“Charizard ex Super-Premium Collection” Releasing in October!

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
A new “Charizard ex Super-Premium Collection” will release on October 4th for $79.99!

Charizard-ex-Super-Premium-Collection-200x176.jpg

Charizard-ex-Super-Premium-Collection-2-200x178.jpg

Charizard-ex-Super-Premium-Collection-3-200x176.jpg

P9574_290-85819_03-200x200.jpg

Charizard-ex-Super-Premium-Collection-4-200x180.jpg

Charizard-ex-Super-Premium-Collection-Figure-188x200.jpg

P9574_290-85819_08-200x200.jpg

P9574_290-85819_09-200x200.jpg

The box will include a Charizard ex promo, a...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
This kind of product seems prime to "invest" in. Low desirability, Slightly overpriced, has something unique about it. Any time I see this kind of thing it usually will end up gaining quickly in value once it runs out of print. If it ever goes on sale for $50 I would say pick one up to open, one to trade for a Booster Box in 2 years.

Eh, this one may be a cop for me if the figure is of a decent quality but the base makes me worried it'll be cheap.

The promo is whatever. I was expecting it to come over when it was revealed that the Bulbasaur/Squirtle Illustration Rares and "alt arts" of Venusaur/Blastoise ex were being included in Stellar Crown, the only variable would've been how it's released it appears that TPCi went with the "as expensive as possible without making customers feel like we're pulling the wool over their eyes" option.
I can’t believe the promo is 151 zard instead of OF zard
Charizard ex OBF is already in a multitude of products, it doesn't need to be jammed into another one.
The base of the figurine made me think it was an amiibo for a second.
(Un)fortunately TPC wasn't exactly "wowed" by amiibos when they were announced and really only did the bare minimum in the form of Smash Bros. amiibos, a one-off Detective Pikachu amiibo, and a Shadow Mewtwo amiibo card packed into first-print copies of Wii U's Pokken tournament. Expecting the Scrooges at TPCi to shell out money to produce an amiibo that's exclusive to one of their products is just a pipe dream.

As to what made TPC so cold to making amiibo, I'd pin it on them experimenting with NFC figures via Pokémon Rumble U and seeing that game getting reamed in the reviews (with a special reaming towards the NFC figures due to them being necessary to upgrade certain Pokémon in-game).

BRUHHHH this product is dog water. So bad. I’m concerned the UPC in November is going to be bad now as well. Really want something cool to release plz and thx.

Honestly, the way they’re doing it makes a lot of sense. They made the product way overpriced, and there’s already too many Charizard collections, but having all three of Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastiose in stellar crown would be weird when only the Squirtle and Bulbasaur would have IRs since the Charmander was the OBF ETB promo. I like how nice and segmented this is- the Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines both have their final-form ex and an IR in Stellar Crown, which desperately needs more good stuff in it, while the Charmander line is all promos in products. That said, yeah this product should be like 60 bucks tops lol. The figure is probably pushing the price up

Honestly, the way they’re doing it makes a lot of sense. They made the product way overpriced, and there’s already too many Charizard collections, but having all three of Charizard, Venusaur, and Blastiose in stellar crown would be weird when only the Squirtle and Bulbasaur would have IRs since the Charmander was the OBF ETB promo. I like how nice and segmented this is- the Bulbasaur and Squirtle lines both have their final-form ex and an IR in Stellar Crown, which desperately needs more good stuff in it, while the Charmander line is all promos in products. That said, yeah this product should be like 60 bucks tops lol. The figure is probably pushing the price up
I hate how they did it. The problem was already pulling that charmander. That line is way to overhyped and only in the west. It shows how basic these fans are. In Japan, the three starters are almost always marketed together hence all three IRs and Exs were in one box. I just don’t get why they don’t mirror the Japanese products and instead option for garbage 99% of the time.

The figure will look great next to the 'Also-Stupidly-Large' Detective Pikachu Amiibo. ...And that's the nicest thing I can say about this. :p

On the plus side, this actually gives me a reason to get that stupid Detective Pikachu Amiibo now, I guess. Not that I plan on buying this box, mind you. Buying the figure alone will probably cost like 1/4 the price of this box at most, tbh. :p

Back