sees play)

Toad/tina versus yveltal in expanded, yveltal goes 2-0, the fact that it takes no time to get yveltal to hit for 100, and your going to stack 4 energy onto your major attacker, or come up with a weaker attacker and get hit for larger dmg is a bad trade off.

I don't have an actual answer to this other then to out play your opponent, though primal groudon, mega rayquaza colourless, vespiquen/flareon, tyrantrum, archies stoise (Black kyurem EX tech), Donphan, etc, so many decks can beat yveltal on dmg output, speed, and consistency, it's not an entirely impossible matchup.

Back