Pokemon Launches 25th Anniversary Site and Trailer, Announces Music Partnership with Katy Perry

A Dilophosaurus

If it's not Cosmic Eclipse then I don't care.
On the logo it shows Grookey cooking something that looks suspiciosly like a Magikarp....

And I'm glad to have the Shining Fates set symbol now.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
TPCi didn't show any Base Set card during the first part of the video cause they couldn't get their hands on any.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
On the logo it shows Grookey cooking something that looks suspiciosly like a Magikarp....

And I'm glad to have the Shining Fates set symbol now.
That is a Magikarp fan used for cooking curry while camping. Used for fanning the flames.

SweetPikachu

Aspiring Trainer
I'm excited for the jumbo cards but the whole Katy Perry partnership is wack...isn't she a has-been by now?? Odd choice.

Wechselbalg

brb
Most of the starters in the logo feature something significant from that generation, but gen 5 is just "well idk top hats and parasols because why not".

I don't know what that thermometer and lunch basket in gen 3 and 4 are supposed to stand for but neither of them seem as completely random as the "theme" for gen 5. Unless I'm missing something.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
You know, I wasn't remembering things correctly, but it was amusing to me that Pokemon was partnering up with Katy Perry because I thought she had a concert in Nashville during Worlds 2018. It was actually Taylor Swift. But again, the thought of people at TPC taking that opportunity to talk to 'Katy Perry' during Worlds for a later partnership amused me. At least I can make myself laugh. :rolleyes:

In any case, I'll be looking forward to more information on all of the 25th anniversary stuff.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Most of the starters in the logo feature something significant from that generation, but gen 5 is just "well idk top hats and parasols because why not".

I don't know what that thermometer and lunch basket in gen 3 and 4 are supposed to stand for but neither of them seem as completely random as the "theme" for gen 5. Unless I'm missing something.
I've never played gen 5 but I think the parasol and pieces of clothing come from either contests or something to do with dreams, I remember seeing them in the title movie for black and white.

KairosDialga

Aspiring Trainer

Gen 3 has the Pokeblock Case that you use to store the pokeblocks in for feeding to pokemon for the Pokemon Contests.
Gen 4 is actually the Poffin case, which is pretty much like Gen 4's versions of Pokeblocks
Gen 5 are the accessories you can dress you pokemon up in for the Pokemon Musical thing which was specifically in those games.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
HOLY SHIT THAT SNIVY IS BASICALLY A COINCIDENCE TO SMUGLEAF.

Also,this can be a great year to play Pokèmon.

jamestajames

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon fans: We think the format is beyond stale. We want change.
Pokemon Company: RELEASE THE KATY PERRY!

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
I can't tell if they're sneak-peeking a vinyl release, or if that's just a dummy prop. Surprised they haven't tapped into that market yet.