JustInBasil

Grass-Type Gym Leader
News Staff
TPCi has announced card development for Pokemon Trading Card Game Online (PTCGO) will cease after March 1st, 2023. Crown Zenith will be the client’s final expansion.
The upcoming rules change regarding Pokemon Tool cards will not be implemented in PTCGO. Going forward, only critical bug fixes will be applied to PTCGO.
The official sunset date for PTCGO hasn’t been announced yet, but the end of the client has been expected for months. Fans noticed there was no mention of PTCGO on the product packaging for Scarlet & Violet, which releases March 31st.
Pokemon Trading Card...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
Has anyone here ever tried TCG One? I recently heard about it and it's interesting.

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
Live is unacceptable as is, it's not even funny how bad it is.
Big time. I haven't even been able to redeem my Silver Tempest codes since the set came out, as redeeming codes "ate" them. I opened a ticket within days of the set coming out in early November, and now it's the end of January and my last response from support was nearly a month ago. You'd think getting issues with codes fixed would be a higher priority, since it's the closest thing to monetization in the game.

TrumoN

Aspiring Trainer
Are these 2 games somehow related? I mean, can I transfer my account or something? dude, we spend SO MUCH time getting cards and building decks in here... I cannot tolerate to start from the beginning again

CerberusAce

Aspiring Trainer
Are these 2 games somehow related? I mean, can I transfer my account or something? dude, we spend SO MUCH time getting cards and building decks in here... I cannot tolerate to start from the beginning again
Yes, you can migrate your account at any time form PTCGO to PTCGL but once you migrate your account and cards you can't play PTCGO anymore only PTCGL. IF you migrate you'll get all your cards, sleeves, coins, etc but avatar items will not be transferable and unopened pack will be transferred in gems which allow you to buy packs and craft cards

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
You can transfer, but cards before BW go poof, cards beyond playable copies go poof, cards before SM aren't playable yet, packs up to 124 turn into crystals and the rest go poof, and there's a 50% chance that the game just won't work.

efwolverine

Aspiring Trainer
Big time. I haven't even been able to redeem my Silver Tempest codes since the set came out, as redeeming codes "ate" them. I opened a ticket within days of the set coming out in early November, and now it's the end of January and my last response from support was nearly a month ago. You'd think getting issues with codes fixed would be a higher priority, since it's the closest thing to monetization in the game.

The rumor has been that they are in the process of firing the PTCGL development team, which would explain why they've been so damn slow in reacting to....well, everything.

Really just a terrible look for TPC/TPCi. They're really flailing on all fronts at this point. Pawn off Gen 4 remakes onto ILCA so they can do the absolute bare minimum and anger the fanbase with trash "remakes" of a beloved generation. Allow Niantic to continue to abuse the PoGo fanbase with bugs, "mistakes," increased prices. Release Scarlet and Violet in a completely unacceptable state. And scrape the bottom of the barrel for the cheapest, most amateurish developers you can find to make your new TCG client, all for the sake of saving some money.

It's disgraceful, really.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
The rumor has been that they are in the process of firing the PTCGL development team, which would explain why they've been so damn slow in reacting to....well, everything.

Really just a terrible look for TPC/TPCi. They're really flailing on all fronts at this point. Pawn off Gen 4 remakes onto ILCA so they can do the absolute bare minimum and anger the fanbase with trash "remakes" of a beloved generation. Allow Niantic to continue to abuse the PoGo fanbase with bugs, "mistakes," increased prices. Release Scarlet and Violet in a completely unacceptable state. And scrape the bottom of the barrel for the cheapest, most amateurish developers you can find to make your new TCG client, all for the sake of saving some money.

It's disgraceful, really.
Two of those are Game Freak decisions, not TPC, and it's not TPC's job to police Niantic.

Sadly though, for both BDSP and SV, the choices were getting what we got or getting nothing at all. Delaying SV wouldn't have made any sense since it would mean delaying everything else. What would you rather have, SV in its broken state or over a year of Lugia format?

LightYearLiam

Yes, you can migrate your account at any time form PTCGO to PTCGL but once you migrate your account and cards you can't play PTCGO anymore only PTCGL. IF you migrate you'll get all your cards, sleeves, coins, etc but avatar items will not be transferable and unopened pack will be transferred in gems which allow you to buy packs and craft cards
Technically you can still play PTCGO, you just have to make a brand new account with nothing on it. That's what AzulGG ended up doing due to how bad PTCGL was, which says a lot.

Nirvanna21

Mew.
I never played the game on the old app as decks were too expensive, I did open packs though which was fun! I went to LIVE to see what it was like. The transition sucks because of the value of crystals being skewed. They need to increase how many crystals you get from both the transition and the daily rewards.

Side note on crystals... don't do any more than the minimum number of booster packs when transitioning for crystals, 1 under is a waste, 1 over is a waste. Hoard your crystals and use them for premium pass that costs 1800 crystals as that will net you a good amount loot whether or not you play.

I also believe they need to allow you to trade in your cards for credit manually. At the moment it automatically does this if you own 4 of a particular card, but I want more control over my online collection.

Match wise, I enjoyed myself, because you could EASILY build good decks to play with. I did an entire 50 tiers worth of rewards during the Silver Tempest pass and it was pretty good.

Ultimately, I would recommend people transition over now and then wait for updates and place several requests about new features you require.