• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde Gallade

Kingta

Aspiring Trainer
1 Zygarde (FCO 52)
2 Regirock-EX (FCO 43)
1 Hoopa-EX (AOR 36)
2 Tapu Lele-GX (SM2 60)
2 Shaymin-EX (ROS 77)
4 Zygarde-EX (FCO 54)
2 Gallade (BKT 84)
1 Carbink (FCO 49)

2 Strong Energy (FCO 115)
8 Fighting Energy (GEN 80)

3 Brooklet Hill (SM2 120)
2 Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick (PCL 133)
3 Trainers' Mail (AOR 100)
3 Professor Sycamore (BKP 107)
4 Ultra Ball (FCO 113)
2 Lysandre (AOR 78)
1 Skyla (BKP 122)
4 VS Seeker (ROS 110)
3 Choice Band (SM2 49)
2 N (FCO 105)
3 Float Stone (PLF 99)
1 Hex Maniac (AOR 75)
4 Max Elixir (BKP 102)

A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • Why the little Zygarde, especially if you are not running any Energy Switch?
  • IMO, after a lot of testing, I'm finding that I do not need a 2nd Shaymin EX when I'm also running Tapu Lele GX.. I'd suggest replacing 1 Shaymin EX with another F energy in order to make your Max Elixir more effective.
  • Why no Field Blower(s)? Most players I know now run a minimum of 2 FBs which could disrupt your field.
  • 3 Brooklet Hill Stadiums seem excessive to me, especially now that the popular Field can remove a Stadium. I'd suggest replacing 1 Stadium with a Parallel City in order to remove any unwanted/unneeded Pokémon from your bench or disrupt your opponent's bench.
I hope you find these comments helpful.

Last edited:
I love Gallade! It's a great Pokemon. I'd recommend all 4 strong energy. And in the standard format, it's tough to pull off Maxie's... although it might be a little more feasible with Lele, I hadn't even thought about that.

I suggest that you wait for couple of months. Right now, Grass is the most playable type and almost all of your mons are weak to Grass.

Assuming this is for Standard, since we do not have Battle compressor, it would be very difficult to pull a Maxie's.
So I would suggest that you drop the Gallade line and you can increase the Carbink BREAK line. Carbink line will help more than Gallade.

Back