Special English “Scarlet & Violet” 8.5 Set Releasing in January, Likely Featuring Eeveelutions and Legendary Pokemon!

I'm finding it hard to actually be excited for this despite loving Eeveelutions. I  hate the tera mechanic, it's so ugly, they're going to look awful compared to the Evolving Skies alt arts and that saddens me.
I think the teras have been some of the best looking cards so far, even if it's personally my least favourite, the greninja is by far a fan favourite, the terapagos is absolutely stunning and the galvantula looks great too. The garchomp and paldean fates charizard look incredible too. They've genuinely been doing a great job to make them look good, so I think it'll be interesting to see how they turn out

Eh, I’ll give it some more time before passing judgement. It doesn’t sound like my cup ‘o joe right now but I’m pretty sure that may change as more info is revealed. Who knows, it may be a Crown Zenith Mk. 2 in terms of set design.
Let me get this straight. No one buys a product because its "junk. No one buys a set because pull rates are "terrible."
The main reason why people called Shrouded Fable “junk” is because it’s a special set that doesn’t have any sort of noticeable gimmick like past special sets barring the introduction of Pecharunt. The only things it has going for it are the Pecharunt ex, Fezandipiti ex, the Dusknoir line, certain Trainer cards, and the promos included in the products.

If TPCi were smart (or even less-than-smart), they would’ve adapted the TCG’s international yearly release structure to match Japan’s and Shrouded Fable wouldn’t have had the reputation it does thanks to that hypothetical change.
But as soon as there is a B2G1 and one person buys all, NOW they're a scalper?
The fact that you bought out multiple stores worth of Greninja and Kingdra ex boxes and even bragged about buying out their online storefront just to grade the promos makes one of the worst scalpers I’ve seen in a while.
And honestly, scalping would be buying out the PS5 PRO Special 30th Anniversary or the Nightmare Before Christmas Tumbler in mere minutes. THAT'S scalping.
That’s not just scalping but also businesses/governments allowing artificial scarcity to be a thing (at least for the PS5 Pro part since Sony pulled a Funko Inc. and only made it available in a bundle and put a hard limit on how many bundles exist), it shouldn’t be encouraged but FOMO is just too strong a feeling for most people to ignore/not take advantage of.

Back