• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Yveltal / Noivern

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlynam90

Aspiring Trainer
Experience: Novice

Pokemon: (18)

• 4 Yveltal
    3 Yveltal EX
    2 Noibat(XY Trainer Kit)
    2 Noivern(XY Trainer Kit)
    1 Darkrai EX
    1 Mewtwo EX
    2 Mew EX
    1 Mr. Mime(bench protection)
    2 Kangaskan(search)
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: (31)

• 4 Professor Sycamore
    1 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Level Ball
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Professor's Letter
    3 Skyla
    3 N
    3 Colress
    2 Shauna
    3 Shadow Circle
    2 Evosoda
    1 Super Rod
Energy: (11)

• 4 Rainbow Energy
    3 Prism Energy
    2 Dark Energy
    2 Psychic Energy

I'm not a very good deck builder and I'm don't know if I'm a good player or not since there is not anyone around here to compete with, however, I do want to compete in tournaments, I want your opinion on this deck and if you would change anything it. I'm not sure of a certain strategy for this, I just took some of my favorite cards and put them together and added some support. Please feel free to help me out with this deck. Thank you so much.

Edited to coincide with the rules! :D ~Kecleon

RE: yveltal/noivern

Noibat
(C) Supersonic: Flip a coin. If heads, your opponent's active pokemon is now confused.
(C)(C)(C) Wing Attack: Does 30 damage.

Noivern
(C)(C) Second Bite: Does 20+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent's active pokemon.
(P)(D)(C) Sonic Bazooka: Does 60+ damage. Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage and your opponent's active pokemon is now confused.

I dont see those cards helping you out that greatly. You also dont need so many rainbow and prism energy. I would replace those completly with dark energy. The only pokemon that would need psychic energy is Mr. Mime but you will most likely not attack with him anyways.

-2 noibat
-2 noivern
-4 rainbow energy
-3 prism energy
-2 shadow cirlce ( its very circumstantial)
- 2 mew Ex ( it gets knocked out really easily)

+ 2 Zoura
+ 2 Zoroark
+ 6 Dark energy
+ 3 Hypnotoxic Lasers
+ 2 Virbank city Gym

You can but yveltal EX in there you wont really need Mewtwo EX. Yveltal EX evil ball is better than X ball.

Are the Zoura and Zoroark both from x and y? Can you see this deck becoming competitive?

The Zoura and Zoroark are from older sets. You want the zoura that has the accension attack and the Zoroark with foul play attack I dont remember exactly which one. It could be compettive, it really depends on what the people around your area play.

Im not sure im from michigan. You can go on the pokemon website in the trading card game section and go to find an event. Im sure there are leagues or something going on in Bama

Why not just use Dunsparce?
It has Second Bite 10+ This attack does 10 more damage for each damage counter on your opponent's active pokemon.
It's Basic. Would be faster to use.

From your original post I can see it being a decent deck if you just used the other Noivern from Furious Fist (here). You can use baby Yveltal to power him up then Start spreading the damage around whil possibly avoiding all damage with his ability. Yveltal EX can come in for easy sweeps after. Here is a deck list I think you could do good with.

Pokemon: 14
4 Yveltal (Energy Accelerator)
3 Yveltal EX (Power Hitter)
3 Noibat
3 Noivern (Spread and Stall)
1 Mr. Mime (bench protection)

Trainers: 32
4 Professor Sycamore
4 N
3 Skyla
2 Colress
1 Lysandre
4 Ultra Ball
2 Professor's Letter
3 Shadow Circle
3 Energy Switch
2 Switch
2 Escape Rope
3 Rocky Helmet
1 Dowsing Machine

Energy: 12
9 Dark
3 Psychic

Of course you want to start with baby Yveltal and start accelerating to Noivern. Rocky Helmet will help get damage going while you possibly avoid attacks with the ability. Escape Rope is for tricking the opponent, Energy Switch is for Yveltal EX boosting or getting another Noivern going. This deck is also tournament legal as your last version was not. Good luck and if you want to find some local leagues and stuff go here.

Ack! The Thread Necromancer strikes again on thine belov'd! O! O! O how this thread was so active, so much enjoy'd by thee, why dost thou take its image and make it a Threadgr? Woe is me! Woe is me! Such behavior had not been oft of late, and now this shambling corpse is before me, snapping at the air with yonder filed teeth. I cannot allow this to continue! I mustn't allow another to be made with a thread once so peacefully laid to rest!

Yes! Yes! I shall use my Kido to eliminate the creature before it strikes again! Halt, yonder beast, foul shade, evil undeath! Thine so foul before me, rest forevermore in the grave you once called, "Home"!

Hado number one! Sai!

*Thread becomes locked because thread necromancy is against the rules*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back