ZektrikEX Needs Help...

Eradeus

Psychic Card Collector
I'm fairly new to the meta game, so be kind.

I have had some thoughts about basing a deck around ZekromEx as the main attacker and Zekrom/MewtwoEx as support attacker. With Thundurus/Eelz acceleration.

2 Thundurus
2 Zekrom
2 Zekrom EX
(2/1)-3 Eelektrik
1 Cyrogonal
1 Shaymin
2 Mewtwo Ex
2-2 Dodrio

20 Pokemon (Raikou Ex possibly in the future)

3 Pokemon Collector
3 PONT
4 Sages

3 Eviolites
3 Catcher
3 Junk Arm
2 Level Ball
2 Pokemon Communication

23 Trainers

11 {L}
3 {C}{C}
3 Prism

17 Energy

The focus for t1/2 would be having Thundurus to start off with. Drawing energy from the deck. Drawing out as many energies as I can. A shaymin before I get KOd to move all my energies to a Zekrom Ex.

Using Thundurus to pull energy from my deck early game. One shaymin can swap over all the energy to a Zekrom ex, bring him up and discard energy with 2nd attack. Only to bring it back with eelz on a second benched ZekromEx or Zekrom/MewtwoEx. Dodrio to switch to a fully charged Zekrom/MewtwoEx, and recharge the first one.

The Prisms can work as lightning or water for Cyro as a donphan/any fighting pokemon counter. The Collector can call up any of the pokemon I need because theyre all basic and so the reason for the Eviolites.

I would like this list finalized by Saturday because I want to start running it this weekend. If you can help with getting the flow of it right, I would greatly appreciate it.

**Yes, I'm missing the Mewtwo Ex's atm. I will play an extra Collector/Catcher in the mean time.

I think that it would help to add maybe 1 poke on communication. I'd suggest cutting a thundurus because usually it would be out by T1, and 3 is not very necessary. I think that the eelektriks seem enough fine, and to cut 1 shaymin, since all the energy should be easily set up, though its just my opinion.

I would cut Pachi & Shaymin all together. That's 2 dead bench sitters that are going to be sitting there until they are catchered up for easy prizes. Eel decks have great energy acceleration as it is, so they are a little unnecessary. One shaymin might be okay just as a tech, but that'd be about it in my opinion.

I think that there needs to be more switches or a dodrio line because eelektrik can only work on bench pokemon. Junk arm helps a little, but it probably will be used the most on catchers. I think a 4-4 line of eelektrik could help too since they will be catcher bait and will probably be KOd early in the game.

So i've added too much acceleration? You may be right. Eels seem to work well enough. So if I only use them to add nrg then I will need more switches to power up my benched secondary attacker back and forth. This is what I will do.

-2 Pachi
-1 Shaymin
-1 Thundurus
-2 switches

+2 Doduo
+2 Dodrio
+2 Pokemon Communications

What about a few Energy Switches just in case? You could use Eelektrik to get an energy on the bench and slap down an Energy Switch to get it on the active. Just as a back up plan or faster acceleration or something. I am building a deck similar to yours and I am considering using these cards, so I thought I'd pass the idea on to you as well. Maybe you could take out a few energy to make room if you still plan on running 17 energy.

-1 Cyrogonal
-3 Prism energy
+1 Collector
+2 Pokemon Communication
+1 DCE

Cyrogonal doesn't serve much purpose besides as a donphan counter, and that is hardly even played anymore, not to mention that in practicality it isn't a great counter anyways. You don't need prism energies since you shouldn't need to use Mewtwo's second attack, ever. 4-4 Collector/communication is essentially a staple in any deck. DCE powers up all 3 of your main attackers quite nicely, there is no reason not to max it.

I was looking at your list again and noticed that you had 3 DCE's in there. I'm going to agree with Captain Oats and say max those out. They can really help out with powering your Mewtwo and Zekrom and Zekrom EX. It's a card you'll want to have consistency with. So if it were my deck, I'd play-test this to see how it works:
- 2/3 Prism Energy (Mewtwo shouldn't need to use his second attack, but if you really want to, keep one of these in.)
+ 1 DCE
+ 1/2 Lightning energy

Back