“Ancient Roar” and “Future Flash” Officially Revealed, Including Sandy Shocks ex!

I like Iron Hands. I dont really remember but I feel like "take one extra prize" cards have usually been pretty convoluted with weird conditions or low dmg or being on stage 1s and 2s, this actually would ohko a lot of support pokemon or single prize attackers and take 2 prizes for it.

Future Booster is awesome! Ancient Booster is pretty good too.
Scream Tail with 60 bonus hp means it can now snipe for 280 max, which is pretty funny. I really like how Future Booster free retreat synergises with a lot of the mons.

If I had a Poke Dollar for every time Sada was featured on a 4-of staple card in this calendar year, I'd have two Poke Dollars... and then I'll probably STILL be 498 Poke Dollars short of being able to buy the Full Art Sada's Determination (if there is one)

Prof. Sada's Determination - it's just ridiculously good. 5
Earthen Vessel - 5, not a direct reprint of Prof. Letter but a 1-of in most decks, if they're desperate for an energy in early game.
Slither Wing - do better. 120 ain't enough with that massive recoil. 3
Sandy Shocks ex - same thing here. 200 still not enough, I want 230, at least I can KO a 2-prized without extra help. 3
Iron Hands ex - we see this in Guzzlord and it barely had some use. I better use Flaaffy on smth like Miraidon not this one. 3
Iron Jugulis - wtf? What could you get from 170 on 3 that doesn't hit for weakness? Dark would be justified since you can KO Gardevoir in that range. FBEC, ... I almost say Reversal but Reversal only works on evolved Pokemon and 3 energy is still expensive. 2
Future Booster Energy Capsule - do I need to say how good this is? 5, free retreat on Future Pokemon. Float Stone will nvr going to reprint after this.
Professor Turo's Scenario - weird that they directly reprint AZ. Scoop Up Net also will never reprinted after this. 5
Future Radar - consistency. 4-5
Tulip - I almost say Gardevoir boost but Gardevoir attaches from discard, so no. I rather use it on Gholdengo. 4
Mela - mid. 3
For Iron Hands I was thinking it could be a good one-of in miraidon since it helps a lot against gard and lost box, also Iron Hands with energy capsule 1 shots lugia, palkia and pidgeot so I do think there is more to it.

As someone who played Volcanion Turtonator back in the day, I'm hoping to try Mela and Earth Vessel paired with the new Volcanion and Tera Skeledirge ex. It would work very similarly with the exception of no Kiawe (although Geeta works since Dirge only attacks for 2), rare candies for evolving, and as far as I'm aware, no Starmie equivalent. Radiant Greninja serves as a replacement to Scorched Earth and Magma Basin is a mini Blacksmith. Really excited to try this one out.

Hands: love it. Good typing, even better attacks, just a little pricey. I can see it in Miraidon.

Slither: meh. Can be ok in GLC.

Sandy: it's sooo close. Great ability, but such a mediocre attack to go with it.

Jugulis: also close. I can see it used in GLC effectively.

Booster Capsules: it's good. I like them. Very useable.

Sada: nuts.

Earth Vessel: quick ball for professor's letter.

Turo: Penny

Techno Radar: twice the man quick ball ever was

Mela: more Charizard ex support, as if it needs it.

Tulip: just run Super Rod, not worth the supporter to get one more mon back in the deck.

Tulip: just run Super Rod, not worth the supporter to get one more mon back in the deck.
Tulip returns four in any combination od Basic Psychic Energy and Psychic Pokémon into the hand. Thus this card provides more direct access to resources compared to Super Rod. It is in essence a psychic version of Nessa. The card is not great in Gardevoir decks but would be real nice in Xatu-based Psychic decks.

Kinda weird no one is talking about the fact that turo is scoop up net...
sorta balanced by the fact it's on a supporter. It'll most likely be used more as a healing card rather than a card effect recycling card. After rotation hits, it's looking like a lot of decks will start having draw engine problems as kirlias and vip passes are going to be rotated out. This means decks will need to rely on supporters to churn through your deck. There'd be an actual opportunity cost you give up if you use Turo.

The card is not great in Gardevoir decks but would be real nice in Xatu-based Psychic decks.
There are some niche uses in Gardevoir decks where you want to recover a baby gardevoir or to reuse zacian for the turn. Some decks use Klara to replace a super rod for these scenarios. This card now allows you to recover a whole ralts line which can also potentially save an artazon for a stadium bump and/or pokemon search.

Last edited:
Do you seriously think Iron Hands is only a THREE?! This card is absolutely stupid in the current format. Miraidon is not the deck you’re playing this card in anyway…
Iron Hands ex - we see this in Guzzlord and it barely had some use. I better use Flaaffy on smth like Miraidon not this one. 3

This is tentative unless I see the results. We might end up overhyping the card.
So by that logic, why give anything a 5 ever? Why even bother giving ratings if you don’t have any evidence to back up any of your grades? If you’re grading without evidence of performance, based purely on first impressions based on the state of the current format, Iron Hands ex should absolutely be a 6

I mean if y’all are gonna talk about how powerful Iron Hands is, really ought to talk about not just the payoff of the card, but the practicality of setting it up to do what it needs to as well.

Stoutland V showed up as an option for Lugia, but that also involved only 3 energy and in a deck that could supply its Pokémon energy directly from the deck up to 2 or 4 at a time. Damage was a moderate factor to why Stoutland never showed up in decks before Lugia, but how many resources do you plan on amassing for Iron Hands to be worth it? Nothing to power it up as of now is anywhere near as card-efficient as what Archeops did for Stoutland. Is powering it up once enough to sway matchups in Miraidon’s favor? Have those scenarios and use cases been fully thought out?

I mean if y’all are gonna talk about how powerful Iron Hands is, really ought to talk about not just the payoff of the card, but the practicality of setting it up to do what it needs to as well.

Stoutland V showed up as an option for Lugia, but that also involved only 3 energy and in a deck that could supply its Pokémon energy directly from the deck up to 2 or 4 at a time. Damage was a moderate factor to why Stoutland never showed up in decks before Lugia, but how many resources do you plan on amassing for Iron Hands to be worth it? Nothing to power it up as of now is anywhere near as card-efficient as what Archeops did for Stoutland. Is powering it up once enough to sway matchups in Miraidon’s favor? Have those scenarios and use cases been fully thought out?

Finally someone capable of nuanced and contextualized analysis.

Y’all need to stop thinking Iron Hands is played in Miraidon, that’s not the deck that makes this card busted. And ya, taking 2 prizes on a Manaphy sent to the Lost Zone then taking 2 more with Greninja is definitely worth it

Back