“Black Bolt,” “White Flare,” “Heat Wave Arena” Trademarks Filed for the Pokemon TCG: More Evidence of Later “Legends: ZA” Release!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
New trademarks for Black Bolt (ブラックボルト), White Flare (ホワイトフレア), and Heat Wave Arena (熱風のアリーナ) have been filed by Pokemon. They’re under the same terms as trademarks used for set names in the past.

Black-Bolt-200x69.jpg

White-Flare-200x78.jpg

Hot-Air-Arena-200x62.jpg

We usually discover trademarks around six to eight months before they’re used, so these are likely sets releasing between April and June. For example, Battle Partners releases on January 24th and we discovered its trademark in July.
White Flare and Black Bolt obviously sound like dual sets headlined by Reshiram and Zekrom. They may include the N’s Reshiram cards we saw revealed at Worlds...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Is this a hint at possible Gen 5 remakes coming after all next year? Or will this just be a tcg only focused thing? Seems so specific to Gen 5…

Could be throughout the I block we're going to see a running theme of the villains owning the big Legendaries, similar to Rainbow Rocket in USUM or most of the villains in Pokemon Masters. So Giovanni's Mewtwo, Ghetsis's Zekrom/Reshiram, Cyrus's Dialga/Palkia, Lusamine's Necrozma, Volo's Giratina, etc.

Last edited:
Makes me wonder that, assuming Legends z-a is a switch 2 launch title, if they can't release the switch 2 til holidays 2025, then why not shadow-drop a black 2/white 2 remake to the eshop next february after the pokemon day presentation of 2025's conclusion, and maybe release classic pokemon games within a secret game corner where you use coins instead ofpoke dollars, and any pokemon caught and in your party within the games there will be transferred to your pokemon home account while the coins go to your b2w2 game once the hall of fame is entered? If you shadow-drop, then please don't pull it after March 31st 2026, because nostalgia from the past does not need to be locked up after time passes and reaches a certain date!

Last edited:
Is this a hint at possible Gen 5 remakes coming after all next year? Or will this just be a tcg only focused thing? Seems so specific to Gen 5…
TGC did some sets focusing on Pokémon of certain regions before(Celestial Storm,Lost Thunder,Team Up and Ultraprism)
They didn't do one for Unova,so they're trying to fix it now

To be more specific, the word 熱風 (neppuu) is the Japanese attack name of "Heat Wave". Still, I have a feeling "Heated Arena" might be a bit more apt. Hot Air Arena or Heat Wave Arena both sound a little unnatural.

Also this implies we're not getting the N cards until SV10 which is a little disheartening.

Last edited:
Back