“Black Bolt,” “White Flare,” “Heat Wave Arena” Trademarks Filed for the Pokemon TCG: More Evidence of Later “Legends: ZA” Release!

Yyyyaaaayyyy mooooorrrreeee fire support.... can't we get some grass stuff that isn't half baked for once, and no teal mask doesn't count its an engine for other decks not a grass deck itself.

Last edited:
Crossing my fingers for Dragon-type Reshiram ex and Zekrom ex, aside from the upcoming N's Reshiram and their Tag Team we haven't had any ultra rare cards that emphasize their Dragon typing. It'll provide a nice contrast to all the Fire and Lightning cards they've received in the past and give us something different. Dragon is my favorite TCG type and it's one thing that ended up making me like Raging Bolt more than Gouging Fire when it was the other way around before.

Or, a wacky thought that came to mind: we could get Tera Fairy (Psychic) Reshiram and Tera Dark Zekrom...

Update (8:30 PM): We originally translated 熱風のアリーナ to “Hot Air Arena,” but “熱風” is used in the video games for Heat Wave’s attack name. Thus, Heat Wave Arena is a more appropriate translation.

Heat Wave is an attack from the games often used by Volcarona. Could Heat Wave Arena be referring to Volcarona, perhaps Alder’s Volcarona ex? Charizard, Pidgeot, Moltres, and Heatran are other Pokemon that naturally learn the move.

Despite the updated translation, a certain Fire and Flying-type still learns Heat Wave naturally in the video games... 🤔

But in the TCG, only Volcarona (Noble Victories/Cosmic Eclipse), Talonflame (Unified Minds) and Ninetales (151 ex) have had the move Heat Wave.

Last edited:
Maybe a small Gen 5 port ala BDSP? Despite its flaws I think BDSP warranted enough success for Nintendo to partner with ILCA again.

The fact that the TCG is focusing on Gen 5 right now should be indication that they're NOT doing a port/remake of Gen 5 anytime soon... otherwise they would be saving the Gen 5 focus until whenever the remake happens.

Another set, a better chance for Gamefreak to finally make a decent Pokemon game on Switch, for once. The more this game gets internally delayed, the happier I become...a sentiment I share for like no other IP, but Pokemon...is a pretty special case these days, thanks solely to GF's continual incompetence since the Switch released. @_@ (And yes, I'm aware that TPCI are likely the real villains, but like...it's Gamefreak who ACTUALLY makes the games. They really need to either stand up to their TPCI counterparts...or just hire more damn people. Fortunately, it seems that the latter, at least, has happened now, so...)

The fact that the TCG is focusing on Gen 5 right now should be indication that they're NOT doing a port/remake of Gen 5 anytime soon... otherwise they would be saving the Gen 5 focus until whenever the remake happens.
Maybe they'll announce an ILCA Gen 5 remake for 2025 soon, which could explain why there are so many sets focused on Gen 5 Pokémon.

The strange thing is that they announced a Reshiram-themed set right after they just revealed a Reshiram card (N's Reshiram) and a Black Kyurem EX. Either Reshiram will have two significant cards in Block I, or, even more strangely, the "White Flare" set might not feature a Reshiram EX card at all and could be named after a rare card instead. Has that ever happened before?

Also, I guess they'll keep the Trainer's Pokémon mechanic throughout Block I (and I kind of hope they keep it forever, though knowing TPC, that’s unlikely). But who besides N could have both a Reshiram and a Zekrom? Or will they be trainerless?

Maybe they'll announce an ILCA Gen 5 remake for 2025 soon, which could explain why there are so many sets focused on Gen 5 Pokémon.

The strange thing is that they announced a Reshiram-themed set right after they just revealed a Reshiram card (N's Reshiram) and a Black Kyurem EX. Either Reshiram will have two significant cards in Block I, or, even more strangely, the "White Flare" set might not feature a Reshiram EX card at all and could be named after a rare card instead. Has that ever happened before?

Also, I guess they'll keep the Trainer's Pokémon mechanic throughout Block I (and I kind of hope they keep it forever, though knowing TPC, that’s unlikely). But who besides N could have both a Reshiram and a Zekrom? Or will they be trainerless?
It could always be Ghetsis or Hubert / Hilda. But yeah I think we'll still get trainerless ex pokemon regardless. Still unsure if the posterchilds next year will all be owner's pokemon Im beginning to doubt that, precisely because BKyurem ex and N' Reshiram make it a bit odd. And imo this set is coming presumably quite soon and I dont see pokemon shadowdropping a main game remake but we'll see

It could always be Ghetsis or Hubert / Hilda. But yeah I think we'll still get trainerless ex pokemon regardless. Still unsure if the posterchilds next year will all be owner's pokemon Im beginning to doubt that, precisely because BKyurem ex and N' Reshiram make it a bit odd. And imo this set is coming presumably quite soon and I dont see pokemon shadowdropping a main game remake but we'll see
Ghetsis has never owned Zekrom or Reshiram. Hubert/Hilda or Nate/Rosa would make sense as the trainers. Ghetsis would make sense with Kyurem or the fusions

Another set, a better chance for Gamefreak to finally make a decent Pokemon game on Switch, for once. The more this game gets internally delayed, the happier I become...a sentiment I share for like no other IP, but Pokemon...is a pretty special case these days, thanks solely to GF's continual incompetence since the Switch released. @_@ (And yes, I'm aware that TPCI are likely the real villains, but like...it's Gamefreak who ACTUALLY makes the games. They really need to either stand up to their TPCI counterparts...or just hire more damn people. Fortunately, it seems that the latter, at least, has happened now, so...)
"for once" insert that one guy who doesn't like ANYTHING image here

Back