Special English “Scarlet & Violet” 8.5 Set Releasing in January, Likely Featuring Eeveelutions and Legendary Pokemon!

Gamestop had their B2G1 pro week. Literally, bought out many stores of their Greninja and Kingdra boxes to grade the cards. Had a lot of store credit from selling them many PSA cards. Still do. Now, even online at Gamestop website, they no longer have those 2 boxes (bought those as well). Definitely a good investment. So, when more info is revealed about the Terastal Festival and IF the artwork on some cards (like Umbreon ex) is beyond amazing, then yes, expect a crazy hype. Thats when all that Gamestop credit will come in handy. Pre-order the heck out of it and if there's another B2G1 pro week while they still have in stock in February/March, then yes, you should buy out as many stores as possible. Eeveelutions always sell.
This is a crazy comment. Bro is endorsing scalping

I still think Tera cards from a visual pov ruin Pokémon artwork. An entire set featuring eevee evolutions is crazy, but will be crippled by the curse that is Tera.

You forget that not all Pokemon fans are grumpy, sour boomers like some of you fellas and that this a series precisely and directly aimed at kids, as well as people overflowing with joyfulness and adoration for silly/cute/goofy things. This is a Japanese franchise, if you cannot handle cool hats made of light, you are - whether you will ever accept this or not - fully willing to embrace Pokemon. And maybe that's fine, because it means people like me and some other folk will have more room to have fun 😭
I also find it quite easy to ignore the hats like they’re really not that dominant in the artwork and I really like the crystal effect which is just way more noticeable. Also funnily enough I don’t even like hats myself bc they decided to pander gen 1 yet again with ghost and flying ones, flying hat could’ve been so tasteful but no

When these eeveelutions were first teased, I imagined that they were going to be type-changed teras, with a steel eeveelution and fighting eeveelution to finally hit those respective weaknesses (minus delta species). But now that there hasn't been a type-changed tera since Night Wanderer I'm a little more doubtful? It still could happen I suppose.

Being a new 2-prizer in the annual high class expansion kind of guarantees that you'll be mediocre or niche at best, so if they end up being stellar tera with awkward clunky attacks, that's fine with me, it's not like they were going to be too great anyways. If they aren't tera at all, that's also cool.

If they all end up being same-type tera that would be incredibly lame, so really I'd be happy with anything but that.

Last edited:
When these eeveelutions were first teased, I imagined that they were going to be type-changed teras, with a steel eeveelution and fighting eeveelution to finally hit those respective weaknesses (minus delta species). But now that there hasn't been a type-changed tera since Night Wanderer I'm a little more doubtful? It still could happen I suppose.

Being a new 2-prizer in the annual high class expansion kind of guarantees that you'll be mediocre or niche at best, so if they end up being stellar tera with awkward clunky attacks, that's fine with me, it's not like they were going to be too great anyways. If they aren't tera at all, that's also cool.

If they all end up being same-type tera that would be incredibly lame, so really I'd be happy with anything but that.
I think Sylveon from that deck is a good indicator

I'm going to have low expectations until the first major cards are revealed.

I guess from this set are the Greninja and Kingdra promo from Shrouded Fable

I think this set might feature all 3 types of Tera pokémon (regular tera, type-shifted tera and stellar tera) since it's a tera "festival". If it is like that, then there's hope that at least one might be type-shifted.

This is a crazy comment. Bro is endorsing scalping
Let me get this straight. No one buys a product because its "junk." No one buys a set because pull rates are "terrible." But as soon as there is a B2G1 and one person buys all, NOW they're a scalper?
As far as the Terastal Festival English, it comes out in January. I stated that if Gamestop has a B2G1 in February/March (possibly 2 whole months AFTER the set came out) and there are still plenty of it available, THEN thats when one should take advantage of it.

And honestly, scalping would be buying out the PS5 PRO Special 30th Anniversary or the Nightmare Before Christmas Tumbler in mere minutes. THAT'S scalping.

Not waiting months to see a product not sell and then buying it all. If some people don't want to buy a product because of the pull rates, then just say you're poor. Because obviously, if there's a B2G1 and you call someone a scalper for buying all product of a set sitting on shelves for months, that indicates that you HAD the capacity to buy it at any time. You just got beat to the punch and are being a lil b. Plain and simple.

110% it is! Evo Skies 2 let's go!
This isn't Evolving Skies 2. If you want an expanded take, this is a lesser variant of Evolving Skies + Fusion Strike + Specialty Product. This will be far lesser set due to the very concept of Tera types involving stupid accessories that more often than not downgrade the visual aspects of the Pokemon.

Back