dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
So this pretty much proves that Live's development is WAAAAAAY behind schedule and that PTCGO was supposed to have been replaced some time ago.

Frankly, unless they hired the PTCGO devs to rescue Live, this is the end of online PTCG.
PTCGO was supposed to have been replaced last year, it's not news that it is behind schedule.

ProfesserPopplio

Professional Air Breather
So this pretty much proves that Live's development is WAAAAAAY behind schedule and that PTCGO was supposed to have been replaced some time ago.

Frankly, unless they hired the PTCGO devs to rescue Live, this is the end of online PTCG.
I think “the end of online PTCG” is a bit of a stretch but ok

Chicken008

Aspiring Trainer
Anyone know why this company is getting stupider?
Live is clearly a buggy mess that gets worse with every set release.
I've been playing the Live beta for over a year and I STILL can't view my collection outside of editing/creating a new deck.
Do they have cleaning staff developing this game? Why is it so bad?

Clear

Birb is the Word
It doesn't matter how buggy mess or whatever it is.
What matters is cutting off DWD for good, and developing the tool change mechanic for a game that you gonna dump makes no sense.
Haven't you all learn anything by now?

TheRainmaker

I like Expanded
That was never confirmed anywhere.
Not a confirmation per say, but to be fair we started getting advertising for PTCGL on code cards as early as Fusion Strike which we got near the end of 2021 and they also mentioned the sunset around that time. Clearly they wanted to release it much sooner, but things continually did not go as planned and here we are.

bbb888

Same user name as my Pokémon YouTube channel
The rumor has been that they are in the process of firing the PTCGL development team, which would explain why they've been so damn slow in reacting to....well, everything.

Really just a terrible look for TPC/TPCi. They're really flailing on all fronts at this point. Pawn off Gen 4 remakes onto ILCA so they can do the absolute bare minimum and anger the fanbase with trash "remakes" of a beloved generation. Allow Niantic to continue to abuse the PoGo fanbase with bugs, "mistakes," increased prices. Release Scarlet and Violet in a completely unacceptable state. And scrape the bottom of the barrel for the cheapest, most amateurish developers you can find to make your new TCG client, all for the sake of saving some money.

It's disgraceful, really.
Two of those are Game Freak decisions, not TPC, and it's not TPC's job to police Niantic.

Sadly though, for both BDSP and SV, the choices were getting what we got or getting nothing at all. Delaying SV wouldn't have made any sense since it would mean delaying everything else. What would you rather have, SV in its broken state or over a year of Lugia format?
Anyone know why this company is getting stupider?
Live is clearly a buggy mess that gets worse with every set release.
I've been playing the Live beta for over a year and I STILL can't view my collection outside of editing/creating a new deck.
Do they have cleaning staff developing this game? Why is it so bad?
Totally agree with y'all!!
Do you think the covid pandemic had any effect on production of these games?? Like GameFreak and TPC closing their offices and laying off some workers while remaining developers work remotely from home, etc. And yet they never postponed the deadline/release for most of these games.

smich_01

Casual PTCGO Player
Has anyone here ever tried TCG One? I recently heard about it and it's interesting.
TCGOne is great but the problem with that is the website hasn't implemented everything after Chilling Reign so the only reason for people to play on there is for retro formats at the moment.

Da idiot

arceus' 1000'th arm
The rumor has been that they are in the process of firing the PTCGL development team, which would explain why they've been so damn slow in reacting to....well, everything.

Really just a terrible look for TPC/TPCi. They're really flailing on all fronts at this point. Pawn off Gen 4 remakes onto ILCA so they can do the absolute bare minimum and anger the fanbase with trash "remakes" of a beloved generation. Allow Niantic to continue to abuse the PoGo fanbase with bugs, "mistakes," increased prices. Release Scarlet and Violet in a completely unacceptable state. And scrape the bottom of the barrel for the cheapest, most amateurish developers you can find to make your new TCG client, all for the sake of saving some money.

It's disgraceful, really.
To be fair on the BDSP part, the resources they saved on allocating to ILCA was put into legends arceus which was amazing

Nirvanna21

Mew.
To be fair on the BDSP part, the resources they saved on allocating to ILCA was put into legends arceus which was amazing

Wait, what was wrong with BDSP? I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. The only shitty thing was restricting Arceus to having played legends.

Nintenfreak

Aspiring Trainer
You can transfer, but cards before BW go poof, cards beyond playable copies go poof, cards before SM aren't playable yet, packs up to 124 turn into crystals and the rest go poof, and there's a 50% chance that the game just won't work.
I don't understand why don't they just give you a wild card for each extra that you have? Something like MTG Arena does

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
What in the actual holy hell are you people talking about? I've already had twice as much fun playing PTCGL in the few weeks I've had it on my phone as I did during the hundreds of hours I spent grinding PTCGO. Either you all are too picky, or there's something I'm missing entirely.

ZestyGan

Aspiring Trainer
Wait, what was wrong with BDSP? I thoroughly enjoyed it myself. The only shitty thing was restricting Arceus to having played legends.
it was a remake of D/P. That's the issue. DP were unpolished, underdeveloped, messy and horribly planned out+thought out games. Which would be fine...if they changed more than a few things. Which they didn't. What we wanted was something like ORAS but for the switch.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
The comments in this thread are a good reminder of why I only invest in physical cards.

And what gave you the idea that anyone "invests" on PTCGO? It's justa tool for play, nobody "invests" on it. People are pissed that there will be no longer a decent platform for you to play on. Hell, I'd even prefer having my collection start from scratch, and have something as predatory as Arena as an economy, if it meant having a true improvement for the new client, than having to deal with freaking Live.